Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Pathfinder (Dungeons and dragons) Neonivek is your DM! (ENDED)  (Read 16686 times)

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder (Dungeons and dragons) Neonivek is your DM!
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2013, 11:18:01 pm »

I think this is going to be a sick group of companions.

EDIT: Besides who wants to play for strick combat utility? If I wanted that I'd play Warhammer, where every unit type is merely a type and every unit has its purpose.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 11:22:33 pm by GMichelIV »
...And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 21, 2013, 12:00:54 am »

Times like this I wish I had hex paper.

I do want to map out the world to some extent, at least the known world.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2013, 12:04:50 am »

Do you want help acquiring suitable hex template PDfs etc?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2013, 12:05:45 am »

www.lmgtfy.com/?q=hex+paper

roll20.net also allows Hex maps instead of Square.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2013, 12:59:08 am »

Well I think that is everyone. I thought more people would join but I guess their times don't coincide.

I'll start putting the information together.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 21, 2013, 01:07:04 am »

Awesome!!!! Do it!

EDIT: Sorry...drunk on rye again.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 21, 2013, 01:08:34 am »

Ohh Mich Rye the Dungeon Guy... *head shake*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2013, 09:19:27 pm »

To speed things along I will say the creation rules. I am still putting things together (with a helping spoonful of procrastination) but I don't want people waiting too long.

-Level 1
-Classes: There are no class restrictions
-Races: All standard races: Goblins, Kobolds, Drow (Ignore allignment rules).
-Starting Gold: 100gp

Dieties:
-Nethys: Magic, Knowledge, Destruction
-Minor Dieties: Any domain except magic. Nethys has no competition. You may invent your own diety as there are as many as there are stars in the sky.

Important notes:
-The world is split into a surface and underground areas, both of equal size. While the surface world is mostly civilised with pockets of instability blocked off by powerful military regimes the underground world is mostly unknown with no one kingdom really knowing too much about the other with a lot of chaos.
-Humans are the overwhelming majority (99%) of the land surface and consider themselves supperior at best and have genocidal rage at worst. Keep that in mind when chosing your race.
-Dwarves, Goblins, Kobolds, Half-elves (the vast majority who are half-drow), and Drow make up the rest.
-While there is a coast the continent is covered in steep rocky cliffs. There are only two major ports in the entire continent so sea travel is difficult at best.
-The only other known continent is known as the "Orient" but due to a lack of trading routes and ports very few ships dock.
-Magic is rare outside of specific city centers of the world, who specifically employ them. As well the use of magic is strictly forbidden in many parts of the world as well.
-Elves only exist as a rare birth between two Half-elves and do not have their own culture.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:09:27 pm by Neonivek »

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2013, 09:29:26 pm »

The only other known continent is known as the "Orient" but due to a lack of trading routes and ports very few ships dock.

Is it known if human(oids) live there, and what if anything is known about them?

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2013, 09:39:24 pm »

Also, I cannot decide and would appreciate thoughts - fighting rogue or roguish fighter?

Neonivek, where would you like the character sheets sent/posted?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2013, 09:42:10 pm »

*Puts on her Dwarf Hat and prepares to descend.*

Interesting ploy with the lack of true elves...  The forbidance of magic will make certain areas tricky, diplomacy may be required.  And by "Diplomacy" I mean "Axes" of course.  I just hope this doesn't make spell acquisition difficult, as we have 3 casters with spellbooks, and need to be able to add new spells, granted we ARE getting like 6 per level, so we're decently equipped to spam out level-gain spells too.

It sounds like Acrobatics and Climb will be more useful than Profession (Sailor), especially if there's a large under-world then there's all SORTS of potential for bottomless cracks and sheer cave walls.

Exactly -how- rocky are areas?  Packed rock, goat-country, wagon-prohibitive, 'better try and saddle a giant goat', or 'the only way to get anywhere is ropes and hooks'?  In other words, should I worry about bringing a wagon or is the terrain too difficult?

NINJA: Michel - rogue, more than likely.  The Magus will provide plenty of melee superiority.

GMichelIV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2013, 09:52:24 pm »

I have a pretty unique cad build going. But I also have a good rogue built. Both can fight and do rogue things. In my mind they are two sides of the same coin, it just depends what aspect of the character (in the RP sense)  I want to emphasize.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2013, 09:55:15 pm »

Specifically the continent is surrounded by steep cliffs that makes access to the sea nearly impossible.

Spells are available, in fact there is a major magic school and a god of magic, but you won't be able to go just anywhere and get your hands on magic. Meaning that trips to major cities and capitals are required. There is just one section of the world where magic is not only banned but where using it is incredibly dangerous.

Also while there are a lot of rocky areas, roads to just about every destination in the world exists.

You can email/PM me your sheet, (I need to send a few more people my email but I cannot remember who I didn't send it to) I have no issue with it in writing.

Which come to think of it I should make a pantheon. Yet the game seems to already imply that this is a monothiestic world.

The only Diety is Nythis
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:01:22 pm by Neonivek »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2013, 09:58:28 pm »

TO THE DWARF MOBILE!

...what do you mean a wagon coated in metal doesn't count as a dwarf-mobile?

...well, maybe.  Needs more alchemical engines.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 21, 2013, 10:05:40 pm »

I'll need to look at the info I got extra hard to derive more dieties. As I doubt people want only one available.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17