Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2005735 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #885 on: March 06, 2013, 03:03:16 pm »

I read somewhere that, if a character were locked into a 1x1 room with no venting, it would take, iirc, days before they would choke to death.

So yeah, atmos is only an issue once there's breaches, fires, plasma, or people you want to kill.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 06, 2013, 03:05:23 pm »

Still a good idea to set it up properly tough, so that you can fill breaches much faster. And SOMEHOW, the Quartermaster's office ALWAYS gets an atmos alarm.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 06, 2013, 03:05:52 pm »

They probably never close the airlocks properly or something.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 06, 2013, 03:09:24 pm »

Is it possible to keep a station going indefinately, or are there certain things that will just run out:

For example, according to the wiki, atmospherics has some rooms full of high pressure oxygen and nitrogen.  Once those are depleted, is that it?
Nah.
Everything is replaceable in SS13. Nearly. I think the only thing you really can't replace is the Clown's Mask.
I mean, where you get the gasses I'm not sure, but you can refill tanks, you just need to find a source of gas.
(As long as the pressure rooms remain intact, you can just recirculate new gas in through the mixing system, the splitters do your work for you.)

...Can you order new N2 and O2 tanks? If so then you've go no problem you can't solve.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 06, 2013, 03:16:06 pm »

Updated my map, version tgstation.2.1.2-L3

*Removed the end connecting wire to the AI and Comms SMESs. It's very simple now to wire them to charge from the main loop but they start out isolated.
*Moved around some more holopads. The Dining area holopad is now on the stage, because even computers want to sing to a crowd sometimes.
*There are now two more costume racks in the Theatre back room.One of the racks will always contain a full clown outfit, previously they were all randomized.
*Added a second connection from the engine SMESs to the main loop in the maintenance hallway next to the SMESs. Previously there was a sole point of failure for the whole main loop out in the aft hallway in front of Engineering.
*The external windows to the solar panel control rooms are now electrified from the HV loop. The airlocks are still as safe as normal and there are maintenance hallway windows next to each array that are safe to break into if you need to get in that way.
*Added an air alarm to the dormitory toilets.
*There's a rolled up poster in the evidence locker. Don't take it, it's contraband.

I'd like to point out that I don't have any actual say as to whether or not my maps get used on the server. I just make them, post them, and listen to suggestion.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 06, 2013, 03:16:21 pm »

You cannot replace exhausted minerals.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 06, 2013, 03:19:13 pm »

Everything is replaceable in SS13. Nearly. I think the only thing you really can't replace is the Clown's Mask.
Nah there are plenty of things that cannot be replaced.

...Can you order new N2 and O2 tanks?
No

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 06, 2013, 03:47:32 pm »

I suppose you could just keep ordering air tanks, and living off internals if you did somehow use up all the air.

Minerals would eventually run out, but you don't need those to live, right?

You can order plasma tanks and metal whenever you want.

Although that'd be a very long, very boring round...

So really, in effect, all Atmos is good for is putting nasty things into the air supply...

Also, why does the round keep going after the antagonists are killed? Shouldn't something happen? Is there a win condition for the crew in traitor rounds, aside from taking the shuttle with the traitor dead/in jail?  I mean, shouldn't there be a way to end the round with something like "And they continued normally on the space station for the rest of their shift"? 

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 06, 2013, 03:49:30 pm »

Technically, you don't need air to live either.

Unless this code has no no-breathing mutation.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 06, 2013, 03:53:45 pm »

Also, why does the round keep going after the antagonists are killed? Shouldn't something happen? Is there a win condition for the crew in traitor rounds, aside from taking the shuttle with the traitor dead/in jail?  I mean, shouldn't there be a way to end the round with something like "And they continued normally on the space station for the rest of their shift"?

Its normal for players on other servers to just call the shuttle once they believe all the traitors are in custody or killed. That custom hasnt really followed to this server though.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 06, 2013, 03:57:57 pm »

From a RP perspective, calling the shuttle is basically mission failure, no? I mean, we're supposed to be researching plasma and what not, then the syndicate or whoever tries to mess that up. If we all go home, haven't they succeeded? Shouldn't the ultimate victory against a traitor be locking him in the prison compartment of the shuttle and just sending him home? Or failing that, sending his body, or just telling centcom you found and killed a traitor?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 06, 2013, 04:00:43 pm »

It's always been a problem on every server, the general solution is the creation of an artificial emergency by characters who realize that the round is decided, barring ongoing roleplay spiralling out of control in retributive violence or admin interference. If the round just ended when the antags die it would interrupt entertaining roleplay more often than not, so nothing like that has ever been implemented to my knowledge. Wizard is the only round with that end condition, and it's often the most irritating end.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 06, 2013, 04:01:21 pm »

Wizards suck anyway.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 06, 2013, 04:06:46 pm »

Last time I play engineer. I get ganked by space carp far too easily.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 06, 2013, 04:21:59 pm »

From a RP perspective, calling the shuttle is basically mission failure, no? I mean, we're supposed to be researching plasma and what not, then the syndicate or whoever tries to mess that up. If we all go home, haven't they succeeded? Shouldn't the ultimate victory against a traitor be locking him in the prison compartment of the shuttle and just sending him home? Or failing that, sending his body, or just telling centcom you found and killed a traitor?

First off, no, because a lot of players dont like seeing the shuttle as the way to escape a fucked place only but rather choose to see it with a more utilitarian approach. But yeah, bring the traitor in the brig part or bringing his body back is in my mind a strong victory.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 1654