Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we call the underground forest?

The Undergrove
- 6 (40%)
The Corpselight Grove
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36

Author Topic: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]  (Read 38144 times)

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile

Playing now.
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Dun dunh dunnnn....

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see how the next year pans out.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

12th of Slate- 1003
On this day another baby was born and I began looking at the tunnel entrance.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Here is a quick scan I did with my Data-slate, you should be able to pick out most of the details such as the traps and bridges. The actual entrance to this tunnel has not yet breached the surface, a good thing as it still needs some work before it is ready for those plagued heretics above.

14th of Slate – 1003
I just got back from a meeting with Halfling this afternoon in which we discussed many aspects of the outpost. He brought to my attention two Dwarves requesting new ID’s, I obliged and here is all the paperwork.

We also discussed the current housing project which is currently being stocked full of furniture. I was just about to being up the subject of Halfling’s personal quarters when she asked for me to make her a hut in the underground forest. It seems like a splendid idea and construction will begin once we find a suitable location, (I may even make myself a summer house there…)

Finally, the topic of the military was also discussed. After much deliberation it has been decided that project ‘General Academy of Universal Ninja Training’ would begin (Gaunt for short). This project comprises of expanding the current barracks to include an Undead Combat Conditioning Area (UCCA) as well as the creation of many new sets of weapons and armour for the military platoons. Recruitment will begin shortly after construction is finished.

The facility will also be used for civilian fitness training...some dwarves are rather...big...

I have already begun making a poster to attract potential recruits.

17th of Slate – 1003
Military equipment production has been going smoothly; however, I am still lacking proper attire for my duties. I think that I may take a crack at making some power armour with all the Adamantium we have laying around. I don’t care if the Techpriests call me mad, I want power armour and I want it now! 
Here is my workstation.

18th of Slate – 1003
I have noticed a severe lacking of worship to the Emperor since I have been here. Everyone currently worships one of the Gods from the Pantheon supposedly existing on this planet. I will fix this issue by making a Palace dedicated to the God Emperor. Hopefully a proper place of worship that looks nice will be ‘cool’ and ‘hip’ enough to get some followers. Failing that, I can always perform summary executions until they believe in the Emperor.

19th of Slate – 1003
Good News! A team of doctors and children aspirants have come from faraway lands to help our cause. There is however but a small problem… The surface is crawling with the dead and I haven’t made my power armour yet…

I cannot let the foul Daemons of Death claim more innocent people. Something must be done…

I only managed to cover 1 in game week... I will try make some faster progress...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:09:16 am by Sabretache »
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, even though I don't like to say it, it may be a good idea to quicken the pace a bit and summarize and big-picture things more. I personally really love having lots of screencaps and content like you do, but you'll burn yourself out if you do 2 pictures per 1 ingame day like now.

Those pictures of the fort and underground grove wonderful, though.

You don't mind if I play the WH40k thing off as me believing you are a bit touched in the head, do you? We're simple dwarves after all, and you're disguised as one of us - what would we know about the Imperium or advanced technology.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I will start cutting down on the depth of the posts a bit. Also it is fine if you refer to Gaunt as 'special', no problem there...one problem may be this however...

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh dear. His arms, his hands, his legs, his feet, his upper body AND his head. That must have hurt. What happened?

Well, there's a song for times like this that's popular at Ghoullights:

When you're sad and when you're lonely
And you haven't got a friend
Just remember that death is not the end

Not the end, not the end
Your corpse will walk a zombie when you're dead

Not the end, not the end
If we don't slab you you will haunt us when you're dead

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nice song. Gaunt gets into some trouble with zombies  (ex-commissar Sabretache makes an appearance) while helping the migrants and literally fights a group of them for days on end (he was the only man brave enough apart from a baby to do his job).

He is even worse off after the battle (that was half way through...) but just alive enough by my standards for the great technologies of the Imperium to save his life. (The crude dwarves declare him dead due to a completely shattered skull, but by iron will and the fact that his brain was only bruised, he will 'Live')

The next post which will likely be tomorrow will have a detailed account of what happened during that time. After that I will make more condensed posts.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:07:34 am by Sabretache »

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like it will be a thriller. Looking forward to it. Time to update the first post with links to the newest chapters.

If nobody has objected by tomorrow then I'll set the overall time limit for a turn to be 2 weeks, negotiable.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After my next report it would have been 2 months in game, I should be able to manage 10 months in a couple of days as most of the tedious managing is over.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome! I can't wait, also if u wana dwarf me somewhere as a female dwarf, don't care too much about prof that would be cool too :p

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ahoy! Just finished reading, and would like a dorf. And a tentative go at the administration, even though I haven't properly played in some time.

I do love sliver barbs... is there a dwarf who particuarly likes it? If so, I'd like them. Otherwise, the previously mentioned dyer who I believe is still unclaimed. Either way, I want to work with clothing! And dying! And maybe architecture! And fashion and style!

EDIT: If yes, please do name him "Cog" or "Cog'd"

There are zombies and dirt everywhere. This is NOT BEFITTING OUR KIND. I shall oversee it so that fellow dwarves, especially our Brave Militia, have the finest silks available to them to wear. Nothing but silver-black silk is acceptable, though. Gaunt has the right idea with style...

Wonderful, wonderful. I've added you to the turn list. We did have a farmer that likes sliver barbs, one Datan Zonomrek (Helmslength).

I had him working as a planter/herbalist, based on the theory that his like of the barbs would influence growing and gathering skill rolls. Would you like for him to become a dyer, if he's still around?

Yes please, that would be awesome!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright!

Sabretache, buddy, sorry to nag at you, but about the dwarfings if you have the time...

I think the Fireclay Warrior's name is supposed to be Hotaru, and Zombie the other guy's name and not title. Hilarious that you made him Chaosgear's husband by the way.
If you could fix the names and make Datan Zonomrek "Cog" Zonomrek, Dyemaster (our future dyer) and some cool female dwarf (maybe one of your warriors?) named Destra, that would be super.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did all the dwarfing currently on the main page (by currently I mean yesterday) but it wouldn't work properly (I named the dawrf Hotaru and made his profession Fireclay Warrior but it didn't seem to work). The naming didn't work at first even for Gaunt... Also after the event I will be wring about, I may have to take a head count of who is still alive... (Some dwarves decided running outside despite their being a burrow alert in place and scary zombies would be a good idea. Some did managed to realise their silliness and retreat inside while Gaunt held the zombies off but by then it was too late).

Also the zombie issue may no longer be a problem as we just got some unexpected help...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 03:01:04 pm by Sabretache »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I did all the dwarfing currently on the main page (by currently I mean yesterday) but it wouldn't work properly (I named the dawrf Hotaru and made his profession Fireclay Warrior but it didn't seem to work). The naming didn't work at first even for Gaunt... Also after the event I will be wring about, I may have to take a head count of who is still alive... (Some dwarves decided running outside despite their being a burrow alert in place and scary zombies would be a good idea. Some did managed to realise their silliness and retreat inside while Gaunt held the zombies off but by then it was too late).

Also the zombie issue may no longer be a problem as we just got some unexpected help...

Are you using Dwarf Therapist to apply nicknames/professions? If so, you have to press the APPLY or COMMIT or whatever it is button for it to work.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

The zombie ruse may no longer be a distraction...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36