Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2008534 times)

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1605 on: March 17, 2013, 02:41:54 pm »

Yeah, I found quite a lot of things by searching the code. God bless open source!

The coin-onna-string is new to me, quite interesting. I know some items can only be acquired with both hacked machine AND a coin. Water flower is obtained through coin, POSSIBLY with hacked seeds machine, not sure.

Also, I went through Chemistry code (fun fact: there is a recipe for Cyanide, except commented out), and I only found the usual recipes. I tried experimenting with Holy Water, but to no good results sadly. Do you know of any secret recipes hidden in other parts of the code? Also, once upon an Extended, I propose to launch space exploration on unprecedented scale, because there might be a lot of really interesting things on the various piles of SPESS debris.

Mostly just hydroponics stuff, although, fun fact, you can heal people with lime juice, tomato juice, and a few other juices. IIRC, lime juice heals toxins, tomato heals brute, I think orange juice heals either kelotane or suffocation, and there was another type of juice. There's a juice for each damage type, even radiation, I think, but they only have a chance of working for each tick of chemical, rather than actual healing items, which definitely heal.
Spoiler: Hydroponics stuff (click to show/hide)

Wizard vendomat just has a bottle of wizarditis virus when hacked. Not that useful, but it can be good for confusing the station.

Oh, also, feeding the mint in the chef's room to a fat person is the best robusting method. ;)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:45:31 pm by Knirisk »
Also often called Boowells.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 17, 2013, 02:50:55 pm »

Mostly just hydroponics stuff, although, fun fact, you can heal people with lime juice, tomato juice, and a few other juices. IIRC, lime juice heals toxins, tomato heals brute, I think orange juice heals either kelotane or suffocation, and there was another type of juice. There's a juice for each damage type, even radiation, I think, but they only have a chance of working for each tick of chemical, rather than actual healing items, which definitely heal.

Wizard vendomat just has a bottle of wizarditis virus when hacked. Not that useful, but it can be good for confusing the station.

Yeah, I knew about the juices, although it's good it's been posted by you. Did you know that Tea is a mild anti-toxin? Coffee and Tea also counter Sleep-Toxin and Chloral, with Coffee being the stronger one (duh).

There is one thing about being a virologist: you got a single sample of a virus, you have an infinite supply of the virus. Well, effectively, and if you wanted to become a Cureall Virus baron, sucks to be you since it will take ages to create a decent supply, but nonetheless you can clone your cultures with 100% effectiveness, but with some delay after each cloning. So, you can use the wizarditis bottle to create enough of the virus to turn pretty much everyone and their dog into a wizzerd.

Anyway, I still don't know where that machine is. Do you have to make a circuit for it or what?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: March 17, 2013, 02:52:16 pm »

Yeah, I knew about the juices, although it's good it's been posted by you. Did you know that Tea is a mild anti-toxin? Coffee and Tea also counter Sleep-Toxin and Chloral, with Coffee being the stronger one (duh).

There is one thing about being a virologist: you got a single sample of a virus, you have an infinite supply of the virus. Well, effectively, and if you wanted to become a Cureall Virus baron, sucks to be you since it will take ages to create a decent supply, but nonetheless you can clone your cultures with 100% effectiveness, but with some delay after each cloning. So, you can use the wizarditis bottle to create enough of the virus to turn pretty much everyone and their dog into a wizzerd.

Anyway, I still don't know where that machine is. Do you have to make a circuit for it or what?

Wizard vendomat is on the wizard shuttle, of course. :P Where else would it be?

EDIT: Oh, also, if at any time you're wounded, JUST GRAB A HOT DONK-POCKET. I can't recall the amount of times I've just waltzed into the kitchen and heated up a donk-pocket to heal some damage. They are like literally one of the easiest ways to heal all damage without a medical doctor.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:56:30 pm by Knirisk »

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 17, 2013, 03:06:55 pm »

/snip

man i still have a lot of learning to do in botany :p

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: March 17, 2013, 03:10:46 pm »

/snip

I went through the hydro code to learn that stuff. The tgstation hydroponics guide is really lacking.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 17, 2013, 03:15:39 pm »

also I am sad that you have to rely on the chef to extract stuff for you. what if he's a goody-two-shoes and runs to the captain every time i inject radium into my plants?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 17, 2013, 03:18:24 pm »

we need some sort of "pin" item that allows you to pin papers to walls
chewing gum. would annoy the janitor too.

Revolution!!

Captain, please institute a "everyone must chew gum and stick it to the walls" policy so I can kill you all.

/snip

I went through the hydro code to learn that stuff. The tgstation hydroponics guide is really lacking.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 17, 2013, 03:29:21 pm »

Oh, also, if at any time you're wounded, JUST GRAB A HOT DONK-POCKET. I can't recall the amount of times I've just waltzed into the kitchen and heated up a donk-pocket to heal some damage. They are like literally one of the easiest ways to heal all damage without a medical doctor.

Duh, it's got decent amount of Tricordrazine in it, AKA the ultimate all-around damage-fixing med. But, if you want something that'll REALLY fix you up, hack a snack machine and grab Syndi-Cakes, they are actually even better and don't get cold. Plus, they are in every snack machine on the station, 5 each, so they might be more plentiful, actually, if requiring tinkering with electronics.

EDIT: also, about the coins - there's a fuckton of those in the vault, and if you ghetto hack a door, you can find bolts wire and test light wire and get in there. Although you'll probably get murderized alive by Sec, Heads and Captain.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:32:21 pm by scrdest »
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 17, 2013, 03:31:29 pm »

Oh, also, if at any time you're wounded, JUST GRAB A HOT DONK-POCKET. I can't recall the amount of times I've just waltzed into the kitchen and heated up a donk-pocket to heal some damage. They are like literally one of the easiest ways to heal all damage without a medical doctor.

