Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: FOR DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS  (Read 50464 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
Re: AH THINK WE SHUD ALL MAKE DAHRNOSAUHRS
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 08:15:48 am »

Okay, been working on some more by looking at an elephant. I multiplied everything in BODY_SIZE by 24, gave it larger herds than elephants, multiplied every height by 4, length by 6, and width by 3. Age, I decided, would be from 100 to 150. I changed the 'kick' verb to 'crush'. I cut the HOMEOTHERM by a quarter and made it nocturnal, and it only lives in tropical scrub. I changed the 'Grey skin' thing near the bottom to brown.

The main things I need help with are the Grazer, Child, Creature Tile and Colour. I still need to learn how to play before I start testing out a great big lethal dinosaur, so if someone could finish those bits and/or tell me how to do it, then test it, I'd love that.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, are modded creatures able to become undead? Because a herd of undead Puertasaurus... That would suck.

And for my next creature, I'm probably gonna see if I can make a Compsognathus. I could probably base it on a fox, with two arms instead of two front legs.
Actually, cats can scratch. PET COMPIES FOR ALL. NUCLEAR COMPYSPLOSION.

I'mma go look for an egg-laying tag on a crocodile or something. And the compies can be humanoid (not sure if 'bipedal', if it exists, would give them arms).

QUICK FIXES: PUERTASAUR HAS A NOSE NOW. PUERTASAUR'S SIZE MULTIPLIERS ARE NORMAL NOW. PUERTASAUR NOW LAYS EGGS.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:04:12 am by Eotyrannus »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
!
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 01:18:02 pm »

Apologies for double post, but...

SAUR FORTRESS IS A-GO! GET READY FOR THE DINOSAURS!

It's probably gonna have domesticated dinosaurs before wild ones. Next, most likely, is a Protoceratops, a pig-like dinosaur!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: FOR DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 02:07:03 pm »

I approve of this project. I wondered many times why no up-to-date dinosaur mod existed.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 02:10:23 pm »

SWALLOW (eats a dwarf hole, presumably crushes them/suffocated them in the gullet) (might not be possible)
You mean 'whole', right? Spelling, along with grammar, can make all the difference context-wise. I mean, out of context, this can quickly become an x-rated mod.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 02:33:08 pm »

The main things I need help with are the Grazer, Child, Creature Tile and Colour. I still need to learn how to play before I start testing out a great big lethal dinosaur, so if someone could finish those bits and/or tell me how to do it, then test it, I'd love that.

Grazer determines how many tiles of pasture they need to keep alive.  1000 = 25 squares.  2000 = 12 tiles. 3000 = 9 tiles.  the product is always ~25000.  for the exact numbers wiki "pasture"

child is how old in years they are before become an adult

creature tile and colour, determine what they look like in the game in ASCII-like tilesets.  (i thought it was [COLOR] though)

it's all in the wiki
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Creature_token
maybe, not all the answers there will be perfectly clear if you're new to the game entirely, but it's a good place to start! good luck!

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 04:30:23 pm »

I approve of this project. I wondered many times why no up-to-date dinosaur mod existed.

I think a mod where the animals and monsters a real fierce in in melee and guns where the only way to suceed would be cool. A dinosaur mod with this and modern guns would be really fantastic. The problem is of course that the dwarf fortress way of aiming isnt exactly perfect. It doesnt account for the accuracy you can achieve with modern guns I guess.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 04:56:01 pm »

@Meph- Thanks for the approval! I'm hoping to get in as many things as possible, such as a furry, humped Spinosaurus, for one. Neovenator is DEFINITELY gonna be in, as it's my favourite dinosaur.

SWALLOW (eats a dwarf hole, presumably crushes them/suffocated them in the gullet) (might not be possible)
You mean 'whole', right? Spelling, along with grammar, can make all the difference context-wise. I mean, out of context, this can quickly become an x-rated mod.
TOTALLY GOT IT RIGHT FIRST TIME LOOK IT SAYS 'WHOLE' TOTALLY DIDN'T EDIT IT IN THE LAST FIVE SECONDS

@Smakemupagus: Thanks! I just put that into the Puertasaur file. Now I have to replace all the spaces with tabs... FFFF

@Findulas- So basically Primal Carnage or Dino D-Day in ASCII.

