Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2007620 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1500 on: March 16, 2013, 09:42:56 am »

My target was Axl, but he got drafted into security for some reason, and I just couldn't get to him. What was up with that anyway? We only had two engineers, and one gets pulled into security when we already have security, bots, ai, and HoS?
Yeah, that's mostly because near the beginning almost all of security was killed or got brainrot, so it was reduced to 2 people (one of whom nearly died, then got brainrot while recovering in the medbay). The HoS was merely a promoted Warden, and Axl helped us take down the first Ling, so we decided to deputize him.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 16, 2013, 09:52:54 am »

It was tough though, with a watchful AI, and two cyborgs roaming the halls and maintenance tunnels.
I tend to spot and mark the antangs early as AI and keep them under surveillance. But if its early in the round theres a bunch of things I let pass because I dont want to end the round early, or because the crew gives me the wrong commands(or lack of them, usually)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 16, 2013, 09:55:20 am »

It was tough though, with a watchful AI, and two cyborgs roaming the halls and maintenance tunnels.
I tend to spot and mark the antangs early as AI and keep them under surveillance. But if its early in the round theres a bunch of things I let pass because I dont want to end the round early, or because the crew gives me the wrong commands(or lack of them, usually)
Remember, lings aren't humans and a threat to actual humans, so your laws say that you should exterminate them stat.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 16, 2013, 10:11:44 am »

Remember, lings aren't humans and a threat to actual humans, so your laws say that you should exterminate them stat.
Well, Wouldn't that require me to actually see them morph or something? Because with just a camera i cannot distinguish them from humans and thus would risk harming a human.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 16, 2013, 10:13:31 am »

Well, Wouldn't that require me to actually see them morph or something? Because with just a camera i cannot distinguish them from humans and thus would risk harming a human.
Well, all of their special actions are things that would classify them as lings, including eating people or stinging people.

E: And btw, can you still find alien facehuggers in these rooms in asteroids?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 10:18:42 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 16, 2013, 10:36:17 am »

It seems not. I started my own private server of the latest tg build several times and the artifact rooms just had diamond picks, drills, and once even a Ripley.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 16, 2013, 11:23:43 am »

Poetry as a priority announcement: What happens when the captain is bored.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 16, 2013, 11:27:29 am »

Poetry as a priority announcement: What happens when the captain is bored.
Meh, it's really hilarious to mimic announcements saying that there will be meteors or giant spiders.

It seems not. I started my own private server of the latest tg build several times and the artifact rooms just had diamond picks, drills, and once even a Ripley.
Aww. That sucks :c

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 16, 2013, 11:56:28 am »

It was fun messing around in a Ripley, mad with power. I'll have to make something deadlier next time.

There's a lot in the Mech panel. I'll have to fiddle with everything next time. So many switches and buttons.

Have fun with all your bots. I left the Ripley in robotics.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:58:59 am by BigD145 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 16, 2013, 12:07:08 pm »

It was fun messing around in a Ripley, mad with power. I'll have to make something deadlier next time.

There's a lot in the Mech panel. I'll have to fiddle with everything next time. So many switches and buttons.

Have fun with all your bots. I left the Ripley in robotics.
You could have at least unlocked it or something. Now it's a big useless hunk of metal. And most of the other mechs are security mechs. Aka, you'll probably need security's permission to make them.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 16, 2013, 12:29:58 pm »

I told you it was locked to Robotics. As far as building it, there seemed to be a "point of no return" message when giving permissions to the four different categories, with Robotics at the top. I had no clue how to unlock it, if you can.

I can make a firefighting mech and the Odysseus seems to be versatile in what you can attach.

I am inept at advanced robotics. When I first got on station I knew there was no janitor and medical was understaffed, so building bots sounded like a good idea. I went with it. Replace all missing personnel with robots. What could possibly go wrong?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:32:28 pm by BigD145 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 16, 2013, 12:32:11 pm »

I told you it was locked to Robotics. As far as building it, there seemed to be a "point of no return" message when giving permissions to the four different categories, with Robotics at the top. I had no clue how to unlock it, if you can.

I can make a firefighting mech and the Odysseus seems to be versatile in what you can attach.
Looks like you just dnalocked it tough. And why the fuck did you only give it robotics acces and not call somebody to give it mining acces?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 16, 2013, 12:33:31 pm »

Looks like you just dnalocked it tough. And why the fuck did you only give it robotics acces and not call somebody to give it mining acces?

I had no clue how any of that worked, so I made it the property of Robotics. Were you even miner when I ordered the parts? The QM let me order them. I don't even know if we had you on station by the time I activated it. Comms were down for some, and almost always down for me.

I was looking at the wiki and it doesn't explain much of anything about interfaces and prompts.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:37:52 pm by BigD145 »

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 16, 2013, 12:46:11 pm »

RANT WARNING!

The way tasers work is incredibly overpowered, something is really wrong if a taser/stun setting has more potential to be lethal that actual lethal setting, and the only way to stop it reliably is to carry Poly sprays around and time using them properly (ablative armor exists, but there's only one on the entire station, and is not 100% effective).

Stunbatons and flashes and flashbangs and pepper sprays and what have you are fine by me, you have ways to avoid their stun effect by keeping distance.

Peashooters are also fine, they have range but cannot put you out of the fight with a single shot, even to the head, they can slow you enough to let people run up to you and stun them if you want to detain them.

But tasers? 100% effective, unlimited range, stuns people after which you may do whatever you damn please to them, especially if you have cuffs or some spare cables, virtually unblockable. And if the Captain or Warden opens the Armory, the security transforms into an army of full-auto unbeatable stun machines.

I played on a couple of servers and it's been ages since I've seen any more overt traitor activity, because the moment security sees you, BANG! You are cuffed! Hostage situation? Suppresive fire with Stun until everything inside stops moving, cuff everyone and let God Captain sort them out.

ENDRANT
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 16, 2013, 12:53:17 pm »

I had no clue how any of that worked, so I made it the property of Robotics. Were you even miner when I ordered the parts? The QM let me order them. I don't even know if we had you on station by the time I activated it. Comms were down for some, and almost always down for me.

I was looking at the wiki and it doesn't explain much of anything about interfaces and prompts.
How to setup a useful Mech:
1. Build it.
2. Circuitboards. (this is part of 1 but may require outside help, thus its own step)
3. Don't mess with any ID stuff. Just get in and walk it over to mechbay, unless someone needs it, then either they can come and get it or you take it to them. Leave the mech bay shutters open or have them ask you to open them when needed to charge. THe user can give it the nessesary accesses inside of it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 1654