Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

FOR DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS

<< < (2/68) > >>

Itnetlolor:
I was reading the title with a thick Scottish accent of sorts.

Anyways, say what you will about the recent discoveries, but I actually like the interpretations of the fluffy/feathery dinos. In some cases, they look a hell of alot cooler; plus, they can provide a good feather industry if you want one. Plus, the fauna of back then would be a whole lot more diverse in appearance.

Spoiler: CAUTION: Big images (click to show/hide)
My personal favorite image.

And surprisingly enough, they apparently tasted like chicken.

PhoenixEggz:

--- Quote from: Itnetlolor on February 20, 2013, 06:33:04 pm ---I was reading the title with a thick Scottish accent of sorts.

Anyways, say what you will about the recent discoveries, but I actually like the interpretations of the fluffy/feathery dinos. In some cases, they look a hell of alot cooler; plus, they can provide a good feather industry if you want one. Plus, the fauna of back then would be a whole lot more diverse in appearance.

--- End quote ---

'Recent disocoveries?' I'm a science whiz, at least i like to think so, humor me!

Itnetlolor:

--- Quote from: PhoenixEggz on February 20, 2013, 10:53:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: Itnetlolor on February 20, 2013, 06:33:04 pm ---I was reading the title with a thick Scottish accent of sorts.

--- End quote ---
'Recent disocoveries?' I'm a science whiz, at least i like to think so, humor me!

--- End quote ---
Okay, maybe a fault on my part. Sorta forgot exactly when this whole feather thing came across (as far as my memory goes when I read about it in the news was within the past 4-6 years), at least as a more mainstream acceptance. Could be older than that. So maybe "Recent" wasn't the best term to use. Innocent mistake. However, I still like how they look with the feathers, and considering climates and all that back then, dinosaurs with feathers actually sound most sensible and plausible, rather than a world of bald lizards.

PhoenixEggz:

--- Quote from: Itnetlolor on February 20, 2013, 11:14:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: PhoenixEggz on February 20, 2013, 10:53:16 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Okay, maybe a fault on my part. Sorta forgot exactly when this whole feather thing came across (as far as my memory goes when I read about it in the news was within the past 4-6 years), at least as a more mainstream acceptance. Could be older than that. So maybe "Recent" wasn't the best term to use. Innocent mistake. However, I still like how they look with the feathers, and considering climates and all that back then, dinosaurs with feathers actually sound most sensible and plausible, rather than a world of bald lizards.

--- End quote ---

It does sound more realistic. What is the discovery you're talking about exactly, though? That dinosaurs never had feathers or -always- did?

Jordan~:
That they always did - older depictions display them featherless. Fossil evidence, much of it from China, very clearly shows preserved feathers on certain species. The genetic link to birds is by now very firmly established and it's generally considered likely in the palaeontological community that many of the more 'famous' dinosaurs, the ones we're used to seeing depicted as reptilian in appearance, were feathered and much more bird-like than we imagined.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version