Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 166711 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16 Beta, 21st Feb 2013)
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2013, 04:20:13 pm »

Posting to follow.

I'm poor and only bought a single version license way back when 3.11c was new. Now that it's freeware, I'll probably play a bit more regularly.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2013, 04:55:54 pm »

ptw

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2013, 05:04:42 pm »

watching to post.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Minstrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2013, 05:52:28 pm »

Nightcaps to tow.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2013, 08:44:43 pm »

I'm really enjoying the new animal AI mechanics. I started in Spring, though, so it'll be a long time before I can start planting my own gardens and surrounding them with nasty traps.

I noticed there's still some buggy behaviour with bears- the first one I encountered, all I had was a crappy Juniper bow, a few arrows, and my starting spear. I managed to sneak right up to it, somehow, and start poking it in the chest, and it wouldn't attack me. Each combat turn, it would "rush at me", and then flee, but do neither of those things- effectively it just stood there motionless while I perforated it into a bear-shaped sieve.

(The next bear I encountered didn't do the same thing, though... it took 4 days for my character to be able to stand up again after that little adventure.)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2013, 08:54:31 pm »

Didn't noticed it went freeware, i hope the dev will get some nice donations for his new move with this title. Will have to see if i can survive better in this new version :)

bQt31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2013, 09:58:14 pm »

Totally forgot about that game, I played it like 7 years ago or smthg. I remember I had a lot of fun with it. Gonna try it again

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2013, 10:25:31 pm »

Survival is tough, but the game offers several different starting scenarios, from easy to downright sadistic.

You telling me starting hurt, helpless and alone in the winter is sadistic? Okay, well maybe a little...
"Loading"
"You wake up"
"You died of bloodloss"

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2013, 10:39:49 pm »

It's even better when you wake up and chop your recently deceased father into pieces so you can cook his flesh and eat it

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2013, 11:44:20 pm »

I'm having a bit of a stone shortage, and I know I've seen a mod floating around somewhere that can break down boulders into stones. Can't seem to find it though.

Anyone know the post I'm referring to, and could point me towards it?

Found it: http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=3001

But it just crashes my game... hrm.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:17:40 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2013, 07:49:36 am »

After a lot of chat in here (or there) about how effective fishing can be, I rolled up a seal tribe sub-five-foot lightweight female fishing MASTER (90%) and started her off the gates with the fisherman scenario.

See, I've always pretty much gone Kaumo for whatever reason (bulk and strength, I suspect), and never really had any significant fishing skill, and therefore limited success.

Two nets straight away, 24 lbs worth of Burbot and Lavaret, in the first lake I found (plus some little snacking fishies). Ha!

So I can't imagine I'll be struggling for food ... Although I'll need to fell at least one reasonable sized beastie to get some fur for some cords. Hopefully my small frame, spear skill and stealth mastery can get me there ...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2013, 07:57:10 am »

ptw

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2013, 08:03:49 am »

So I can't imagine I'll be struggling for food ... Although I'll need to fell at least one reasonable sized beastie to get some fur for some cords. Hopefully my small frame, spear skill and stealth mastery can get me there ...
Considering that you basically got infinite food, trade some for any piece of clothing and make cord from that.
Or start making traps.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2013, 02:35:59 pm »

How in the world can you make cord now? I noticed a lot of the crafting had been redone. I cannot find out how to make cord from my clothing to save my life, literally.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2013, 03:01:21 pm »

Shift+m, Utility, cord, select clothing.

Playing a hunter feels stressful. Gotta hunt something so i don't starve, only finding small game and barely survive by trading the furs for food. When finding large game one gets stressed that it might get away. When bringing down large game one stress to conserve/eat/trade as much of the meat as possible before it spoils.
It's like an evil circle, but once the smoked meat gets done I think i can relax a bit and actually do something other than run around.

Also, I have 80% stealth skill with only 4-6 encumbrance. Is it normal to startle everything 5 tiles or further away?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 76