Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Space Whaling Adventure RTD - CQB: Cetacean Qabab Barrage  (Read 15076 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Whaling Adventure RTD - Stay Frosty
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2013, 07:57:30 am »

Lime hears the commotion and rushes over to the frozen Dr. Bruce, donning his combat suit just in case. He drags him back inside and bisects him tries to remove the ice from his body.
((That's totally a tech roll right?  :P))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2013, 08:04:51 am »

((That's any number of rolls, and you've got 1s for strength and agility. :P (on that note, you really should probably have gone for a power suit)

You're actually free to experiment. There is other stuff on the ship that your skills can be used for. I don't want to tell you what to do though, that's just no fun for either of us. ;) ))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2013, 08:42:25 am »

Well this went well, fucking whale, I will get it's meat!
Burst out of ice with nothing but my own manly Rage!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2013, 08:45:28 am »

Keep firing
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2013, 11:37:43 am »

Brace myself and prepare to wang my harpoon at the damn whale again.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2013, 03:48:30 pm »

"Ha! Um, oops." Scoot tried his best to seem repentant, but in truth his face bore a broad grin from all the excitement.
"Fasten yer seatbelts an' all that, kids! We ain't about ta let 'em get away!"
His grin widened as he tipped the controls fowards...

>Nudge the ship further into a dive after the whale! Don't allow it to escape!

>...Still, don't go crashing the ship into the ground or anything. I mean, try not to, at least. Although squishing the whale with the hull would be kinda badass... Try and keep the ship in one piece, whatever happens. Preferably someone will shoot the damn thing so I don't have to hit-'n'-run it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2013, 07:35:33 am »

Well this went well, fucking whale, I will get it's meat!
Burst out of ice with nothing but my own manly Rage!
Str:3

You struggle, but the ammonia ice and the frozen-solid suit material hold you tight. The frozen inner surface of the suit burns your skin, your visor is opaque, you've lost communications, and you can't tell whether the hissing you're hearing is your suit's struggling life support system, or the sound of your oxygen supply escaping into the thin unbreathable atmosphere outside. Everything's just dandy.

Lime hears the commotion and rushes over to the frozen Dr. Bruce, donning his combat suit just in case. He drags him back inside and bisects him tries to remove the ice from his body.
((That's totally a tech roll right?  :P))
You stick your head into your helmet and climb out through the narrow emergency airlock of the comms section to get at Bruce. He... doesn't look too bad, for someone almost frozen solid, but your feeble little arms are insufficient to haul his crystallized hindquarters all the way to the airlock, especially not when the ship's in the middle of playing cat-and-mouse with a frost-breathing acrobatic whale.

"Ha! Um, oops." Scoot tried his best to seem repentant, but in truth his face bore a broad grin from all the excitement.
"Fasten yer seatbelts an' all that, kids! We ain't about ta let 'em get away!"
His grin widened as he tipped the controls fowards...

>Nudge the ship further into a dive after the whale! Don't allow it to escape!

>...Still, don't go crashing the ship into the ground or anything. I mean, try not to, at least. Although squishing the whale with the hull would be kinda badass... Try and keep the ship in one piece, whatever happens. Preferably someone will shoot the damn thing so I don't have to hit-'n'-run it.
Piloting: 6
Propulsion: 6

You carefully adjust the thrust and lift so that the ship gently tips downward and accelerates after the escaping monster. For a moment it seems like you'll get him, but the whale suddenly dives into a strong opposing current and whisks in the other direction, forcing you to carefully - minding the crew on the deck this time - turn around and give chase. The monster almost gets away from you, but you manage to keep it at least somewhere on the edge of what you think would be considered "long range".

"Hell yeah! Here we go..." Jak says, after muttering about scoot, scoot's mother, and something about procreation.

Steady, aim, fire at that freak of space. I refuse to miss this time.
You steady and aim, but short of cutting the cable off the harpoon you'll never be able to hit the thing at this range. And even if you do hit then you won't be able to reel it in, and will also have to go get another harpoon from the hold to reload the turret.

