Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 164326 times)

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16-Final, 27th April 2013)
« Reply #585 on: May 28, 2013, 08:31:48 pm »

My character is practically invincible in melee now, wearing mail cowl, hauberk and leggings with some fur over that. What I'm scared of is an arrow through my eye that insta kills me. I've been look all over for stores that has the great helm, but no luck yet. Does anyone know where the best place to find a great helm is?

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #586 on: May 29, 2013, 04:18:10 am »

Can you update by just copying the new version over the old version? Or should I delete and replace?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 29, 2013, 09:53:47 am »

I've updated my graphics mod, Wickerman's Graphical Enhancement Mod, version 3.2: http://z3.invisionfree.com/UrW_forum/index.php?showtopic=1921

WMGEM ver.3.2 changelog:
  • I've replaced every single one of the real-life pictures in the game with drawn images, some 140 or so images. I don't have a late game save so I haven't been able to see how they all look, please give your opinion. :)
  • Even more drawn portraits, there's now 62 of them. And since only "North" ones can go over the limit of 6 portraits per culture I put the excess ones as north_ . If there is a north picture you'd like for one of the other cultures simply change its name to east or west 1-6.
Spoiler: more... (click to show/hide)

And probably some other stuff I don't remember. I haven't tested any of this a whole lot so please give me your opinion and any critique you might have.

Here is a mini preview, it's not all the stuff that's been added.

I also had a go at making my first ever mods outside graphic stuff.
Egg nests, grouse eggs, capercaille eggs, swan eggs, eagle eggs(found on mountains), mallard and tufted duck eggs can all be found in the game, I'm not sure about any of the stats I gave them though, if you boil them they become appetizing but otherwise you can eat raw too.

And rabbit burrows, it comes in two versions, rotten carcass and fresh. The idea is that you stick your hand in the burrow, grab a rabbit and immediately snap its neck but some times you find a long dead carcass instead. And they're actually mushrooms but yeah... fresh rabbit is slightly poisonous if you don't boil it and rotten is just not ok to eat at all.

They're both included in the pack as optional mods, I'll put them as separate mods later.

I really dont like how Njerpez women are scantily clad. Its a dumb sexist trope from modern roleplaying games, also it makes no sense for anyone being in a bikini, when 1. Its Finland, cold as fuck. 2. its IRON AGE finland, long before anything alike a bra was even invented and 3. it gives no protection what so ever.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 29, 2013, 10:35:29 am »

I really dont like how Njerpez women are scantily clad. Its a dumb sexist trope from modern roleplaying games, also it makes no sense for anyone being in a bikini, when 1. Its Finland, cold as fuck. 2. its IRON AGE finland, long before anything alike a bra was even invented and 3. it gives no protection what so ever.
+1, and similarly, it doesn't really make sense for the guy to be in his underwear either.

Is anyone else having a problem with this game where every time they think about downloading the game to play they end up reading the features going into the next version and decide to hold out for then instead? Between pausable building and different tasks actually requiring stamina/working body parts the next version sounds amazing already. The game's going to be much more intense now that injuries will really have realistically meaningful consequences.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 29, 2013, 10:44:25 am »

+1, and similarly, it doesn't really make sense for the guy to be in his underwear either.

Is anyone else having a problem with this game where every time they think about downloading the game to play they end up reading the features going into the next version and decide to hold out for then instead? Between pausable building and different tasks actually requiring stamina/working body parts the next version sounds amazing already. The game's going to be much more intense now that injuries will really have realistically meaningful consequences.

Considering how few pixels there are, being male or female would be visually meaningless if they were in full winter garb.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 29, 2013, 10:55:35 am »

You could make them a few pixels less robust i guess. Its just that URW is supposed to be an authentic experience.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Rhazak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 31, 2013, 09:53:54 am »

It wasn't really specifically meant to be a bikini or a bra, just very tattered clothes and since I wanted to convey that it was both a female and her status as a slave I went with this, and this way players who like playing cavemen can also use it. :d

And Finland contrary to popular belief isn't really a constant winter wonderland with polar bears walking the streets, it gets quite hot in the summers.

But I can see what you guys mean, I made some with more clothes on, as well as a red head version of the male, since most of the other avatars in my mod also have red hair and you'd probably switch to another one when you're on the "runaway slave" scenario a bit after you've settled down.

And to the others, thank you for the praise. :)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 25, 2013, 02:54:17 pm »

I'm back to this game.

Got painfully reminded that attacking a sleeping animal isn't[/s] a guaranteed kill. Especially if it's a bear.

That plus almost three week starvation and I'm on like -140% skill rate. But I finished my house :D
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 25, 2013, 06:55:04 pm »

I keep getting insanely lucky stealth kills on sleeping animals. I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 25, 2013, 07:38:12 pm »

Nothing makes a neolithic person's morning than waking up and finding large, beefy stag caught in one of nearby traps :D

* Haspen so much food got.

And 'stag roasted fat' was simply ridiculous. I chewed on it for a week!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 25, 2013, 11:31:11 pm »

Yeah, a decent trap line can give you absolutely ridiculous amounts of meat.  I had one that caught like 4 stags and 2 traders.  I ended up dining finely while dressed in my new fur top-hat for like a year!

Although really, you're not a true survivor until you've made a Squirrel Fur Cloak.  Start collecting!

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 26, 2013, 12:02:21 am »

I keep getting insanely lucky stealth kills on sleeping animals. I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Welp, time to update my sig quote again. :P
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 26, 2013, 03:19:53 am »

Yeah, a decent trap line can give you absolutely ridiculous amounts of meat.

That wasn't trap line. It was single pit-with-stakes trap in front of my cellar :P
SigFlags!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 26, 2013, 08:34:13 am »

Yeah, a decent trap line can give you absolutely ridiculous amounts of meat.

That wasn't trap line. It was single pit-with-stakes trap in front of my cellar :P
I'm not convinced that animals aren't coded to walk into traps.  Like, while moving in the overworld they have a set chance to fall in a spike pit, multiplied for each pit.  And if it's in the local map, then they just walk EVERYWHERE.

Also, just use pits.  Spike pits are likely to kill, but regular pits keep the animal alive, which keeps the meat fresh for longer.

And now that you have so much meat, set up some of those fun fox traps.  Fox furs are the most valuable to foreign traders, and are baited with meat.  Or just make some fox fur boots for yourself.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 26, 2013, 08:41:50 am »

Today, in middle of grinding bowls (to buy some clothes, winter is looming over horizon), I went out of food, so I thought 'turnip soup time!'

I grab the pot, the bowl to get water, open the door and leave to the cellar.... Bear in a spike pit. No prior game announcment, no sounds or noise indicator. Bear in a spike trap, for who knows how long, is sitting there.

So naturally I put down the heavy things, run back to house, grab the axe, and go at the bear with a glee. Another set of smoked food, yay <3

I made the soup anyway.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 76