Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 1986899 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1575 on: March 17, 2013, 10:03:51 am »

That android gave you a 1 on 1.

I need to practice more petty theft stuff like secret doors to get into places I need to be. That and hacking doors and machines.

Uncle Scrdest's guide to machine hacking:

You need the following:
a) screwdriver
b) multitool - NOT wirecutters.

Step 1: Screw the machine... I mean the maintenance panel. I mean unscrew it. By clicking it with screwdriver.
Step 2: Get the multitool in active hand and click the machine with it.
Step 3: Pray to a supernatural entity entity (IRL, not with Pray verb :P)
Step 4: Pulse the wires until you see new items show up.
Step 5: Check if the RED WIRE is blinking. If it doesn't, backtrack and find the wire that makes it blink. This is optional, really, because this wire, if the light is off, makes the machine shoot its contents out, making your hijinks quite obvious.
Step 6: Screwdriverize the panel back.
Step 7: Enjoy the access to new objects, no matter the ID.

Hack items:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: March 17, 2013, 10:07:29 am »

If I'm on, I'll probably respond to the pray command anyway :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: March 17, 2013, 10:17:36 am »

That hacking thing is useful. Thanks!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: March 17, 2013, 10:19:55 am »

If I'm on, I'll probably respond to the pray command anyway :P
I was thinking about that when chaplain but nothing was really going on..... Huh. Well that would have solved my problem.

Is it a click and drag someone to remove things like helmets when they are conscious or some specific intent with head aim? Yellow appears to be most strongarm manipulation of other entities.
From xenos experience:
Disarm intent
click them and knock them over a few times
drag them to you
tackle them if they get back up
click all their stuff rapidly
tackle them if they get back up

Eventually you should end up with a naked person. How to do this with them standing up might involve handcuffs instead.

Can I walk up to someone, click and drag, and attempt to pull stuff off without knocked them over? I know once they are down you can just clickclickclick as fast as you can and stuff pops off.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: March 17, 2013, 10:25:38 am »

Oh. WHY DO THE MEDIBOTS QUOTE M.A.S.H?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: March 17, 2013, 10:31:54 am »

You can even put stuff *coughgrenadescough* on people. Just hold it in your hand and click on an appropriate slot. They don't need to be grabbed or stunned.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: March 17, 2013, 10:37:03 am »

It's like this that makes me want to stay up. Anyway that sounds like Oswald alright, except he's more violent this round.

Hanslanda, I'm curious if you were the AI what would you have done?

When Oswald did what he did? I would have locked down the bridge and ordered (if I had one) my borg to stun and cuff him, then take him to the permabrig. If I didn't have a borg, I would order Axl Blyant and Bomrek to exit the bridge, if possible, and leave him locked down there for the duration of the round.

And if things become utterly ridiculous, I would have vented his air, killed him, and had someone card'n'wipe me for violating my laws. (This is the proper response to an AI or Borg violating their laws, btw. Requesting termination, because you probably can't self-terminate. The AI technically can, by turning off their own APC, but you aren't really dead, just unpowered and inanimate.) Sounds excessive, yes, but look at what he did. I'd call that causing harm to a human.

Never ever make me a Head Rev. Whoever did that was asking for a Rev fail.

the best revs start out from small roots, and you weren't the only headrev.  I picked two downtrodden proffessions to be the head revs, without attention to who was playing what.  And you'll be better next time.

The one time I got to be a Revhead, I was an Atmos tech (never done atmos before). I flashed my fellow Atmos tech, went and got job-changed to Security. Then, I was running around flashing criminals, because who better to have as your fellow Revs? The cook was especially good. Someone's like, "Oh noes da cook had a body!!" So I go there, and I'm like, "Yeah, you just need to come to brig and tell them it's all good, it was dead. I know what's up and you know what's up *cook walks into his backroom, I follow* so that they don't flip out next time. *Door closes, flash* Hello brother. *smile* Let's go to the brig now."