Brace myself and prepare to wang my harpoon at the damn whale again.
You're in a similar predicament to Jak, in that your pitiful projectile weapon is woefully unsuitable for attacking things nearly a mile off in the distance.

Keep firing
Weap:4

You swivel the turret around, shaking off bits of snow, and let loose a continuous stream of laser blasts after the disappearing shadow of the whale in the distance. You can't even tell whether or not you hit him at this range, but the monster seems to be experiencing some steering problems, because it suddenly started weaving left and right, almost dropping out of the high-speed current carrying it. Maybe it just got dizzy?

Control AI:8

The ship's two standard-issue Jackbot-5s climb out of what you assume to be storage and head outside, one approaching Bruce and Lime on the Comms section, and the other striding out onto the fore deck. The electronic voice of your ship's AI sounds across the ship and your helmet radios: "This automated control unit has determined that its owners require immediate assistance."

Jackbot One Str:3
Jackbot Two Str:5
Yirkut Str:2

The first Jackbot heaves, and, with a loud crrack, lifts the frozen form of Dr.Bruce off the deck, the suit's air supply escaping everywhere through the holes where bits of it remained attached to the floor. It begins dragging the good doctor towards the airlock, but seems to have some problems shoving him through the narrow airlock.

The second Jackbot walks up to Colonel Yirkut and, before the Colonel can so much as wave a hand at it, unceremoniously yanks his favorite Colt comp-laser gun out of the holster, aiming it in the general direction of the whale, though holding off on firing until the thing is actually in range.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2013, 08:34:40 am »

Feel The heat!
DESTROY THE ICE, I WILL TEACH IT TO MESS WITH ME!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2013, 09:10:54 am »

”Euh… SOUND THE ALARM! BOARDE- oh, wait, hello! I say. Here, have this instead. Thanks though, awfully kind of you. Wait until you see the… whites? Of his… tentacles? Damn it, just stab the bloody thing – watch and learn, my boy, watch and- oh, crikey, is that Bruce clogging up the airlock? Blockage ahoy! Here, I think you've ruined a perfectly good suit there... Let me give you a good stamp!”

Try and get the jackbot to give my gun back – he can have my least good harpoon if he wants: it has little to no sentimental value. Then, if we close with the whale, harpoon the damn thing. If we don’t close with the whale, aid the jackbot trying to shove Bruce through the airlock, using stomping if necessary.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2013, 09:19:51 am »

Head for med bay to prep for Dr.Bruce's thawing.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2013, 11:26:28 am »

Hearing the "Crack" of something frozen getting moved, Jak looks at the deck. "Oh, Jesus!" He says, as he jumps out of his chair, before sitting back down, looking at how the situation's being handled. "This whale's going down."

Wait until we're in range then fire again at the bastard.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:25:59 pm by Pufferfish »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2013, 02:18:53 am »

Waiting on our good pilot to do something reckless post his action.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2013, 03:06:19 am »

"Hmm... I have an idea."
Lime calls the jackbot struggling with Bruce to him, and tries to reprogram it to cut people out of ice.

((How about this?))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2013, 03:08:01 am »

((Sure, you can try that. Trying to mess with robots is right up your alley. ^_^))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:12:34 am by Sean Mirrsen »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2013, 02:17:34 pm »

((Oh hell I am so sorry! :-X I thought I had posted days ago. Thanks la.))

"Shit on a stick!" Scoot's eyes were locked on the monitor and his hand was locked in a white-knuckle grip around the control stick as he forced the ship as fast as he could get it to go. "Thing's bloody fast!"
At least it seem to be a bit off-balance, now. It was probably time to press the advantage...
"I'll show you pressin' a bloody advantage," Scoot growled at his inner voice before taking a two-handed grip on the control stick.

>Keep the ship going as straight as possible for speed!

>The whale is flying somewhat unsteadily now, so rather than jinking left and right to follow each of its erratic turns, just keep following its overall heading, keeping it within weapons range but avoiding unnecessary turns that would slow us down.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8