Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19

Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 38986 times)

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cube World
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 09:45:18 am »

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 10:09:56 am »

this revelation only just hit me, but the combat in this game is kind of similar to kingdoms of amular (amalur? it honestly changes every time you look at the box.) That was a great game.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 11:25:56 am »

Cube World is some of what Minecraft could have been but definitely isn't. I've been watching the youtube channel for awhile and am stoked for release.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 12:29:47 pm »

Ive seen it 1 or 2 years ago on youtube I think.
Is it really not even done yet?

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 04:02:10 pm »

Ive seen it 1 or 2 years ago on youtube I think.
Is it really not even done yet?

Was pretty much thinking exactly this.

When I saw the thread I got hopeful, thinking it was finally done, or at least a demo or something.

Bah.

Ahahaha, sorry mate. Not too sure how close it is to release but loads of people are asking for an alpha test thing so we might get to play it soon.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 04:40:39 pm »

From the gameplay videos they've released it looks entirely playable as it is. It looked playable when the first videos came up a long time ago, really.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 06:42:29 pm »

From the gameplay videos they've released it looks entirely playable as it is. It looked playable when the first videos came up a long time ago, really.
I totally agree, but I have this FAQ from wollay's blog.

Q: What is Cube World?
A: Cube World is the project name of a voxel-based exploration RPG currently in development.

Q: Where can I download the game?
A: You can't download it yet because it's still in development.

Q: When will the game be released?
A: When it's done. :)

Q: Will it be free?
A: No.
So maybe he's not going the minecraft (and generally indie) route of beta access
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2013, 12:00:25 am »

A: Cube World is the project name of a voxel-based exploration RPG currently in development.

So maybe he's not going the minecraft (and generally indie) route of beta access

Problem with beta accesses is that it's really easy to just redistribute the beta to anyone through torrents and such.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2013, 12:23:25 am »

Problem with beta accesses is that it's really easy to just redistribute the beta to anyone through torrents and such.
True, but that will still happen went the game come out in full release

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 12:28:32 am »

True, but that will still happen went the game come out in full release

Mhm, he probably just wants the game to be released in all its glory though. Looks damn good already.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2013, 07:18:01 am »

If I can't mine with a pickaxe I'm gonna use that crab boss to do my digging for me :)

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2013, 10:29:49 pm »

I hope it doesn't get classed as a Minecraft ripoff by many people like Terraria did. Cube World and Minecraft are so far almost nothing alike.

GrayFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 12:30:45 am »

I hope it doesn't get classed as a Minecraft ripoff by many people like Terraria did. Cube World and Minecraft are so far almost nothing alike.

Yep, I agree with you on that. It's kinda immature & foolish to call it a ripoff. Games in the same genre are likely to have many similarities, it doesn't make them ripoffs at all.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 04:14:25 am »

No Minecraft style building? No buy.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 04:52:32 am »

Yep, I agree with you on that. It's kinda immature & foolish to call it a ripoff. Games in the same genre are likely to have many similarities, it doesn't make them ripoffs at all.

It's not so much the same genre as it's the same visual style (even still, not identical) which people somehow confuse for it being the same as minecraft.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19