Duh, it's got decent amount of Tricordrazine in it, AKA the ultimate all-around damage-fixing med. But, if you want something that'll REALLY fix you up, hack a snack machine and grab Syndi-Cakes, they are actually even better and don't get cold. Plus, they are in every snack machine on the station, 5 each, so they might be more plentiful, actually, if requiring tinkering with electronics.

Next time I play as chef I'll have to do some hacking, Sydi-Cakes for all!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 17, 2013, 03:39:42 pm »

That's what I do on slow rounds, liberate the contents of the Vending Machines for all the crew to use. Oh, and I was wrong: unlocking illegal items does, in fact, not make them un-ID-locked, that's orange wire for you.

Gruntdonttoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 17, 2013, 03:47:08 pm »

That's what I do on slow rounds, liberate the contents of the Vending Machines for all the crew to use. Oh, and I was wrong: unlocking illegal items does, in fact, not make them un-ID-locked, that's orange wire for you.

Aren't the wires randomized at the beginning of each round, or am I remembering wrong?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 17, 2013, 03:56:46 pm »

Aren't the wires randomized at the beginning of each round, or am I remembering wrong?

They are. But, you have a 1:3 chance of being shocked, and once you get shocked, you can just get patched up and never pulse that wire again on the vendomats during this round. Go hack another one and come back when 30 seconds have passed and it will un-electrify itself. Well, unless you were using Wirecutters, in which case you were doing it wrong either way.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 17, 2013, 04:00:11 pm »

also I am sad that you have to rely on the chef to extract stuff for you. what if he's a goody-two-shoes and runs to the captain every time i inject radium into my plants?

This. This pisses me off about tgstation. It's the whole working together kind of deal. Yeah, I get it, you need to do your job on the station, but it's not fun.

-There's almost nothing left to do for the engineers once the singularity gets running. Solars are pesky and time-consuming to rewire. I would actually prefer bombs being far more common, but also RCDs and machine-construction. Imagine if there was a lot more plasma aboard the station, but the scrubbers were far more efficient and oxygen supplies far greater. And space suits more common. I figure it'd be far more active, for both engineers and traitors, if the station was more pliable. This problem goes for atmos techs, too.

-Hydroponics is extremely gimped because they have to pretty much rely on the chef and chemistry to do anything meaningful aside from get fat and high.

-There's no reason to stick around chemistry aside from getting high on Mindbreaker because there's no advancement involved. You can just make a few beakers of clone/cryo for med, make a bit of tricordrazine, a bit of chloral, and you're done. I would say that you can tell a fellow chemist is a traitor right off the bat when he makes a beaker of chloral and then doesn't show up to chemistry at all anymore.

-Deadly weapons have simply far too much energy. I'd like to see laser guns with shot counts more along the lines of tasers. Right now, the captain can empty a full clip (Magazine? Battery? It's electrical, I suppose), kill two people, and have it recharge in a minute or two. Secborgs are extremely powerful because of recharging energy. One emagged secborg I had to deal with would literally empty a full battery at me and miss every shot, then empty another one, and another one. Three guns' worth. I suppose it's sec's job to deal with this and Syndies, too. Yes, I know that flashes overload cyborgs. The capacity to go on a killing spree consisting of the whole crew once you have access to the armory is insane.

-R&D is mildly limited by needing to ask other crew, but it is less so than other jobs since there's lots of tech stuff to be researched.

-I cannot for the life of me understand why medical has no access to maintenance. One time as CMO, I saw a dead person on my crew monitoring console, but they were in maintenance behind EVA. I literally stood and walked around for 15 minutes constantly asking people and the AI to let me into maintenance because there was a DEAD BODY IN IT. I eventually gave up. Well, I guess I can understand why: because medical doesn't need to do maintenance. Still, it gets kind of absurd having to walk around and ask for access to an area that assistants have access to when you're the damned CMO.

I mean, yeah, it all tailors to a theme: do your job, but at some point it starts being anti-fun in a really bad sort of way. Especially for smaller servers. I suppose the "do-your-job" theme tailors especially well with role-playing, but, quite frankly, I have a mild dislike for the RP servers (having to RP feels so very oppressive, and I actually RP better when I don't have that expectation hanging over me), but I derive a great enjoyment from learning all the various nuances things about the jobs. I'd like to see some jobs play a much more active role in the station. (Engineers have to just maintain the singularity. Boring. Atmos Techs do nothing meaningful 80% of the time.)

I'm actually considering taking up a small bit of coding for the BYOND platform. The more I read of the code, the more it makes sense, and a lot of the base functions that I can reuse are already there.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:11:25 pm by Knirisk »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 17, 2013, 04:14:50 pm »

I am apparently much worse than the AI is at avenging regicide.

Then again, esword.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 17, 2013, 04:15:19 pm »

I've been reading /tg/station's forums, and in their Bad Ideas thread, someone came up with actually a good idea: criminals should be forced to work in chain gangs, mining resources for a set time. Possibly permabrig-exclusive.

Honestly, my experiences with SPESS LAW Enforcement were: you get caught, you might IRL commit suicide to escape being bored to death. You are locked in a 2x3 tiny room with literally NOTHING to do, and that's if they don't buckle you to bed. It is effectively saying 'now fuck off for [prison time], go watch clips of cats on YouTube or whatever, we don't care'.

Especially since with our low server population (relatively), you can't even talk to a cellmate because the chances you'll get to see one, or a security guard watching the cells, or WHOEVER, is abysmally low.

Forced mining gives prisoners something to do, allows to fill for the lack of Miners (and RD needs their gold), and gives a possibility of escaping if your master plan works.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 1654