Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 39321 times)

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cube World
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2013, 01:43:03 pm »

Anyway, worth the money? :P It looks like a lot of fun. But, I wouldn't have anyone to play it with...my friend I play games with already spent money on a couple games, so he wouldn't be able to spend 20 dollars or however much it is.

Not worth it if you'd only be buying it to play single-player. The main draw of the game at the moment is being able to explore and adventure with your friends.

Perhaps in a few months single-player will be worth it, but for now the game appears to be explicitly designed and balanced for co-op play.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2013, 02:07:32 pm »

I don't know about it not being fun single player at this time...
I have been playing it for a while now, enjoying my singleplayer game while I wait for my friends to break though the inability to even make an account to buy the game phase...

So far I have cleared out 3 ruins, 5 castles and faced 2 giant monsters...
While some of its a grind, if you take a moment to appreciate what it is then its fun...

The ruins are boring in the way they are built though, needs some work there...
The Castles are interesting but once again it does need some work cause its quite easy to clear out after you work out the pattern, the bosses are fun to fight when they are melee but Magic and Range are too easy atm, even if your melee yourself, the amount of damage you do way counters theirs before you stun them and get time to heal up...
The Giant Monsters are the most likely reason the game can be give the "influenced by Monster Hunter" tag...

The Giant Monsters themselves are quite an interesting fight, they are large creatures that fill up at least 1/3 of the screen when fully zoomed out, they hit hard and can become quite difficult to constantly attack without dodging and moving out of the way of their attacks MH style and they actually deform the terrain around them as you fight... That Rock a nice place to heal up behind out of sight? THINK AGAIN, the monster just SMASHED THROUGH IT...

The item crafting pretty interesting when you get into the nitty gritty of it, playing any class which requires Iron is kinda annoying considering that the resource needed is only found in caves and unless you find mountains you will have a hard time finding them compared to the other classes. The weapons and armour themselves are quite well done and dispite my games always hitting me with the "Not your Class" Drops 9 times out of 10. The ability to find/buy the recipies to make better gear is a nice touch...

Adjusting the look of the weapons is fun too, though there are moments you wish you could just removed that block completely cause by the looks of things there is a cap on how many you can add, but I think thats stated somewhere on the weapon itself. Being able to increase the range of your melee weapon by lengthening the weapon is quite funny if you think about it, and having things like the boomerang and making it have a larger body allows it to hit a large area from what I have experienced...

While I can see it being more fun with friends, the game is totally fine to play singleplayer style. Moving around the area correctly though is a must, moving to each of the dungeons/quest areas is a must which is locatable by the crossed swords icon on the map screen...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2013, 03:22:17 pm »

Iron isn't that bad, try having to find gold or emerald nuggets to upgrade/craft your gear. I've got a recipe for a lovely blue-tier ring that requires 2 sapphires, but the only sapphires I've seen so far were sapphire fish. :/
Fish make excellent grinding fodder for ranged classes, by the way. Just lure them to the shore and blast them from the beach. As long as your pet is in the water hitting them, you'll be able to damage them despite being out of their reach.

Monsters can't really deform the terrain. They can scrape away the grass layer and smash through the spherical boulders littered all over the place, but that's it. You can destroy the same things with bombs.

One annoying thing about singleplayer is that you won't be able to find good spirit cubes. They're dropped by bosses, but you can't solo a boss creature at your own level without a lot of luck and a lot of patience. Lower level bosses will drop them, but if a cube's power level is too low, you can't snap it onto your weapons. Would be nice if they could be combined and upgraded.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2013, 03:28:58 pm »

Fish make excellent grinding fodder for ranged classes, by the way. Just lure them to the shore and blast them from the beach. As long as your pet is in the water hitting them, you'll be able to damage them despite being out of their reach.

Fish swim so slow you can generally kill them before they get to you if using ranged weapons.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2013, 04:55:45 pm »

I was going to try this but it seems their shop is on maintenance, I've heard cubeworld already got enough testers they closed access to new accounts. Seems silly they would stop people from buying it for that reason though.

Forum posting seems to be disabled too due to the same maintenance.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2013, 04:57:46 pm »

« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:00:33 pm by BigD145 »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2013, 05:27:14 pm »

Someone in the Minecraft crowd would not surprise me at all. Might have been waiting for this, considering how fast it happened. Conjecture!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2013, 07:22:33 pm »

So annoying, Friends FINALLY get their Accounts, Shop goes down due to DoS attack... T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2013, 07:24:39 pm »

So annoying, Friends FINALLY get their Accounts, Shop goes down due to DoS attack... T_T

It is why I didn't get mine until 5am after waiting. actually I probably could even tell you the exact time... 6AM

As soon as it was available I rushed. It never says open for more then a hour.

And apparently my #1 reason for getting this game fell through... Now I am sad. Ohhh well...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:33:19 pm by Neonivek »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2013, 07:48:49 pm »

Wow, undead are incredibly hard for a brand new player, lol.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2013, 08:04:08 pm »

Wow, undead are incredibly hard for a brand new player, lol.

Well only the skeletons and only Wizard NPCs.

Zombies and ghosts are incredibly easy.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2013, 08:48:06 pm »

For me, any of the undead in packs are hard since I am brand new and rocking the starting sword and shield for a warrior.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2013, 08:52:41 pm »

For me, any of the undead in packs are hard since I am brand new and rocking the starting sword and shield for a warrior.

Ohh yeah that is right... I picked a combination that makes undead packs laughable (except skeletons... Why are they so much harder?).

The trick is that you have to do the power attacks. It will hit a group of them and for Zombies and Ghosts is a large part of their health points.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2013, 08:59:03 pm »

Well, I won't impulse buy. Which tends to happen when I get money ;P My dad does that too. Its why we got rid of all our credit cards except one, and the rest are debit cards lol.

But I watched quite a few videos of this and I like the way it looks...even if its a bit grindy (I played Terraria :P). Personally, it does sorta look like a singleplayer MMO if you don't do multiplayer...which is perfect for me. Outside a few games (like Starmade and DayZ) I personally prefer singleplayer. But, there is a singleplayer series of this someone is doing and not everyone plays multiplayer from reading the forums.

Honestly though, out of all the games on my wishlist on steam...I think I'd get the most fun (or at least in the long run) with Cube World.

My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2013, 09:24:12 pm »

I think they made squirrels too hardcore.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19