Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 166571 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.17-Beta, 16th July 2013)
« Reply #630 on: July 19, 2013, 03:07:57 am »

Bleeding in characters other than PC can stop on it's own. Seen that happened quite a few times, especially if wounds are light.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 21, 2013, 03:44:10 am »

I'll have to remember that, it's rather useless to track a lightly wounded animal then as it can still run fast and get out of the zone anyways.
Too bad i then lost my very fine spear.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 21, 2013, 04:53:54 am »

Well if you can get a nice wound on an animal then you should stop stealthing and start running. Moving while in stealth is really slow, like snail's pace, a limping animal can move faster. It's the one thing I don't like in the game that pretty much in the turn you get spotted while 'in stealth' allows your prey to run away very fast so it's experience/luck in knowing when you are close enough to break off stealth and engage your prey before it sees you and gets a massive headstart.

Anyway if your chasing something that has seen you then stealth isn't very useful and if your chasing something that is wounded then you have a better chance of reaching it by running, reindeer and elks are probably the most annoying to chase as they have high speed and high stamina so even chasing a wounded one might leave you tired instead of your prey running out of stamina.

If you can wound a fox/squirrel/rabbit then you should be able to run and catch it as it will run out of stamina quickly.

Also if you are stalking/near a pack of wolves then do not stealth, you can be following one while in stealth and if it spots you it can be quick enough to get behind you and one-shot you in the neck, whenever wolves are around it's best to make sure your back is covered by some trees so nothing can attack you from behind.

capnpaco

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 21, 2013, 05:49:50 am »

I usually use javelins (or arrows) for throwing, as they are relatively cheap and easy to make.  Spears are much more expensive, so if I use them it's usually as a melee weapon.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 21, 2013, 06:45:58 am »

I didn't knew that about the wolves , i'll be much much more cautious now , thanks for the warning.
That's a pretty expensive spear that reindeer made away with, i guess he's now laughing at me for throwing such priced item at it :D

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 21, 2013, 12:04:46 pm »

or dying of infection from the wound it got. the wolves that eat it's carcass will laugh at you, though

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 21, 2013, 02:15:49 pm »

Speaking about this, are the entities (animal and items) continue to exist and so are tracked by the game forever ? I mean is there's a real chance (unlikely though as i'm now far from that zone) i could run into the corpse of the reindeer and my spear ?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 21, 2013, 02:21:26 pm »

Speaking about this, are the entities (animal and items) continue to exist and so are tracked by the game forever ? I mean is there's a real chance (unlikely though as i'm now far from that zone) i could run into the corpse of the reindeer and my spear ?

Unlikely, though it would be pretty damn amazing if it was true.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 21, 2013, 11:11:28 pm »

yes. once i recovered arrows from a reindeer i had hurted the week before in another region

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 22, 2013, 03:48:16 pm »

Very interesting for hunters if the wounded game can still be tracked after days.

Meanwhile, my character badly managed his time, instead of focusing in the mission of the course i took, i should have first instead thought of securing a real way to get regular food, i had then to eat too many of my stockpiled food

And when the game decided to make my morning hours of fishing turning up no more fishes (the first few days were good though, fishes were coming regularly, but you need to eat a lot everydays in that game so all the fishes were gone in my character's stomach as quickly as they came), i started to be in a really bad situation.

My recently made fox trap never catched anything in 3 days despite the baits i changed from time to time, and the only game i managed to catch while starving was a small squirrel that single meat cut didn't even filled half my hunger bar once roasted.

So poor old character was without any food, and starving, and due to obvious bad luck i couldn't even count on fishing anymore as it was just wasting hours for nothing while making me hungrier by a large margin, so i turned toward the only potential source of food left : the nearby village.

As there's no food steal mechanic apparently i decided to roleplay "as if" by entering at night a house with a guy sleeping, closing the door then bashing his skull, killing him on spot, and the action in the roleplay being only my character stealing food in that house , the food being the guy of course for the game engine :D

Well, let's say the villagers all have a fine ear despite the advanced hour of the night, and they were'nt really happy about it, one guy ran to the house and i had to fight my way through hordes of uncaring villagers without an ounce of empathy or mercy for the dying starving and wounded adventurer.

The dead guy on the floor ? but guys that was just roleplaying me stealing some food, he's not really dead, ok the game engine thinks he's dead, but in roleplay he's still alive
What you don't care about roleplay ? guys, that's harsh.

And to add to the injury, there's not even any friendship between adventurers, as one of them in town decided to fill me with arrows, and then a villager finished the job and sent my character to his ancestors.

My next character will be a shameless forest maniac and cannibal for vengeance !

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 22, 2013, 03:52:56 pm »

I'll just give you the 'get food' part of Survival 101 right here:

I got a battleaxe, a heavy crossbow, a hunting bow, about 50 arrows and enough clothes to last me through winter this way.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 22, 2013, 04:03:10 pm »

I'll just give you the 'get food' part of Survival 101 right here:

I got a battleaxe, a heavy crossbow, a hunting bow, about 50 arrows and enough clothes to last me through winter this way.
Alternatively, if you just want food, buy a cow/sheep and steel a bucket from a sauna. Say hello to two days worth of milk, every day, that you can chug until your nutrition is excellent.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 22, 2013, 04:07:54 pm »

Thanks for the tips guys.

My newly created forest cannibal maniac has been doing a lot better than i thought in the 1st village he discovered , it looks like the Kaumolais Spear is indeed a very awesome weapon in the hand of a rampaging savage even a beginner cannibal like that character :D

I guess i'll have enough food for this in what is now MY village.
Funny that some adventurers are still coming in from time to time, i wonder if they're asking my character "do you known where the villagers are ?"
In roleplay i guess he's replying "look for them in the nearby sauna"
:D

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: August 21, 2013, 11:49:41 pm »

Final version of 3.17 was released earlier today.

Changelog

EDIT: Fixed the link.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:32:33 am by Jehdin »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 22, 2013, 12:36:00 am »

Any new stuff?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 76