Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]

Author Topic: Pathfinder (Dungeons and dragons) Neonivek is your DM! (ENDED)  (Read 17045 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and dragons) Neonivek is your DM!
« Reply #240 on: March 10, 2013, 10:13:31 pm »

Interestingly enough due to a Wagon Malfuction your character fell down a 20 foot pit, so you will have to be told what exactly happened to you Paul.

Lorgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 11, 2013, 09:25:04 pm »

Comrade Neonivek, is there any chance you could update the first post with the current players and such-like please?

Aaaalso, I believe you mentioned something about putting some setting/campaign details up somewhere. Where will you be putting them, here or the roll20 place?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 12, 2013, 01:06:17 am »

The details are in this thread but I am putting some in Rolld20 but I havn't finished the write up and my current work load has me hectic.

Also sure, I'll edit the players who are still in the game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 01:07:48 am by Neonivek »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 13, 2013, 07:44:26 pm »

Remember, it's what we do for fun

This is sort of what made me decide to do what I am about to do. It perfectly encapsulates the problem with this game.

Overall the one thing I would love to do is continue the game and indeed I had fun planning and running the game and I am sure at times you have as well. Yet I think after two sessions I have a feeling that what was expected of me was that I wanted to bring to the game was my own malicious enjoyment and not any sort of enjoyment I could bring to my players.

Suffice it to say, the players arn't having fun. They feel victimised, confused, and tools for my pleasure rather then triumphant, intergrated, and enjoying themselves.

While I appologise deeply to the players who have no issue with how the game is currently being run, I do not believe that things would improve ten, twenty, or thirty games down the line and I do not want to waste five hours of your week on something that is going to be unfruitful.

I am not going to make anymore excuses. I can't do it, I cannot provide you with the game you need. So I hope you find another one.

Thank you for all your hard work.

---

I will later post the complete plotline for those interested. I had not completed the Player plotlines yet (player centric plots) so those won't be included.

Once I do, I will lock the topic.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:49:56 pm by Neonivek »

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and dragons) Neonivek is your DM! (ENDED)
« Reply #244 on: March 13, 2013, 07:50:29 pm »

I was really having fun though, I know I'm not likely to change your mind on this but I would ask you to please reconsider
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:55:10 pm by Kansa »
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Lorgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2013, 07:55:56 pm »

I was really having fun though, I know I'm not likely to change your mind on this but I would ask you to please reconsider

You're not the only one Kansa! I too was thoroughly enjoying myself. I'd love to see more of the world we've all created and have more adventures in it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2013, 08:15:26 pm »

I enjoyed it as well and I miss it already even though it has only been an hour.

---

Plot:

Plotline 1: The Continent of Nyssys was on the verge of collapse as Grotten continued vying for total control as their own population and resources were dwindling.

Plotline 2: The New Emperor is in fact part of the original Emperor bloodline having been birthed by two half-elves. This bloodline containing so much power that he is the master of every weapon Grotten has ever had (this would include a sword but not a gun).

Plotline 3: The god of magic is in fact the protector of the world which turns out to be the planet closest to the sun in their solar system. It was the weakening of the god of magic that caused the disasters as the direct rays of the sun blasted the old kingdom.

Plotline 4: The Grand High Mage of the Old kingdom is still alive having transported himself into the prison demiplane and reconstructing it into a magic school to continue feeding off the magic of its students. In fact the elves of the first kingdom are still alive but gone mad from constant torture.

Plotline 5: The Deep underground is a chaotic place featuring horrific creatures being the closest to the dark heart of the world. Dwarves were the one race not tainted by this corruption and escaped. The ancient dwarves who had not escaped in fact still live there and have protected the surface for centuries.

Plotline 6: The Orient is paying attention to the politics on the main land and are considering conquest, but are unsure if it is profitable. They plan on giving East March superior technology in order to exhaust themselves on Grotten and weaken the continent further.

Plotline 7: The ruins to the west are still functional and protected by demons. This threat means that there is a serious risk of another disaster. The Demons protecting it not being malicious but in fact protectors.

Plotline 8: Demons are not in fact evil but alien protectors, however they are slowly going mad. They appeared in East March because they could be sustained without harm there. Unlike the hostile west, the militaristic grotten, and the unliveable undergorund.

Plotline 9: The curse mark Elves have  wasn’t a curse mark but a magically imposed tattoo to spy on them. It also connects all elves to a single device in the old capital.

Plotline 10: The High Generals of Grotten are all cutthroat and against each other. With the tactically inclined buy less physically fit ones being pitted against the mighty. This infighting is further hurting Grotten’s military campaign and can be exploited to stop grotten’s war machine. This is expanded upon by how these possitions are earned.

From here you can imagine that there really wasn't any true villains except the school master.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]