Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: FOR DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS  (Read 50473 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: FOR DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS
« Reply #315 on: December 14, 2014, 06:54:51 am »

Magma Hallucigenia? Magma Nectocarids? Sounds like the perfect mod to me.

Oh wait...
Does this mean that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 14, 2014, 07:59:11 am »

You mean amoebae as large as elephants with flesh-eating secretions ?

Hell may be unicellular only but that doesn't mean it cannot be fun.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 14, 2014, 12:04:44 pm »

Still, if it's just a bunch of variations on the theme of "blob with ... and ...", it's not going to be all that interesting. I don't doubt that Eotyrannus will manage to make it fun, though.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 14, 2014, 07:45:36 pm »

Magma Hallucigenia? Magma Nectocarids? Sounds like the perfect mod to me.

Oh wait...
Does this mean that

Maybe it's just an unconformity?. Or maybe Cave Level 5 is more or less outside geologic time. Which would make sense, given the layer of impenetrable rock separating the two.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 15, 2014, 03:05:24 am »

I must say, I would love to see cave 1and the surface full of Cenozoic fauna, cave 2 with mesozoic, 3 with Permian back into Devonian, and Cambrian in the magma sea of course, with plenty of intermingling (species aren't restricted to only one cavern layer unless you say so in the raws, just can't have species showing up in both the caverns and the surface world). No good reason to shove aside the rest of geologic history and all the crazy-cool things it has to offer for only the mesozoic.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 17, 2014, 04:31:57 pm »

I must say, I would love to see cave 1and the surface full of Cenozoic fauna, cave 2 with mesozoic, 3 with Permian back into Devonian, and Cambrian in the magma sea of course, with plenty of intermingling (species aren't restricted to only one cavern layer unless you say so in the raws, just can't have species showing up in both the caverns and the surface world). No good reason to shove aside the rest of geologic history and all the crazy-cool things it has to offer for only the mesozoic.
I must admit shamefacedly I forgot completely about the Cenozoic.

Does anyone know how cave flora interact with dwarven agriculture? It would be neat to be the first mountainhome to discover cycad domestication(by digging deeper and more greedily, natch). I might take a crack at this as a procrastiproject in a week or two. Make it a community paleobundle, sort of thing.

Scientific names or dwarven 'common names', is the thing. Do we want to run across Tyrannosaurs or King Lizards(Lizard Kings?) Sometimes the scientific names don't make a great deal of sense (glyptodon means 'carved tooth'), so we'd have to name the paleofauna something that hinted at it shape and size. Boulder armadillo? Armok's potbelly?

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 22, 2014, 07:43:53 am »

I would just use the scientific names myself, but I just realized: instead of adamantine, we could have compacted stromatolites! That way we'd have all of prehistory recorded in the z-levels.

Dragula

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 09, 2015, 09:02:44 am »

Bumping because best mod, and maybe more people want to join.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 09, 2015, 04:08:20 pm »

I was going to take a crack at it in a week or two, and that's still true. 6 months have elapsed but that affects nothing.  :-\

I'd love help, this is the best mod ever.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 10, 2015, 08:29:36 am »

I was going to take a crack at it in a week or two, and that's still true. 6 months have elapsed but that affects nothing.  :-\

I'd love help, this is the best mod ever.
Yes, six months isn't even a blink of an eye in geologic time...

Also, Eric Blank, [UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:0:x] should let things spawn above and below ground.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 11, 2015, 06:53:21 pm »

Yeah, I found that out at some point. Don't think I've actually seen them spawn in both, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zucchini

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-Purpose Vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 18, 2015, 02:10:21 pm »

YES.  I like this.
I want to take the ears off, but I can't.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 23, 2015, 08:43:29 pm »

Hey, Eric. I noticed in the raws that some of the dinos are wagon pullers, but all dinos are exotic. I think that makes it kinda redundant. Perhaps we could make it to where some are not exotics and others are?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 26, 2015, 12:26:48 am »

Sure. Exotic just varies difficulty of training them, after all.

In the future, I think toadys idea was to have civilizations properly adopt wild animals they successfully domesticate into their normal pet pool, maybe including exotic animals, so it may matter down the road, but certainly not right now.
I make Spellcrafts!

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 17, 2015, 07:29:25 pm »

Hrmn. Were the biggest creatures on this meant to be stupidly big? I looked, and some of the Sauropods breach a good 35 000 000 to 60 000 000 in size.

Dragons are around 25 000 000
Blue Whales are only 35 000 000

The other 'largest creature' I've seen in Masterwork DF, was Leviathan, at around 45 000 000. The mythical sea beast said to be among the grandest in size ever.

Is this bad maths, or is there mad dwarven science to it?

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23