Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2005629 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #870 on: March 06, 2013, 11:32:53 am »

Nah, that sounds pretty stupid. There always was and there probably always will be solars and then a way to generate a lot of power, enough for the entire station. Else energy management just gets tedious. We need a power system that's easy to set up wwith our relatively low population.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 06, 2013, 11:42:15 am »

Diesel engine!

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 06, 2013, 11:46:35 am »

We need a power system that's easy to set up wwith our relatively low population.

Power is easy to set up if there's one competent engineer at the start of the round. Getting the singularity working isn't that difficult, though it is dangerous. Messing up at certain stages can have lethal results.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 06, 2013, 12:14:42 pm »

There are also now cables running to the SMESs in Communications and the AI room so they can be recharged if needed.

There is an incredibly important reason why they are left unconnected from the main system. Plus, they like never run out because the rooms they power have an artificially low drain.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 06, 2013, 01:20:28 pm »

>Release singularity
>Weld arrivals shut, and flamethrower everything for good measure (especially the mime)(well done)
>Laugh as I am the only one to escape in a pod

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 06, 2013, 01:31:38 pm »

There are also now cables running to the SMESs in Communications and the AI room so they can be recharged if needed.

There is an incredibly important reason why they are left unconnected from the main system. Plus, they like never run out because the rooms they power have an artificially low drain.
And why is that?

Also, why the fuck didn't I notice you killing the mime :/

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 06, 2013, 01:34:22 pm »

Because fuck mimes.

Also, he probably didn't have any sensors on.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 06, 2013, 01:35:46 pm »

Diesel engine!
What about a small HONK engine for when we have a clown instead of engineer.

Or maybe some sort of hydro electric generator? Something crazy at least.

Because fuck mimes.
I was braindead at the time, but I resent that sentiment.
I did have some interesting ideas planned before I logged out.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 06, 2013, 01:37:21 pm »

>Release singularity
>Weld arrivals shut, and flamethrower everything for good measure (especially the mime)(well done)
>Laugh as I am the only one to escape in a pod

For note, as a traitor CE/Captain, you can so thoroughly seal off all the pods and such that it's a bit ridiculous. I haven't quite decided the best way to make the shuttle itself inaccessible, other than massive bombs/gunfire, but the Pods are easy to completely put out of service.

Step one: Go to a pod, to the inner most pod door. Have the RCD.
Step two: Build a wall inside the pod door, and the airlock door.
Step three: Weld the airlock door shut and E-mag it.
Step four: Wall inside the outer airlock door, weld and e-mag it.
Step five: Lather rinse repeat for all four pods (sec, engineer, two arrivals) 

This means, that if someone wants to get on a pod, they either have to break through TWO weld-emag-sealed doors and three walls, or they have to go to the front of the pod and bust through the windows, and if you put a wall in the first pod seat, then they can't even get in that way. You would need a few extra RCD matter cartridges to thoroughly seal the pods.
Reading the wiki, it would take 12 points of 'ammo' to put three walls in each pod entrance, or sixteen points of ammo to put in the 'optional' front seat wall. So. A single full clip for the RCD can put the pods out of decommission, and the emag will certainly make it even more likely no one will get to use the pods.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 06, 2013, 01:48:24 pm »

And then you can fill the escape arm with plasma, if needs be. Mayby even steal a hand tele and move a beacon into one of the pods.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 06, 2013, 01:49:55 pm »

I think the hand tele only ports you to active teleporters. Which, I guess, can port you to the beacon in turn.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 06, 2013, 02:18:34 pm »

No, hand tele can port you to beacons. The only beacon configured at round start is the one in the bridge tough. Altough you can move it everywhere.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 06, 2013, 02:42:49 pm »

Is it possible to keep a station going indefinately, or are there certain things that will just run out:

For example, according to the wiki, atmospherics has some rooms full of high pressure oxygen and nitrogen.  Once those are depleted, is that it?

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 06, 2013, 02:44:46 pm »

All of the things that are impossible to replace on the station last for practically forever, so in essence it is possible to play a round indefinately

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 06, 2013, 03:01:35 pm »

For example, according to the wiki, atmospherics has some rooms full of high pressure oxygen and nitrogen.  Once those are depleted, is that it?
I was the traitor yesterday and punctured those rooms. But the air circulating in the station was enough to not trigger any alarms for two hours before the shuttle was called for other reasons.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 1654