Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Combat Update: Are you looking forward to it?

I'm not in this game but I like voting in the thread.
- 8 (36.4%)
Yes, especially since Nerjin hasn't gotten my character in the world yet...
- 2 (9.1%)
Yes, can't wait to lay down the smackdown.
- 4 (18.2%)
No, I liked the story driven fights more.
- 1 (4.5%)
No, I don't care for it.
- 0 (0%)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay with whatever.
- 7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Continent of Centria: A Multi-player Fantasy RPG: The Combat Update  (Read 34979 times)

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
  • And again everything goes wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Continent of Centria: A Multi-player Fantasy RPG: The Combat Update
« Reply #345 on: May 02, 2013, 12:32:34 am »

I think of mana as ones inner energies being used in a controlled way, whether this is through spells or skills. Using mana for skill/feat abilities makes alot of sense.

Melee example: Uses 2 mana, shield bash followed quickly by a hit from your weapon. (think swinging your shield at the head then bringing your other arm in to hit)

Ranged example: Uses 1 mana, Bounce an arrow off a wall to hit a target around an object. (think if your on a spiral staircase in a tower)

Wow 2 whole mana for the center of sword and shield fighting if you're not bashing someone's face in with your shield and then stabbing them you're doing something wrong p.s if you couldn't tell I'm anal about these things :P
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 02, 2013, 12:35:18 am »

I think of mana as ones inner energies being used in a controlled way, whether this is through spells or skills. Using mana for skill/feat abilities makes alot of sense.

Melee example: Uses 2 mana, shield bash followed quickly by a hit from your weapon. (think swinging your shield at the head then bringing your other arm in to hit)

Ranged example: Uses 1 mana, Bounce an arrow off a wall to hit a target around an object. (think if your on a spiral staircase in a tower)

Wow 2 whole mana for the center of sword and shield fighting if you're not bashing someone's face in with your shield and then stabbing them you're doing something wrong p.s if you couldn't tell I'm anal about these things :P

Besides, as it stands shield act as an extra layer of armor. No blocking... I'd add that but I feel it doesn't really make much difference and is easier to just do a single calculation than have to go "Okay so this person has a shield so they get a 30% chance to block instead of 5% and block all damage"
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 02, 2013, 12:43:27 am »

It helps that in real battle most fights were three - four blow exchanges and after you blocked your arm was liable to be broken or dislocated so yes it is just another layer of armor.
I (somehow) wield a marble coffin that i fill with the corpses of all I have slain (to make an already heavy object even heavier) in one hand, and the other holds a book made out out of fucking platinum. The book can crush skulls, and the coffin grows ever stronger and now that is has a few dead dragons in it, it sends people flying a mile backwards to explode in a pile of gore. Gore which I then place into the coffin,

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 02, 2013, 12:45:47 am »

It helps that in real battle most fights were three - four blow exchanges and after you blocked your arm was liable to be broken or dislocated so yes it is just another layer of armor.

I knew that cause I did research. [Totally... not really...]

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 02, 2013, 12:48:26 am »

lol don't worry most of my knowledge comes simply from being a pretty large nerd about a lot of random stuff

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 02, 2013, 12:49:35 am »

lol don't worry most of my knowledge comes simply from being a pretty large nerd about a lot of random stuff

Do not question my knowledge mortal lest ye find that... uh... Nothing really happens because rules are rules... So yeah... Take that.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 02, 2013, 12:51:40 am »

I thought that most fights were bar-brawls and domestic disputes...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 02, 2013, 12:52:56 am »

And LARPing. It happened even in ye olde days.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 02, 2013, 12:54:27 am »

Note my use of the word "were" .... is it wrong that I enjoy being a smarmy bastard?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 02, 2013, 01:01:48 am »

And sporting-related brawls, I forgot those.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 02, 2013, 01:03:35 am »

And war re-enactments that get a little out of hand... Card games... Etc.

zacen299

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 02, 2013, 01:11:30 am »

Don't forget the die-hard chess fanatics.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 02, 2013, 02:26:42 am »

Don't forget the die-hard chess fanatics.
Yeeek, those things are scary, don't give the G.M. ideas!
Read the First Post!

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 02, 2013, 02:57:45 pm »

So very close to getting the update done and finished. Before i finalize anything [which should take until bout tomorrow Sorry for the wait] are there any requests for things you'd like to see? I may not be able to outright add the requests but they should be a bit helpful in the long run to have set up.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 02, 2013, 03:51:09 pm »

I want to see me, in the game, dont forget about me!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30