Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 38980 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cube World
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 09:30:50 am »

It's an RPG with Minecraft style crafting. <------imperfect, but serviceable description.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2013, 11:01:37 am »

It's an RPG with Minecraft style crafting. <------imperfect, but serviceable description.

No? How is 3D Dot Heroes style crafting Minecraft style? Did you not see how you can alter how items look, cube by cube?

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2013, 11:11:30 am »

No Minecraft style building? No buy.
dude, that's kind of like saying you aren't buying a burger because they don't serve it in a hotdog bun.

edit: although if there is no block by block building, I do hope there's some form of skyrim house building, where you choose a room and where to put it, but you don't build design the looks. That and a way to fix up crab holes.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:13:06 am by coolio678 »
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2013, 07:08:48 pm »

I hope this game gets regular updates after release. Definitely a game where more content would be nice.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2013, 07:32:23 pm »

I hope this game gets regular updates after release. Definitely a game where more content would be nice.

Or just release it complete. You know, how people used to make games.

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2013, 09:25:49 pm »

As long as the game is released in a very playable state with much content then what's wrong with adding more? Sadly, most companies tend to release their games unfinished and charge you to obtain the missing content. EA seems to enjoy doing this but you know, EA is a company I would happily watch go up in flames. Literally. No casualties obviously, I'm not a sick person but it'd be awesome to see the EA logo get burnt to the ground.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2013, 10:01:57 pm »

Heyy, I've seen this around, here and there. Definitely looking pretty great! Lemme dig up a video I've seen of it...

Hopefully it hasn't been posted.

I guess it sort've has as the guy's profile has been posted but still. Looks totally awesome.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2013, 11:52:13 pm »

As long as the game is released in a very playable state with much content then what's wrong with adding more? Sadly, most companies tend to release their games unfinished and charge you to obtain the missing content. EA seems to enjoy doing this but you know, EA is a company I would happily watch go up in flames. Literally. No casualties obviously, I'm not a sick person but it'd be awesome to see the EA logo get burnt to the ground.

Why, so the survivors can go F up some other company? EA is people. PEOPLE!!

Goobly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2013, 02:56:31 pm »

Why, so the survivors can go F up some other company? EA is people. PEOPLE!!

Yeah, anyway...

I'm guessing either the quests are randomly generated, the SIDE quests are randomly generated with the quest locations being randomized, OR the side quests are random and many aspects of the main quest are random.

There might not be a main quest though...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2013, 11:57:04 am »

Bump for video content showing a wonderfully scrollable map and other stuff like riding camels and stealth.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMZ3U8OJIWk

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2013, 12:39:38 pm »

The game looks...

Alright.

It has quite a long ways to go until it becomes playable beyond its cheery visage.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2013, 12:47:44 pm »

Well It looks like a decent game.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 01:07:14 pm »

Well It looks like a decent game.

Don't get me wrong, it is decent. Yet for my money's worth it better be good or better.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2013, 01:51:41 pm »

Looks promising. They'd better have a better hook than procedurally generated lands (which i admit, is done wonderfully here) and customizeable weaponry.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19