Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we call the underground forest?

The Undergrove
- 6 (40%)
The Corpselight Grove
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]  (Read 38121 times)

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile

25th of Felsite- 1003
Here is what I currently look like with my new disguise, pretty good I think.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

11th of Hematite - 1003
In the past few days nothing much has happened but today construction has begun on the first Lake Hut, being made for Halfing. As you can see the basic structure is down (need more wood) and there is also a nice wharf. I will start building mine summer house once things have settled down.

21th of Hematite - 1003
The outpost receive no reinforcements this season and a yak and its master have been stricken by Melancholy recently.

23rd of Hematite - 1003
This is a hologram of the housing complex as it currently looks. Most rooms have beds, doors and cabinets. Below is my modest quarters (lost of gold) and the soon to be dinning room. I am getting a skilled engraver named Kadol to engrave my room.

Work on a device to capture and release the Man of Iron is well under way.
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile

Ooh! Ooh! Can I get a summer home, too? Get to relax and enjoy the view of Lake Chaosgear?
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh! Ooh! Can I get a summer home, too? Get to relax and enjoy the view of Lake Chaosgear?
I will have to re-dwarf you (I think you died) but your successor shall receive a nice house by the lake for compensation of services rendered in the name of Ghoullights.
What materials would you like it to be made from? Wood? Rock?
Also, what rooms / buildings would you like? (bedroom, dining room with stockpile of roasts, study, etc).

Also Halfing, if you have any preferences for your house, just let me know!

P.s. There may be in total 8 or more 'lots' for the building of houses due to space.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:38:28 am by Sabretache »
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile

I will have to re-dwarf you (I think you died) but your successor shall receive a nice house by the lake for compensation of services rendered in the name of Ghoullights.
What materials would you like it to be made from? Wood? Rock?
Also, what rooms / buildings would you like? (bedroom, dining room with stockpile of roasts, study, etc).

Also Halfing, if you have any preferences for your house, just let me know!

P.s. There may be in total 8 or more 'lots' for the building of houses due to space.
I died?
Better idea. Make a nice parkway gazebo by Lake Chaosgear in my honor. Make it out of stone, and make sure it has benches and a slab engraved to me.

Redorf me as a mason named Vendix.

Thank you.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It seems like you're really doing a wonderful job with the hut. Thanks! I wouldn't have thought of the wharf, but it's grand. I have no further requests. Well, actually, there's one little thing. Maybe the house itself could be a bedroom and dining room, and then put one or a few wooden chairs on the pier and designate those as an office, so my dwarf will go sit ponderously on the pier (actually doing bookkeeping, but you know).

Useless structures, tombs and so on add character to the fort!

Also since we're only one day into the poll I'll just add Deadwood and Gravewood into it for more variety. And on a rules-related note, since we came to the topic of redwarfing, I think we could do Pineapple rules. That is, you can be redwarfed as many times as you like, but you must always use a different name. If everyone is cool with that, I'll add it to the rules tomorrow and if not, let me know soon.

Edit: Also, be very careful with the melancholy water buffalo. That will be very dangerous once it dies of thirst, if it's inside. Those things are way more dangerous than regular two-legged zombies. Should probably try to wall it in or cave in something on top of it or such.

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just make a 1 tile pasture and assign it there, inside a locked room, and then of course lock the room :p

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile

You guys do remember we have atom smashers, right? Delete it from existence!

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think it's a merchant animal that couldn't leave the map. You may have trouble getting it where you want it. Or can you really pasture merchant animals gone mad?

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile

Oh.
In that case, wall it in with fortifications for marksdwarf training.

Zombi

• Bay Watcher
  • Was too long. Sorry Urist.
    • View Profile

bump?

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess Sabretache is having a busier spell or something. Let's give him time but remind him that we're waiting.  :)

I'm unfortunately busy too, but if I find a good break, I might do something related to this fort (or not). Maybe a journal entry or ask a friend for some art. Let's see how it goes.

