Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2005912 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #840 on: March 05, 2013, 07:31:43 pm »

Holopads are like everywhere already

There are a lot of holopads, but they way they are placed means that the AI avatar can't 'walk' more than like, 15% of the station. You can only walk about 7 tiles away from the pad, and most of the pads are like 12-15 tiles from each other.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 05, 2013, 07:34:55 pm »

What if we added more holopads around the place? More places for the AI to go and pop-up and be sorta inperson.
That'd be fantastic! There weren't many places that I couldn't get to during that event, I have previously noticed a few places that would be nice to jump to that I couldn't reach. I can't remember them now, but any more I find I will keep track of.
It's more of a case that they need to be added to the lesser visited areas, rather than in closer intervals... Though only by trial and testing can I really get back to you on that.

SeRun did a great job adding to the atmosphere, by the way. Holograming in person instead of just being the overwatching intangible eye of the station made things a little neater.
Thanks! I kept popping up like that because it was sort of like being there myself then. Even if I was just some particles of light and nearly totally immune to a fire axe.
I got kind of frustrated at one point because I kept having to drop holograms mid sentence to go and check on things else where, but I imagine that having a hologram flicker out of existence while it reacts somewhere else only added to the awesome atmosphere for you guys.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 05, 2013, 07:36:20 pm »

SeRun did a great job adding to the atmosphere, by the way. Holograming in person instead of just being the overwatching intangible eye of the station made things a little neater.

Exactly, I loved my interactions with SeRun. Added so much to it for me.

I got kind of frustrated at one point because I kept having to drop holograms mid sentence to go and check on things else where, but I imagine that having a hologram flicker out of existence while it reacts somewhere else only added to the awesome atmosphere for you guys.

I agree. When you left me hanging in engineering, I freaked.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 07:40:27 pm by Glloyd »

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 05, 2013, 07:51:02 pm »

Holopads are like everywhere already

There are a lot of holopads, but they way they are placed means that the AI avatar can't 'walk' more than like, 15% of the station. You can only walk about 7 tiles away from the pad, and most of the pads are like 12-15 tiles from each other.

They dont work how you are thinking they might. The hologram will ALWAYS be limited to range from the originating pad, cannot jump between pads automatically (because there are some areas where the pads are close enough where it would work if possible)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #844 on: March 05, 2013, 07:55:42 pm »

My guy was a tad genre-savvy on horror movies and such (Almost got in trouble with the admin due to mentioning a changeling like in The Thing), and thought of doing something no other victim has done with a mad horror movie villain, hit it up with some hard drugs. It would either break them worse than they already were, or cure them of whatever had driven them into madness. Or make them enjoy a good trip and chill out for a few moments. Too bad we can't make peyote smoke bombs that gets everyone caught in the cloud higher than a kite, and tripping out.

Having recently come across face-melting and such, next Welder round, I'm going to try and melt his mask off, see what's underneath.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Despite his horror-savviness, he did fall into that observation room trap. Maybe shouldn't have gone inside inside, and instead, just look around the doorway. Oops.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:09:18 pm by Itnetlolor »

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 05, 2013, 08:11:52 pm »

So. Just played clown.
Turns out singularity was down for the count that round so we were just constantly losing power, but hey.
I don't know if anyone had noticed, but I'd been sneaking around the ship stealing items of little worth. I didn't do too well when I took the emergency toolkit from the aux storage room... Some how got accused of stealing glass too! But hey, I didn't stop there and it was so worth it.
I'm thinking of making a more permanent CLOWNING character.
Expect more in the future.

Ho
nk!
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 05, 2013, 08:19:14 pm »

Hey, were you my Acting Chief Engineer/Head of Honking?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #847 on: March 05, 2013, 08:24:58 pm »

Hey, were you my Acting Chief Engineer/Head of Honking?
Also, weren't you who I first tested my face-melter acid spray on? That sure was effective. Melted your suicide note while at it.

If you want, to make amends, I can always replace the water in the spray flower with acid or space lube, chloral hydrate, or LSD and space drugs. Add to your comedy routine; albeit, I have an Umgah's sense of humor on that level. Metal foam flower spray is always an awesome joke.

EDIT:
That was directed at Fayrik, actually.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 08:31:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 05, 2013, 08:26:43 pm »

No, I don't think I've been face-melted. Yet...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 05, 2013, 08:42:46 pm »

No, I don't think I've been face-melted. Yet...

Best feeling in the world: Being a security officer, and trying to arrest a Chemist and getting this message:
[The Chemist] sprays you with something!
Your helmet protects you from the substance!
Your helmet is melting!
[The Chemist] is hit in the head by the electrode!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 05, 2013, 08:46:22 pm »

Holopad locations, looking at the tgstation map on the wiki:
AI Core, Upload (obvious places, center of the station)

Station core: HoP Office, Teleporter, Captain's office, Bridge, Meeting room? (between HoP and the bridge): Right next to the AI's room and its holopads, making a total of 7 holopads in a small but somewhat important core of the station.

Medbay: Medbay lobby, surgery observation, cloning pod room, Virology, CMO's office, sleeper room next to Cryo: Right across the hall from the captain's office. Plenty covered already, except for Chemistry. (There is both not much use and not much room for one in the morgue) 13 holopads total now.

Research Division: Mech Bay, Robotics, R&D, RD's office, Toxins main room, top part of Xenobiology, and a point in the hallway more or less equally between the toxins door, toxins storage, and xenobiology: Right next to Medbay, well covered. Maybe add one more if the AI wanted to watch slimes in-holoperson for some reason. Now up to 20 holopads.

North of Medbay/R&D: One in the south of the library and in escape wing, but not the chapel in between the two? Also, the main area of the bar has a holopad, kitchen and hydroponics do not. Dorm and the room before the VR room both have a holopad, but putting one in the VR room would probably break the effect in there. In general, this area is also only a hallway or two from the main core of holopads. 25 holopads total.

West of the Bridge: EVA has a holopad. The Gateway, Tool storage, the room across the hall from tool storage, and Arrivals in general have no holopads anywhere.

Supply Sector: Cargo office, QM office have holopads, Mining dock and the disposals/mailing room do not, but usually no one is in the mining dock anyway unless they've returned or its roundstart. Up to 28 holopads.

Engineering: Atmos console room, the room between Atmosia and the engine room, CE's Office have holopads. Engine Room has dual holopads. I would suggest one in Atmos but its confusing to look at for the untrained as it is without one. 33 holopads with only security unaccounted for.

Security: Courtroom has one, the two rooms above it next to the pod both have one, Warden's office has one, the permabrig has one, and theres also one in the hallway leading from the main hallway. A total of 39 holopads throughout the whole station.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 05, 2013, 09:16:14 pm »

So, as AI, I usually rapidly cycle through following everyone on camera, and put the Friend Computer on AI Display or Status. Because my eyes are always upon you.
He's fucking with us.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 05, 2013, 09:49:08 pm »

Well, I just found out that the Welder is from the Chzo Mythos. I was completely unaware to this, and just made up my own story for last night's round. I can do an actual Welder round some other time, now that I actually know what he's from.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 05, 2013, 09:53:57 pm »

Oh man, those games are fun. I would diverge information, but SPOILERS and I do not like spoiling things.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 06, 2013, 12:06:11 am »

Okay, since I was playing through Trilby's notes and died, immediately realizing that I didn't save after thirty minutes, I'm going to be on for an hour or so. If we get more people on, we can have some more possibly fun stuff going on.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 1654