Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we call the underground forest?

The Undergrove
- 6 (40%)
The Corpselight Grove
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36

Author Topic: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]  (Read 38128 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile

I vote we call it the Mushroom Kingdom.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile

This is a masterwork Medical Recuperation Schedule assigned to Gaunt. It is adorned with helpful advice and menaces with talk of infections and disease. On the pamphlet is the image of Gaunt, he is relaxing. This relates to Gaunt’s return to Ghoullights on the 18th of Felsite to recuperate.

18th of Felsite – 1003

Much like the dead that roam the surface, I too have risen over death. Although I am strictly banned from any combat activity, I can still handle the managing of the outpost. I have some catching up to do from while I was away:

-   On the 3rd of Felsite, a Towercup Ring called the ‘Doused Poetry’ was created with a worth of 26400 credits.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-   Based on the scans from my new Data-Slate (HQ is investigation mine) the Man of Iron is still functioning and massacring the dead, just if we could capture him…

-   A roll call was issued to the entire fortress and here is everyone who is still alive (note some may be running on the surface)

And that is about everyone I missed out on.

20th of Felsite – 1003
An Elvan Caravan arrived…they had no chance. The zombies and colossus murdered them.

23rd of Felsite – 1003
The housing complex is going well, many beds are installed and cabinets are soon to be installed.

Sorry about the rather short update, I will have time later today hopefully.
Dwarfing shall be done then as well as implementing all your suggestions.

(Also I think that Corpseblight Grove would be a nice name)

« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:25:28 pm by Sabretache »
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

My vote goes to Mushroom Kingdom.

The new housing complex looks like it will be nice, at least once it's engraved and lined with statues.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, Cog, it looks like the dwarf we were planning for you to have is dead, sadly. Too bad. I'm making your dwarfing request say you want a dyer.

Upon further thought the colossus plan might actually end really, really badly if the dwarves are let outside to collect the corpses after the colossus is done with them, and don't make it in time. When using this, have to be careful to have EVERYTHING on the surface except maybe 10 corpses at most forbidden (d-b-f), have some military there in case some of them come back to life, and have some unimportant dwarves set to refuse hauling only so the corpses are moved immediately, while the important ones are burrowed somewhere safe. Either that or only use it to kill things on the trade depot while keeping the outer wall closed. Maybe expand the outer wall around some corpses, close it up and then haul them. Rinse and repeat.

We'll see how it goes... it needs to be dealt with anyway.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay. I'll be gone for the weekend.

Hope I'm not too much of a micromanaging b* with my suggestions. I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to fortress building and get easily carried away when making plans. Feel free to ignore me if you choose.

Anyway, one last thought came to mind: I think if Sabretache goes through all the trouble to catch the colossus, he should get to name it. Aye?

Let's have the forest vote when I get back.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile

I'd like to have a turn, please sign me...
Okay. I'll be gone for the weekend.
... up.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile

I don't think anyone thinks you're a bitch. But we want updates! Updates for the update god!
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile

I just did heaps of stuff including building the colossus catcher and other stuff when DF decided to crash...

I will try to redo what I did but this is really annoying.
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, Cog, it looks like the dwarf we were planning for you to have is dead, sadly. Too bad. I'm making your dwarfing request say you want a dyer.

Well... if the dwarf was so stupid to run out to hug a collossus, I don't mind not having him :P Natural selection and all that.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile

IF still possible I nominate we call it the Undergrove. Short & Simple.
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile

IF still possible I nominate we call it the Undergrove. Short & Simple.
Ooh, I like that. Undergrove has my vote.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I'm back!

First order of business is to add Yuli Vlasi to the turn list. Welcome and thanks!

Then, let's get started with the forest vote. Even if Chaosgear votes for Undergrove, I'll add his original suggestion up there so we have some variety. Poll is open roughly one week, closing on Monday sometime around noon Sydney time. Everyone gets two votes so they can vote for two favorites if they so choose.

The winner gets to design their own monument in the forest. Rules for design are: it may use up to 12 (starting) materials we can produce, and any labors. It may have a function if you choose, but it is not allowed to risk the fortress or require constant labor or supervision.

Sorry to hear about your crash Sabretache! Hope you're still enjoying the game.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G

Hm. We could call it the Gravewood! Wait, no, that just makes me think of undead morning wood.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hm. We could call it the Gravewood! Wait, no, that just makes me think of undead morning wood.

Deadwood?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile

...you can go ahead and get rid of that partially sane bit under your avatar.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36