Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19

Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 38981 times)

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cube World
« on: February 16, 2013, 04:22:58 am »

CUBE WORLD THREAD
(Did not find another through searching)

Cube World is a voxel based RPG sandbox game. It seems to take inspiration from a few games and it looks really cool; it isn't out yet but you can view updates on the creators blog, here: http://wollay.blogspot.ca/ You can view videos on his Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/WollayFX?feature=watch

The game has character creation, very detailed weapon customization where you build your weapons voxel by voxel, a great looking combat system, multiplayer, and it's still in alpha! We'll probably have more to talk about as time goes on but share your thoughts here.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 05:02:01 am by Goobly »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cube World
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 04:26:40 am »

Another minecraft rip-off.
But hey, it might be a good rip-off!

I like how the world looks vibrant, compared to the stale colours of minecraft.

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 04:28:24 am »

I wouldn't call it a ripoff, the world IS made of cubes but there is no mining and such. I'd say they are very different games. Some things seem to be able to destroy parts of the world though, there is this big turtle boss who can spin around and destroy things he hits.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 05:23:39 am »

So, basically, third-person open-world RPG that is voxel-based in a form similar to minecraft, i.e in large blocks, except without the mining and construction parts of the game.

Sounds interesting, I suppose. I'll be keeping an eye on this, then.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 05:27:29 am »

It seems you can have a house but I'm unsure whether that is through free building or buying premade ones. Definitely no mining though. Also, the combat system is a lot more advanced than Minecraft.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 06:15:53 am »

What's the point of voxel-based gameplay when you can't destroy stuff. It looks pretty nice graphically tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 06:40:52 am »

I really like how it looks and plays, the combat especially seems fun. Not sure about the no world breaking tho, as miauw said, why go voxel if you don't want people to destroy atleast parts of the world.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 08:13:55 am »

I personally like voxel games for the way they look, not just that I can blow them to bits.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 08:33:17 am »

I came in here wanting to shout "NOT ANOTHER MINECRAFT RIPOFF!!!" but I was pleasantly surprised.

I'll be keeping an eye on this.

It'll be fun to play multiplayer and see what kinds of goofy weapons people are going to show off.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 08:35:43 am »

PTW
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2013, 08:35:55 am »

I really like how it looks and plays, the combat especially seems fun. Not sure about the no world breaking tho, as miauw said, why go voxel if you don't want people to destroy atleast parts of the world.
But you can destroy the world if you want. Look at the boss fights, where they use big attacks and destroys everything around them.

The thing i like in this game is the world is totally random, with random towns with different npc, quests, different look of towns. You will be abel to build some things, like houses, but it is not as in minecraft.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2013, 09:06:41 am »

I estimate 25 minutes before someone makes a phallic weapon.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 09:12:51 am »

Well, as long as we can have axes to chop wood and build wooden houses, I'm fine. That and blow stuff up with explosive weapons. Because having a voxel game without explosions is like having chocolate milk without chocolate.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2013, 09:14:26 am »

Yup.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2013, 09:27:38 am »

I've been watching the game for a while on Desura and am holding off until it's in beta. I am definitely looking forward to it and I believe it has had some god buzz in the indie dev scene.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 19