Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 1986911 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #8805 on: August 11, 2013, 02:20:56 pm »

I held the filing cabinet hostage to get Cargo off their lazy arses. Whoever plays Victor Vanleer owes me something :P

I bypassed the QM for my stuff. Those lazy bums.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8806 on: August 11, 2013, 02:43:19 pm »

I held the filing cabinet hostage to get Cargo off their lazy arses. Whoever plays Victor Vanleer owes me something :P
I AM ACCOUNTABLE FOR NOTHING
*leaps from window*
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8807 on: August 11, 2013, 05:02:17 pm »

I have no idea how to steal an AI. Thanks Ignacy!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8808 on: August 11, 2013, 05:10:58 pm »

You take it without permission.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8809 on: August 11, 2013, 05:17:23 pm »

one round on baystation (as a scientist) i ended up diplomancing my way to building 2 ais and taking one for myself. i am a rather good diplotraitor as long as i'm not dealing with you guys since i have to tiptoe my way around everything

bluh bluh no middle ground on roleplay with spacemen bluh

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8810 on: August 11, 2013, 06:35:07 pm »

Not necessarily. He got me (ARIA) that round simply by asking the Captain to hold the card when we were all on the shuttle, and I didn't throw a fit because he was staying in character and talking to me. Hell, the second time I was ever traitor I was tasked to steal the AI and did it, despite not using any traitor items and committing no crimes other than breaking into tech storage for the intellicard (which I eventually found I hadn't even needed to do); I just let things go to shit while trying to help keep order, then offered to card the AI and take it off-station.

It's far easier to stealthily cause mayhem and convince the AI to be carded to preserve itself than it is to break into upload, get past all of the security, thwart the people called by the AI, card it, get the shuttle called, and escape without being caught. I mean maybe you could take a hostage, plant a time bomb near them, and message the AI telling it that if it didn't let you capture it, you won't disarm or remove the bomb. But that's risky at best, not least because it relies on the AI player actually bothering to follow their laws and not secretly alert anyone else.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8811 on: August 11, 2013, 08:13:48 pm »

My first traitor round, I got the Steal the AI objective. So I uploaded a law demanding that the AI help me steal it. Worked out great until the AI got me caught by whining over the intercomms about me using an escape pod instead of the main shuttle, prompting the crew to go "A traitor!" and hunt me down.

Sometimes I wonder why I liked playing on TG.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8812 on: August 12, 2013, 03:24:57 am »

one round on baystation (as a scientist) i ended up diplomancing my way to building 2 ais and taking one for myself. i am a rather good diplotraitor as long as i'm not dealing with you guys since i have to tiptoe my way around everything

You haven't even played on this server.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8813 on: August 12, 2013, 05:07:37 am »

I learned that cryo levels of cold is enough to keep someone stable in crit. I learned it when I spent twenty minutes in a cryo tube with it off and I was stuck in crit.

Out of inaprov? Wrench a shower and shove someone under it. MEDICINE.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8814 on: August 12, 2013, 05:22:22 am »

I learned that cryo levels of cold is enough to keep someone stable in crit. I learned it when I spent twenty minutes in a cryo tube with it off and I was stuck in crit.

I think that may be a quality exclusive to cryo tubes. Because, you know, you're drenched in liquid oxygen and stuff.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #8815 on: August 12, 2013, 05:29:40 am »

I think that may be a quality exclusive to cryo tubes. Because, you know, you're drenched in liquid oxygen and stuff.
Pretty much. Having the tube on just continuously pumps the chemicals in when used up, and tries to cool/heat it to the temperature mentioned. If a cryo tube is full of chemicals and is as cold as possible, it will still heal people even when turned off. (I could be talking complete bullshit here, but I THINK that's how it works.) Keep in mind it's not the coldness that keeps you stable, it's the chemicals put inside which work better when in a cold environment that do it.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8816 on: August 12, 2013, 06:07:56 am »