Okay, guys, quick question. Does LIKES_FIGHTING mean that it seeks out a fight, or that it won't back down?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 05:39:56 pm »

LIKES_FIGHTING means it gets happy about killing, NOFEAR makes them not back down.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 05:41:41 pm »

Ah, thanks.

Also, guys, can anyone figure out why these two aren't showing up in arena? I presume that they have to work there to work anywhere else.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 01:51:53 am »

Im not sure if quadraped is correct spelling in the body tag. Shouldnt it be quadruped? That is atleast what four footed means.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 03:59:46 am »

Ah, thanks. That's probably the problem. TIME FOR TESTING!
Just tried it, they still don't show up. I HAVE JUST HAD ANOTHER IDEA TIME TO TEST.
HEEERE WE GO. The reason they didn't show up was because I didn't add the creature_PUERTASAURUS thing at the top.
Okay. The Proto is working, but for reasons unknown, the Puertasaurus keeps evapourating.
I removed [BEGIGN], since that seems to be spelt wrong.
Puertasaurs are still melting.
Ah, fixed! I put the 'homeotherm' too high, when I wanted it to be below-average.

Also, how do you know how powerful an animal's attacks are? I wouldn't want a tyrannosaur's bite force to be the same as an elephant's kick.
I added a few extra attacks to the Puerta, if anyone didn't notice. Everything that is 'beating up opponent' is a kick with a bodypart.

How do I open combat logs? I wanna show you how a fight goes with these lot against their closest relatives.
Also founds that. It's in A.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 04:37:20 am by Eotyrannus »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 05:27:28 am »

PROTOCERATOPS AND PUERTASAURUS ARE READY AND UP!

I just made a fortress for the new additions, and Proto has already proved its worth by attacking and scaring off a leopard, with only a cut-open foot to prove it!
Actually, that might have just been a honey badger (considering there's a skeleton next to the cart). I'm not sure what injured the leopard so much, though.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 05:48:05 am by Eotyrannus »

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 06:46:58 am »

Also, how do you know how powerful an animal's attacks are? I wouldn't want a tyrannosaur's bite force to be the same as an elephant's kick.
I added a few extra attacks to the Puerta, if anyone didn't notice. Everything that is 'beating up opponent' is a kick with a bodypart.

You can decide which attacks the animals will prioritise with second and main tags. Ex: the proceratops might want to ram stuff with its head, added force with it of course and the puertasauros looks like something that wants to smack stuff with its tail.

The wiki has many tokens worth looking at, if you havent already.

Ex: might want to add a glowtile, that is what you see of the creature in adventure mode when its dark and its barely visible. Like the eyes of kobolds.

Or perhaps later on add dinosaurs with the CURIOUSBEAST tokens.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 07:33:07 am »

You can decide which attacks the animals will prioritise with second and main tags. Ex: the proceratops might want to ram stuff with its head, added force with it of course and the puertasauros looks like something that wants to smack stuff with its tail.

The wiki has many tokens worth looking at, if you havent already.

Ex: might want to add a glowtile, that is what you see of the creature in adventure mode when its dark and its barely visible. Like the eyes of kobolds.

Or perhaps later on add dinosaurs with the CURIOUSBEAST tokens.

Thanks for the help! I looked at a dragon to see how to make stuff stronger. Puertasaurus now has a level 10 kick (used for all of its attacks), fitting for something six times larger than a bronze colossus. It now also prefers to crush and tail-club instead of neck-swing and kick.
Protoceratops now has a level 3 kick, used for its headbutt.
Compsognathus now has a level 2 bite and prefers biting over clawing.

After a brief bit of Arena, I have proved that a Puertasaur can take out a Bronze Colossus (as it should be, for something a 6th of a Puertasaur's size), and that a Puertasaurus corpse (after being bruised by a Colossus and slain by another Puertasaur) gives:
1432 bone
1 tooth
2607 meat
1 skin
1 skull
129 brain (probably need to fix that, so it's only about 3 brain or something)
1 nervous tissue
128 kidney
64 spleen
64 sweetbread
129 tripe
129 liver
389 intestine
64 heart
258 lung
1 nose cartilage
6 eye meat
739 fat

How long, theoretically, could this sustain a fortress of 200 dwarfs with infinite booze (assuming no one has children or is a noble)?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 08:23:19 am by Eotyrannus »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 08:27:33 am »

Needs more tyrannosaurs in F14s.
Posting to watch for more cool dinosaurs for mah dorf games.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23