Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What should we call the underground forest?

The Undergrove
- 6 (40%)
The Corpselight Grove
- 9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Ghoullights Chapter III: The Lamentation of Dyes [Succession]  (Read 38155 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ghoullights - Zombie Elephants, Cruor and Silk [Succession]
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2013, 10:29:55 pm »

I'd sign up for a turn but my literary skills wouldn't do the fort justice.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2013, 03:52:59 am »

Having read Dwarven Race IV, I disagree. You'd fit right in. It's a bit of a long wait right now, though.

Sabretache

• Bay Watcher
  • "Knowledge is power, guard it well."
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2013, 04:44:54 am »

Any news from the current overseer?
Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2013, 07:01:21 am »

I should be able to do some turn posting today. I may have to expedite my updates to make sure I can finish this, though.
EDIT: Actually, that update is not forthcoming. I will hopefully be able to finish this thing, but if I can't, would my successor like to continue Operation Streetsweeper?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:29:57 pm by Remuthra »

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2013, 03:50:11 am »

Hope you can find the time to finish! I can't really speak for Destra, but I think it would be easier for her to decide whether she wants to continue the operation if you tell us how it works in more detail at some point.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: March 22, 2013, 02:29:35 pm »

Well, do to my having the plague over the past few days, which I don't think I'll get over by tomorrow, I'll need to either ask for a skip or an extension. Sorry, guys  :P

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2013, 04:00:01 pm »

Sorry to hear you're sick. Get well soon! Let's ask Destra what her situation is. You should have until she's ready at least.

Destra, how soon would you be able to start your turn?

Destra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2013, 06:29:09 pm »

Anytime, next weekend friday I'm actually going to the states so ironicly if for whatever reason I'm not done by then, I have a 4 hour drive 1 way (I'm not driving, yay!) To play, so I'd just upload it on sunday night when I'd get back, that's a worst case if I don't get it till just before I leave, otherwise I'm free all but monday atm

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: March 22, 2013, 07:13:51 pm »

Okay. I'd like to get this moving along, so about we go about it like this: Remuthra, knowing your circumstances, sorry to have to give you a deadline, but if you're feeling up to it, let's say you can take this weekend to finish your turn. If it doesn't seem likely you can do it or if you've lost interest or such, that's fine. Upload the save and Destra will finish your year. If you can finish in that time, then upload it when you're done.

Is that okay with everybody?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: March 22, 2013, 07:36:02 pm »

Well, since my turn was struck by the zombie plague, here's a brief explanation of how Project Streetsweeper, aka the Dwarven Dishwasher, works.

First, your dirty dishes are given a nice pre-rinse. Then, the wash cycle starts. The machine injects some soap through its industrial strength cart based system. The unused soap is recycled through the opposite side of the dishwasher, because Uristcorp has the frugal dwarf in mind! We here at Uristcorp know that your dirty dishes need powerful cleaning, so next the Dwarven Dishwasher injects our special Glass Based Scrubbing Solution, to scour your dishes with the power of the disk! And like all Uristcorp solutions, it will not waste materials, with the same recycling solution being used. Finally, with the dirt loosened, our new innovation in the field of cleaning gives the dishes a rinse with magma taken straight from the magma sea, for that one of a kind sparkle! Buy today!

In case I can't finish, this was my plan to cleanse the surface.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 22, 2013, 09:56:58 pm »

Add me to the turn list I suppose.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2013, 06:30:24 am »

Wonderful! Added you.

Well, since my turn was struck by the zombie plague, here's a brief explanation of how Project Streetsweeper, aka the Dwarven Dishwasher, works.

First, your dirty dishes are given a nice pre-rinse. Then, the wash cycle starts. The machine injects some soap through its industrial strength cart based system. The unused soap is recycled through the opposite side of the dishwasher, because Uristcorp has the frugal dwarf in mind! We here at Uristcorp know that your dirty dishes need powerful cleaning, so next the Dwarven Dishwasher injects our special Glass Based Scrubbing Solution, to scour your dishes with the power of the disk! And like all Uristcorp solutions, it will not waste materials, with the same recycling solution being used. Finally, with the dirt loosened, our new innovation in the field of cleaning gives the dishes a rinse with magma taken straight from the magma sea, for that one of a kind sparkle! Buy today!

In case I can't finish, this was my plan to cleanse the surface.

In short, your intention was to fire soap at them, grind them to a fine undead mist with serrated disks, and wash it off with magma? Well, it's needlessly complex, involves magma and minecarts, and weaponizes soap. All the hallmarks of a great plan.

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 24, 2013, 05:02:54 am »

Alright. Today brings the end of the weekend, and a change of regime in Ghoullights. It is now early morning. When you're done for the day, Remuthra, please post the save, whatever condition it's in, and Destra will take over next.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: March 24, 2013, 09:27:38 am »

Well, I'm finally about over this thing, so here's some updates!

17th Felsite

Well, I was digging out the control room, and the miners as usual have something to complain about. "We can't dig in wet stone, sir!" It's not even stone, it's dirt! I sent 'em back to work. Last I heard they were complaining the lever room was flooded or something.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

19th Felsite

It's our saviors! They've come at last to rescue us from the zombie hell!
Bah, not worth the joke, talkin' 'bout bleedin' elves like that.

20th Felsite

From what we can see, that giant is still going around bashing zombies.

10th Hematite

The zombies apparently were busy being slaughtered by the giant, so we managed to let the caravan in. I traded for their stocks of sun berries and sunshine, as well as all their sand and wood. There was a nice looking monitor lizard I bought too.
Work is still progressing pretty well on Operation Streetsweeper, with work moving to the internal mechanisms.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 11:15:13 am by Remuthra »

Halfling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 24, 2013, 12:21:43 pm »

There was a nice looking monitor lizard I bought too.

Great. What I felt the place really needed was more dwarf-eating lizards. :D
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36