Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 166667 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16-Final, 27th April 2013)
« Reply #615 on: June 28, 2013, 09:55:19 am »

I'm pretty sure it's # r.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 29, 2013, 12:59:08 am »

Silly question: I passed out after building a shelter and now I am crawling everywhere, how do I get up?
Pressing ? or F1 should lead you towards menus and lists of controls.  URW is actually an incredibly well self-documented game, with its own encyclopedia complete with historic facts about the things you can do!
I didn't "stand up" anywhere in the in game documentation and google searches/wiki search turned up a million false leads, thus asking the experts I know :p

Silly question: I passed out after building a shelter and now I am crawling everywhere, how do I get up?

e -> R
I'm pretty sure it's # r.

Thanks for the advice, ill try both methods tomorrow
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 29, 2013, 10:05:36 am »

It depends on your build too. If you're Kaumo, it's very hard, but if you're one of the Northern tribe, it's doable. Hell, I even chased a deer with a club once.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 29, 2013, 10:08:37 am »

Yeah, the northern tribes are hunter-ninjas if rolled properly.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 29, 2013, 10:09:55 am »

Also, it depends on what you manage to hit the first time you hit them. If you wound them in the leg, it's a guaranteed kill.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 29, 2013, 10:26:52 am »

The spearman girl from one of tribes I made had around 80 spear as starting skill.

Any hit to head from behind was guaranteed kill :P
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 29, 2013, 11:26:51 am »

Weird that it didn't triggered, though a bear won't be stopped by a pit trap. Hell, I even saw a bear go through a pit trap with spikes. There was blood, it was triggered, but the bear got away.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 16, 2013, 09:07:57 pm »

The 3.17 beta version was released today, you can wade in shallow water and resume certain tasks (such as building walls and felling trees) now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 17, 2013, 12:04:44 am »

The 3.17 beta version was released today, you can wade in shallow water and resume certain tasks (such as building walls and felling trees) now.

Oh, nice! I'll have to get back into UnReal world again.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 17, 2013, 02:43:23 am »

resume certain tasks (such as building walls and felling trees) now.

SigFlags!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 17, 2013, 02:48:35 am »

resume certain tasks (such as building walls and felling trees) now.

This.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 17, 2013, 04:36:56 am »

This one is a fantastic improvement.
Spending a day building a good wall, and just before completion you stop because you hear something and noticing that you will then have to redo it completely , having then wasted the whole day was horrible.

Is there some compatibility problem with an ongoing 3.16 character if i move the saved game into 3.17 ?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:07:34 am by Robsoie »

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 17, 2013, 05:14:36 am »

Is there some compatibility problem with an ongoing 3.16 character if i move the saved game into 3.17 ?

There might be some issues but it should be ok to do, you need to re-explore rivers to find fords.

I just like making new characters on new updates to get the whole new experience available.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 17, 2013, 05:16:16 am »

Thanks, hopefully i'll be able to finish the mission i have left on my list and probably get to a new character for a change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.17-Beta, 16th July 2013)
« Reply #629 on: July 18, 2013, 05:11:45 pm »

I am running a new character now in 3.17 , Kaumo and i'm in Kaumo territory, i decided to play safe and start with the fisherman path on the living in the wild simple course.

I ran into a pack of reindeers , half of them sleeping, so i tried to sneak (as my character had some nice sneak skill) and managed to get near (at 3 or 4 tiles distance i mean) of one reindeer (the other woke up and ran) still asleep.
I decided to throw my spear to test my luck and got the reindeer in the abdomen, he started to run but was bleeding around, making my tracking easier.

I followed the tracks and the blood pools until there was no more blood , only tracks, until i got lost (making noise too regularly to hope to get back a reindeer in visual range, looks like my high stealth skill is not high enough when there are too many trees around).
The annoyance is that i then lost my spear, but what i found odd is that the blood stopped after a few time.

So my question : are animals cauterising their abdominal open wounds (as the spear was certainly still in considering it was nowhere to be seen) that quickly in the game, the only other explanation would be that the wounded reindeer was running along another unharmed one and they separated at some point with me following the wrong one (but that's a supposition, as i saw no hint there were more than 1 reindeer in the direction i was following the track and blood)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 05:31:17 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 76