Eventually, someone stole my ID, and I ended up being put in brig by my shitcurity fellows, they had the shutters closed. After a long time calling out over the radio, a bomb went off and destroyed most of the front section of Brig. I escaped into the tunnels, and was wandering around extremely injured. Swarms of Revs roamed the halls, ganging up on and beating any non-Revs they found. It was horrifying. You haven't seen 'Robust' until you've seen a Botanist, a Janitor, an Atmos Tech, and an Assistant start wailing on one very outmatched engineer with fire extinguishers, a hatchet, and a screwdriver to the eyes.

It is amazing how fast you can break into places you shouldn't when there's thirty+ people helping you.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: March 17, 2013, 10:44:50 am »

You can even put stuff *coughgrenadescough* on people. Just hold it in your hand and click on an appropriate slot. They don't need to be grabbed or stunned.

Uh, for that to be remotely harmful you would have to activate it first, and since grenades take 3 seconds to detonate you would have no chance to escape yourself. And the only slot you can force a grenade on somebody is their hands, so they can't be stunned or lying down while you're doing it.

You might be talking about something entirely different, though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: March 17, 2013, 10:48:54 am »

Can I walk up to someone, click and drag, and attempt to pull stuff off without knocked them over? I know once they are down you can just clickclickclick as fast as you can and stuff pops off.
Probably, but I put 'from xenos experience' there for a reason, you always knock people down then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: March 17, 2013, 10:49:36 am »

Uh, for that to be remotely harmful you would have to activate it first, and since grenades take 3 seconds to detonate you would have no chance to escape yourself. And the only slot you can force a grenade on somebody is their hands, so they can't be stunned or lying down while you're doing it.

You might be talking about something entirely different, though.

There are more than just timed grenades :)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: March 17, 2013, 10:50:47 am »

Oh. WHY DO THE MEDIBOTS QUOTE M.A.S.H?

I would be worried if they didn't.

Which files are the machines quotes in?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 10:52:33 am by BigD145 »

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: March 17, 2013, 11:01:05 am »

The revs that round should have disabled that medic cyborg before killing the heads, my intent in that final showdown was to seperate the two groups and lock them down in different rooms, so I subtly blocked open a path for Axl Blyant to get out the door, and then did my best to block the revs from following.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: March 17, 2013, 11:36:03 am »

The only slot you can force a grenade on somebody is their hands, so they can't be stunned or lying down while you're doing it.

Can't you put grenade into someone's pockets by dragging and clicking Empty Pockets with grenade in your hand? Besides, as people mentioned, there are hand-detonated grenades if you construct them, and the timer itself may be set to whatever you wish, IIRC up to 9999 seconds. I don't know if you can disassemble grenades, but if you do, you could modify flashbangs or what have you if you're not Chemist.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1588 on: March 17, 2013, 11:41:23 am »

(Guide)

Hack items:

Any other machines you attempted the hack on? Like the Bar's vendor, as well as Botany's?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: March 17, 2013, 11:50:13 am »

(Guide)

Hack items:

Any other machines you attempted the hack on? Like the Bar's vendor, as well as Botany's?

I included the Bar Vendomat (as Booze Vendomat), it gives you Coffee and Tea, thus sparing you trips to the backroom if the clients request those.

Seed vendomat gives seeds for Fly Amanita, Glowshroom, Liberty Caps, Nettles and the dorfy Plump Helmets, although I'm taking wiki's word for it, I don't usually mess around with Botany. First is poisonous, the second is a spreading glowing mushroom, I think it may hurt you, third is hallucinogenic, Nettles are more or less Botany's signature weapon, and you should know Plump Helmets already :P.

The nutrient vendomat gives you Ammonia and Diethylamine, which are quite potent fertilizers.

Oh, and quite interestingly, you can hack the wall-mounted Nano-meds, they include Toxin pills afterwards, so quite useful for traitoring or when Chemistry is short on it due to the Great Vine War.

EDIT: Oh, and I really recommend Thirteen Loko if you want to get hammered quickly. Although drinking all of it will render you borderline incomprehensible due to slur and stutter for a while.

EDIT2: Hacked Seedomat also includes Reishi mycelium, soporific.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:57:30 am by scrdest »
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 1654