Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shadowrun: The Renraku Arcology  (Read 8133 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun: The Renraku Arcology
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 12:21:20 pm »

I think I'd definitely be interested in doing on a weekly basis or some such. I'd have to see how well I'd be able to fit it in though.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 12:28:55 pm »

Weekly sounds good.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 02:44:36 pm »

So are we using 3rd edition or 4th or what (not that I've ever really played any shadowrun)?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 04:40:59 pm »

This sounds fascinating.  I would definitely be interested in signing on for one of the runner teams.  Chiming in with the others, is there a particular edition we're looking at?  I'll also have to reread the C.L.U.E. file archives; I never actually got to play a Shadowrun game, after all.  ^_^

Bikari

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 07:54:26 pm »

Edition wise, I'm probably looking at 'by popular demand' because Shadowrun was written with the internet and such in mind back when things like wireless communication was unthinkable ( But retractable razors in the elbows were D: )

Though Second Edition was written for the period of Renraku, 4th edition was written in mind with current scientific advancement ( Deckers I believe, can now connect to certain devices remotely with certain cyberware upgrades. ) it's also common consensus that mechanically, 4th edition is superior in many ways to it's predecessors and has been significantly cleaned up in it's ruleset. Conversion isn't so much impossible as it is lengthy.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 09:06:18 pm »

Likely play the game through a third party in order to ease play as much as possible,
times will vary on the groups. At the moment this is in order to flesh out the game, rules, etc.

Ok. Then, I'll sign up as interested, pending more details be decided on. Probably don't want me to GM, since the last time I played Shadowrun it was called "Shadowrun" not "Shadowrun, nth edition." Would probably want to play a support rigger.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 09:10:05 pm »

Color me intrigued, although I'm not personally familiar with Shadowrun lore I think I can learn rather quickly. 
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 09:58:49 pm »

Hell, I might sign up if there are spots open, but I'm new to Shadowrun.
Pages: 1 [2]