Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 164693 times)

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - New version imminent! (3.16 Beta, February 2013)
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 01:53:21 pm »

Some interesting changes.

And there won't be Njerk war camps in the west and north now, only in the east.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - New version out! (3.16 Beta, 21st Feb 2013)
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 02:19:50 pm »

Woohoo! I had a feeling it would be today. :D I can't wait to dive back in to this, it's been a long time since I played. I need to dig up a few moneys for a donation, too.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - New version out! (3.16 Beta, 21st Feb 2013)
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 05:16:13 pm »

You should change the title of this thread to something that emphasizes that it's free now. This game deserves to me more well known

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16 Beta, 21st Feb 2013)
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 07:35:45 pm »

^ Done. Also, anyone else seen the new donation "reward" video yet? I had some trouble and had to email Sami for a direct link, but I'm glad I did. That was entertaining. :)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 07:39:32 pm »

PTW. If I had a dollar for every awesome-looking indie game I'd love to support but couldn't...well, I'd be able to support quite a few of them.

Thankfully, this one is now free. Maybe someday I'll be able to donate :)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 07:43:20 pm »

I was going to do so many things today, but now I'm going to be playing URW. Thanks.

I'll try out the new version and then throw the developer a donation next pay. Worth every penny I'd say, plus I've got some Finnish blood in me, so it's virtually my hereditary duty.

It's a strangely engrossing, savage and wonderful game. No other game brings the sort of joy that URW can bring to a player when you manage to kill a squirrel with a rock just a day from total starvation.

Even watching Let's Plays on youtube is fascinating. If you haven't tried the game yet, I recommend you watch one. Even if only for the ritual Finnish, the falls from trees and the pain of finding out that no-one in fact sells fishing nets where you are.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 07:59:19 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 08:15:09 pm »

Killed 2 bears, many, many raindeers.
After getting bitten by an wolf, my guy was in a pretty bad shape.
He was eventually ambushed by a Njerk warrior, and kicked the bucket after getting bashed in the head with a fine club multiple times.

The new version is so amazing.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 08:52:40 pm »

Killed 2 bears, many, many raindeers.
After getting bitten by an wolf, my guy was in a pretty bad shape.
He was eventually ambushed by a Njerk warrior, and kicked the bucket after getting bashed in the head with a fine club multiple times.

The new version is so amazing.

I imagine wolves are pretty nasty in the new version since they're supposed to hunt as a pack.

Fortunately I've not run into any.

^ Done. Also, anyone else seen the new donation "reward" video yet? I had some trouble and had to email Sami for a direct link, but I'm glad I did. That was entertaining. :)

I watched it,  was interesting to say the least. Took forever to download as it was only going around 2Kb/s, though.

Some interesting changes.

And there won't be Njerk war camps in the west and north now, only in the east.

That was one of my main peeves with the older versions, Njerpez camps popping up everywhere. Glad it's more reasonable now.

Edit: Managed to get a dog. Was cleaning a skin when it started barking in alarm so I nocked an arrow, walked around a bit and found a lynx right outside my camp. Awesome.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 10:01:47 pm by Jehdin »

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 09:27:48 pm »

Woo, time to die repeatedly in the wilderness.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2013, 12:50:05 am »

If I might ask, why has URW gone free?

According to the UrW Donation FAQ:

Quote from: Donation FAQ
Q: Why, oh why, you do this?
A: Foremostly to keep up hasty release pace. Massive AI, end-game and graphics improvements are underway and I'd like to keep releasing new versions whenever substantial new features are up and running. Shortly: less licensing, more development

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2013, 12:57:06 am »

I haven't played this in years, mainly due to the price. I'm glad that they're offering it like this.

Now, to see if I still got it*

*it being the ability to starve to death, over and over.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2013, 12:51:49 pm »

Just downloaded this. I started as a seal-tribesman, found a lone adventurer and killed him for his shoes. I hope fur footwear is still as valuable as in the old versions.

I also managed to kill a reindeer with nothing more than a javelin and a light spear, breaking my record for the earliest and most lightly equipped hunt. Hunting sure is easier than 3.15.
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2013, 12:57:19 pm »

I might be blind, but i can't find any way to feed a fire. Tied [p]ushing branches onto it but that killed it.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 01:01:24 pm »

Did I read this right?  Animals can come in and eat from your garden, or feast on meat?  Trap making just became a whole lot more interesting.  Time to multi-layer my traps!  First layer - plant some bushes.  Second layer - trap pits to catch deer that come to eat the bushes.  Third layer - more trap pits, to catch the bears that come to eat the deer!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 01:08:32 pm »

Did I read this right?  Animals can come in and eat from your garden, or feast on meat?  Trap making just became a whole lot more interesting.  Time to multi-layer my traps!  First layer - plant some bushes.  Second layer - trap pits to catch deer that come to eat the bushes.  Third layer - more trap pits, to catch the bears that come to eat the deer!

But then the deer would just get caught in the third layer and the second layer would sit undisturbed.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 76