Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2001815 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8505 on: August 05, 2013, 09:09:27 am »

Escape alone can either be annoying or hell, depending on your job and other traitors. It can come in really handy when you don't have to fight the traitor HoS in escape.
Meet up with all the other taters, tell them not to board the shuttle, call shuttle when you need to, make sure it cannot be recalled, get on the shuttle, get emag and esword, emag shuttle console, esword anyone else who got on.

Better yet, weld+emag all the shuttle doors so they stay shut no matter what, then emag the console. There is literally NO way they can break through in 10 seconds.
This only works if the shuttle hallway isn't already filled with dozens of people in hardsuits despite escape being blown up and all the heads yelling "TO THE POOOODS!", tough.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: August 05, 2013, 09:18:16 am »

the best way to escape alone I find is to not actually set off any bombs until the shuttle is right about to arrive.  Hide a bomb somewheres in escape, one near each of the pods, one in the bridge and then keep a spare.  Just as the shuttle arrives set everything off, then waltz onto the now vacant shuttle in your prepared hardsuit.  Apply gun and sword where nessicary.
Nom nom nom

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: August 05, 2013, 09:27:08 am »

the best way to escape alone I find is to not actually set off any bombs until the shuttle is right about to arrive.  Hide a bomb somewheres in escape, one near each of the pods, one in the bridge and then keep a spare.  Just as the shuttle arrives set everything off, then waltz onto the now vacant shuttle in your prepared hardsuit.  Apply gun and sword where nessicary.

With emag, some luck and skill, you can have infinite, if by default pretty weak, bombs, though you risk gibbing. Also, tank transfer bombs are small enough to fit in satchels, backpacks and briefcases, which lets you hide your bombs until someone does the TSA (and, if you add an active proximity detector, doing the TSA will be their undoing).

Also, note to self: do !!SCIENCE!! if two bombs' explosive effects stack (that is, if you put both in the same tile with the same detonation code).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: August 05, 2013, 09:43:12 am »

Why would you try to blow up the pods. The pods don't have any effect on escape alone. Also, bombs are probably some of the only things I haven't done yet in SS13.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: August 05, 2013, 09:47:49 am »

With emag, some luck and skill, you can have infinite, if by default pretty weak, bombs, though you risk gibbing. Also, tank transfer bombs are small enough to fit in satchels, backpacks and briefcases, which lets you hide your bombs until someone does the TSA (and, if you add an active proximity detector, doing the TSA will be their undoing).

Also, note to self: do !!SCIENCE!! if two bombs' explosive effects stack (that is, if you put both in the same tile with the same detonation code).
Does a prox sensor on a bomb in a backpack go off when the backpack is opened?  Or when someone walks nearby?  Also bombs don't stack, I know that for sure.  Though if you know how far the blast can reach you can set up bombs in closests every 100 tiles or so, and shattter half the station.
Nom nom nom

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #8510 on: August 05, 2013, 09:49:53 am »

You ever have an antagonist round where you fail so miserably and completely that you can't even talk about it? Yeah, I just had one of those. The shame was so great that I had to ALT+F4.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: August 05, 2013, 10:00:03 am »

My advice for escape alone is simply get a decent amount of laser weaponry. Close the firelocks, shoot at anyone who goes near that. And flood the hallway to escape with plasma/co2/whatever floats your boat (or in this case floods it.)
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: August 05, 2013, 10:24:20 am »

You ever have an antagonist round where you fail so miserably and completely that you can't even talk about it? Yeah, I just had one of those. The shame was so great that I had to ALT+F4.

I once assaulted a guy that wasn't my target over the insulated gloves in front of three other people then managed to suffocate after failing to blow a hole in ONE WALL.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8513 on: August 05, 2013, 11:18:30 am »

What is alt + f4?

mikefictiti0us

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Radio Rivendell
« Reply #8514 on: August 05, 2013, 11:22:33 am »

I once assaulted a guy that wasn't my target over the insulated gloves in front of three other people then managed to suffocate after failing to blow a hole in ONE WALL.

That makes me feel... slightly better. I was a fumbling, dim-witted assistant changeling. My two absorption attempts ended in comical failure, they both managed to get up and run off before I gripped them. And I didn't take off their headsets. Yeah.

Also, my first attempt at a syndicate operative ended with me colliding into the singularity containment field...

What is alt + f4?

Rage and shame. Sometimes the only option is to silently retreat and ponder over how badly it went.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 11:35:21 am by mikefictiti0us »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: August 05, 2013, 12:14:43 pm »

Guess what is empty.
If you guess right, you get the reward of logging into the server.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: August 05, 2013, 12:46:25 pm »

Guess what is empty.
If you guess right, you get the reward of logging into the server.
Don't complain. I use those opportunities to have at least some semblence of success in my life.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: August 05, 2013, 02:11:13 pm »

Dropped the shotgun when the shuttle took off, oops.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: August 05, 2013, 02:12:20 pm »

Also, the welding tool hurts the eyes. I need a welding mask next time I try that. And I have GOT to stop getting myself stuck in stuff.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: August 05, 2013, 02:17:55 pm »

Damn you, Resources Downloading!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1654