Hotaru

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange foreigner fond of industry
    • View Profile

This is sad. Want updates.

Yay at poll though. Can my monument have workshops?
It is said knowledge is like a foul-smelling herb. It must be cooked well and thoroughly with experience to make it palatable. A young scholar's knowledge is therefore not only worthless but disgusting. -- In Dwarf Fortress you have another paradigm. Gather as much of that smelly herb as you can and toss it at your enemy, fracturing his skull through the +capybara man leather cap+.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry that I have been busy, only a couple of days...
Anyways I will try to do more of my turn now

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

9th of Malachite - 1003
The Lakeside house for Halfling is going well and I order construction a golden and iron Gazebo to be created in memory of Chaosgear.

17th of Malachite - 1003
Some dwarf died of thirst today, very strange as he was in the booze stockpile...
Anyways it seems some fool actually cared for the guy and now is quiet upset.

19th of Malachite - 1003
The child calmed down today after 2 days of tantruming.

24th of Malachite - 1003
Despite my orders to dump the filthy corpse of the guy who decided not to drink, the loafs around here didn't. The body is now terrorizing the outpost. The corpse manages to kill some pheasant before a miner bravely takes it down.

27th of Malachite - 1003
One of the dwarfs decided that there hasn't been enough insanity recently for his tastes, as such he decides to go insane. Sound logic I think.

2nd of Galena - 1003
Me and the Dwarf Dakost also decide that their hasn't been enough madness and promptly start tantruming. Before Dakost ran around mad, he said something about 'TOO MUCH DAMN CLAY".

4th of Galena - 1003
I have calmed down now and feel a bit better.

9th of Galena - 1003
Cilob the dwarf also has sunken into insanity for a couple of days.

10th of Galena- 1003
Once again my command to dump the bodies was ignored and they have come back to life. The one armed corpse chases some dwarfs into the Emperor's Palace, among them is me and Halfling. Despite the doctor's orders of no combat I can't just stand around and do nothing!

I run to the daemon and begin assaulting it with a barrage of crossbow 'hits'.
I am able to put the monstrosity down and save everyone.

A ghost comes and admires my fine work.

Sorry about the wait for the update, I was rather busy. I am not certain if I will get much more time, if not I will put up the save for someone else to take over. The main issue was getting back to where I was after the crash that happened earlier.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

14th of Galena - 1003
I am growing weary of this place, nothing is going right. My dreams are infested with manifestations of daemons and twisted creatures. Upon awakening, real life is not much different...

A caravan of foolish traders arrived and some dwarves tantrumed.

The caravan is murdered by the colossus and the great and ancient weapon...of his pants.

15th of Galena- 1003
EVERYTHING IS WRONG GET ME OUT OF HERE! *Tantrums*

16th of Galena - 1003
...I am feeling a little better now. We have news of a forgotten beast which is lurking in the caverns.

THE END OF DAYS

This is a masterwork Dwarf Fortress called Ghoullights. It is adorned with riches and power while menacing with undead and utter insanity. In the fortress are the dwarves, animals and Governor-Commissar. The dwarves and animals are running, the Governor-Commissar is chasing them. This relates to Gaunt, the Governor-Commissar, deciding to try kill everyone.

It is on this day that I write my last entry...I have had enough of this place. The filth, death and horror has become too much, the agents of Chaos have already infected this place...

I must purge it.

I bite into a workers foot and swing him around, my brute strength and skill leave him helpless.

Next, I bite someone's toe, ripping it off and keeping it in my mouth.

I now attack a baby and kill it before moving on to bite a Horse Foal.

A crocodile attacks me from behind unexpectedly.

I DIE IN GLORY!

My body is now surrounded by arms, legs and Sea Nettle Jellyfish Roast.

Well, so ends Governor-Commissar Gaunt...

I will not be able to continue due to time constraints but will post an update showing nice pictures of the entire fortress soon.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:01:32 am by Sabretache »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36