Keep in mind it's not the coldness that keeps you stable, it's the chemicals put inside which work better when in a cold environment that do it.
now i wonder if the "coldness" has to be oxygen and if the chemicals would work splashed on your body from a bucket/beaker or ingested with a pill would work too, but i guess the chemicals are working more "from the outside" than "inside" of a body. (i guess taking them as pill would throw toxins in you too? at least i doubt that it is healthy to eat these chemicals...) also i guess the chemicals have to be "inside the coldness" (dissolved?) to work, so pills and splashing probably will not work.
like i.e.:
-take a cryo pill and go into space.
-fill a bucket with cryo chemicals, splash it on you and go into space.
-use atmos to cool down a canister of oxygen, build a room, fill the room with the cold oxygen, splash chemicals on you/take a pill and go into that room.
-use atmos to cool down a canister of plasma, build a room, fill the room with the cold plasma, splash chemicals on you/take a pill and go into that room.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8817 on: August 12, 2013, 06:37:32 am »

You haven't even played on this server.

i do not use lordslowpoke as a byond name because some donklord took it before i did, but thanks for the mild suggestion that i'm talking about something i don't know m8

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8818 on: August 12, 2013, 07:00:48 am »

Keep in mind it's not the coldness that keeps you stable, it's the chemicals put inside which work better when in a cold environment that do it.
now i wonder if the "coldness" has to be oxygen and if the chemicals would work splashed on your body from a bucket/beaker or ingested with a pill would work too, but i guess the chemicals are working more "from the outside" than "inside" of a body. (i guess taking them as pill would throw toxins in you too? at least i doubt that it is healthy to eat these chemicals...) also i guess the chemicals have to be "inside the coldness" (dissolved?) to work, so pills and splashing probably will not work.
like i.e.:
-take a cryo pill and go into space.
-fill a bucket with cryo chemicals, splash it on you and go into space.
-use atmos to cool down a canister of oxygen, build a room, fill the room with the cold oxygen, splash chemicals on you/take a pill and go into that room.
-use atmos to cool down a canister of plasma, build a room, fill the room with the cold plasma, splash chemicals on you/take a pill and go into that room.
The way the code works, you could techincally use cold showers as ghetto cryo if you had pills of cryo chems. There are only a few healing chems that give you toxin damage, and none of those are conditional.

E: Cryo is, essentially, a way to safely cool somebody down to temperatures where cryo meds have an effect and then injects those chems automatically. You can emulate these effects with a bunch of inaprovalline and a cold shower.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:11:43 am by miauw62 »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8819 on: August 12, 2013, 08:45:56 am »

One problem is that the cold showers slowly kill you, which I just tested. In about half a minute, I had taken 25 fire damage. It cools your body down to 80 degrees (down from 300), too.

Seeing this, I decided to do some science. I made a shower cold, dealt 50 brute damage to myself, stepped in, and swallowed a 30u cryoxadone pill. Not only did I heal all the brute damage in a reasonably fast time, after I swallowed the pill I even healed the fire damage the horrendously cold water was dealing to me. I jumped between 1.5 and 3 fire damage the whole time. Not only does a shower work as ghetto cryogenics, it might even work better than cryogenics itself. It flash-cools whoever steps under, almost quartering their temperature in a split second.

Since there was no reason to stop with this already amazingly useful discovery, I took it a step further. I took 30u cryoxadone (pill) and walked out an airlock with no internals or space suit. There were a few things:
  • Oxygen damage totally stalled. Normally, it takes reaching 0% health to black out, but taking enough oxygen damage (40 or so, it seems) makes you black out early. Useful.
  • Brute damage slowly moved between 5 and 7 damage as I gained and healed it. Nothing interesting.
  • Every five seconds or so I would take a few points of fire damage.
90u wasn't much different, except I took even less fire damage. Alas, it seems you cannot survive space indefinitely by chugging tons of cryoxadone when you go out. Still, it'll keep you going a lot longer than you should be able to.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 09:05:59 am by Jacob/Lee »
Pages: 1 ... 586 587 [588] 589 590 ... 1654