Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2007128 times)

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1590 on: March 17, 2013, 12:10:58 pm »

Glowshrooms give damage but make you glow very brightly when you eat them, lighting up like 80% of your view distance

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: March 17, 2013, 12:12:36 pm »

Glowshrooms give damage but make you glow very brightly when you eat them, lighting up like 80% of your view distance

Damage over time or one-time only?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: March 17, 2013, 12:22:53 pm »

Did something actually end up happening that round? I was the CE, it was going nowhere after like 2 hours, so I had to go.

Hanslanda, you can't just break your laws then have yourself wiped as AI, you're just breaking 2 laws that way.  AI can't kill anyone, maybe you could attempt to justify it if you were preventing a direct harm right then, not some theoretical future harm.  You shouldn't have a plan in case you break your laws, because you just can't break your laws.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: March 17, 2013, 12:30:43 pm »

Did something actually end up happening that round? I was the CE, it was going nowhere after like 2 hours, so I had to go.

Hanslanda, you can't just break your laws then have yourself wiped as AI, you're just breaking 2 laws that way.  AI can't kill anyone, maybe you could attempt to justify it if you were preventing a direct harm right then, not some theoretical future harm.  You shouldn't have a plan in case you break your laws, because you just can't break your laws.

Important, VERY important point. AI interprets its laws LITERALLY, according to the wording and not the spirit of the law. I don't know what our stance on law priority is, but if you ICly know someone's a traitor, until he actually does something creating danger to other crewmembers any attempts to kill him go against the laws. Follow him, announce the moment he does something wrong, yes, but with the default laws, murder is strictly verboten if you kill humans.

Note that Asimov laws say nothing about loyalty to NanoTrasen itself, they are just there to prevent AI from wrecking people's shit, no matter the allegiance. This is why 'X is only human' and 'Oxygen is toxic to humans' laws work as AI subversions, but 'Kill X' law creates a contradiction in laws.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: March 17, 2013, 12:45:35 pm »

You can even put stuff *coughgrenadescough* on people. Just hold it in your hand and click on an appropriate slot. They don't need to be grabbed or stunned.

Uh, for that to be remotely harmful you would have to activate it first, and since grenades take 3 seconds to detonate you would have no chance to escape yourself. And the only slot you can force a grenade on somebody is their hands, so they can't be stunned or lying down while you're doing it.

You might be talking about something entirely different, though.

Ever heard about remote signaller-igniter assemblies? But yeah, no good slots, sadly. Mayby you could put a backpack on them or something, or do it during surgery.

You CAN pick-pocket stuff off people tough. Just drag them on you and you can take their stuff off. I guess it almost never ever works if they aren't stunned, but hey. If they stand still or if you've got them trapped.

E: Oh, and Fayrik, most of your arguments are valid for changelings too, so we should remove them too, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 12:48:58 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: March 17, 2013, 01:00:53 pm »

Ever heard about remote signaller-igniter assemblies? But yeah, no good slots, sadly. Mayby you could put a backpack on them or something, or do it during surgery.

You CAN pick-pocket stuff off people tough. Just drag them on you and you can take their stuff off. I guess it almost never ever works if they aren't stunned, but hey. If they stand still or if you've got them trapped.

Also, as mentioned earlier, you can change timer settings to way more than 3 seconds. And reverse-pickpocketing MAY work, try clicking empty pockets with an item in your hand.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: March 17, 2013, 01:15:05 pm »

but putting stuff on others gives a message

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: March 17, 2013, 01:27:45 pm »

but putting stuff on others gives a message

Yes, but by then they are wearing an explosive on them and you are the one with the detonator, so you have an explosive leash on them. I must test surgerizing remote grenades inside people's heads/chests/groins (OUCH!) to see if they can actually explode, but if they do,you have a foolproof method of creating slaves SUBCONTRACTORS.

Added Fun, plant a remote exposive in one bodypart, and a grenade with extremely long (1800 seconds, AKA half an hour?) timer. They remove the remote one first, good chance they don't manage to get the other out in time, they try to get the timed one, you can make them A-splode. You die, they go boom.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: March 17, 2013, 01:55:58 pm »

How often do people read notes left around? Because I though it would be kinda cool/creepy to leave all these sinister notes like "You're next" if you were an antag.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: March 17, 2013, 02:07:33 pm »

Damage over time or one-time only?

Glowshrooms contain Radium, so they give radiation damage when you eat them, giving a very minor bit of toxin damage. And you do not need to eat them. Trust me, I went through all the hydroponics code. You only need to pick them up and immediately you light up like a flashlight.

Other INTERESTING THINGS:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also often called Boowells.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: March 17, 2013, 02:14:34 pm »

Glowshrooms contain Radium, so they give radiation damage when you eat them, giving a very minor bit of toxin damage. And you do not need to eat them. Trust me, I went through all the hydroponics code. You only need to pick them up and immediately you light up like a flashlight.

Other INTERESTING THINGS:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I found quite a lot of things by searching the code. God bless open source!

The coin-onna-string is new to me, quite interesting. I know some items can only be acquired with both hacked machine AND a coin. Water flower is obtained through coin, POSSIBLY with hacked seeds machine, not sure.

Also, I went through Chemistry code (fun fact: there is a recipe for Cyanide, except commented out), and I only found the usual recipes. I tried experimenting with Holy Water, but to no good results sadly. Do you know of any secret recipes hidden in other parts of the code? Also, once upon an Extended, I propose to launch space exploration on unprecedented scale, because there might be a lot of really interesting things on the various piles of SPESS debris.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 17, 2013, 02:17:22 pm »

On the topic of leaving notes around, we need some sort of "pin" item that allows you to pin papers to walls, so you could for example close the robotics desk and put a note on the shutter say "Going to pick up ripley crate. Be back soon.". It would be really nice, and could just be made in an autolathe and have every office start off with a few. Could come in different colors too.

E: Oh, and space debris is actually kinda boring. I flew around for an hour one time, and didn't see much beyond documented. The only place you can find bananium is a clown shuttle filled to the brim with it that crashed into an asteroid. There's also the comm sattelite + white ship and derelict. Then there's the mining station and the normal station. That's about it, IIRC.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:19:21 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: March 17, 2013, 02:29:51 pm »

On the topic of leaving notes around, we need some sort of "pin" item that allows you to pin papers to walls, so you could for example close the robotics desk and put a note on the shutter say "Going to pick up ripley crate. Be back soon.". It would be really nice, and could just be made in an autolathe and have every office start off with a few. Could come in different colors too.

E: Oh, and space debris is actually kinda boring. I flew around for an hour one time, and didn't see much beyond documented. The only place you can find bananium is a clown shuttle filled to the brim with it that crashed into an asteroid. There's also the comm sattelite + white ship and derelict. Then there's the mining station and the normal station. That's about it, IIRC.

There are notice boards last time I checked :3. Have you by chance seen the Wizard vendomat?

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1603 on: March 17, 2013, 02:30:34 pm »

Vactor was so kind to make me an admin on his server without me even knowing the server existed and imagine my surprise when I entered.

Currently playing music because people wanted it and I am accepting requests for songs.

Redd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: March 17, 2013, 02:31:41 pm »

we need some sort of "pin" item that allows you to pin papers to walls
chewing gum. would annoy the janitor too.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 1654