Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 1986920 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1515 on: March 16, 2013, 01:03:16 pm »

So you can get in without using your ID on it? Now I know.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 16, 2013, 01:35:33 pm »

DEATH

RIPLEEEEEY

I love you Akylon.

Also, dat epilogue of me chasing Greatorder the Lizard Woman.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 01:47:42 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 16, 2013, 02:34:43 pm »

So from how I take it the RP requirement of this server is akin to that of OOOOOOLLLLLLD BS12 (I'm talking Johbson hosting old... like, 2009ish)?

EDIT: Wait did anyone even play SS13 back then that plays it now?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 02:36:42 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 16, 2013, 02:37:59 pm »

Sometimes it depends on what kind of round it is, and which admins are on. Although usually I think we tend to be serious RP, that can still be silly at times. I like to think we're a step or two down from Baystation 12, in regards to that aspect.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 16, 2013, 02:39:45 pm »

Eh well I'll give it a go. Haven't played in forever.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: March 16, 2013, 02:46:07 pm »

So from how I take it the RP requirement of this server is akin to that of OOOOOOLLLLLLD BS12 (I'm talking Johbson hosting old... like, 2009ish)?

EDIT: Wait did anyone even play SS13 back then that plays it now?

it is fairly similar to the johbson era ( I played then)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 16, 2013, 02:55:42 pm »

A hectic round and some new dilemmas for me on how to act as AI...
Also, Glloyd, Just because you got access as captain does not mean you should go anywhere and poke anything you might need at the moment.

Oh, and the people playing borg that round, any suggestions on what to do to improve my AI?

I thought we behaved well, the humans just mistrusted our judgement too much.  As a security robot, it would be silly if we let criminals go because they order us to.  When someone has attacked people, their apprehension and containment is what prevents harm to other humans.  In the case of Randall B Evans, he escaped from handcuffs when first arrested, the second arrest he was caught red handed, and all precautions were taken by borg-180 to keep him in custody, such as keeping him stunned until someone came to take him into custody.

It didn't help that a random law was uploaded that had no bearing on our actions, but furthered suspicion of us.

Haha, I can't believe I was let go... twice. Although I don't think the borg should have beat me to death the second time... I was stuck in a cell after all...  That first time I was shocked to find the door to maintenance hacked and electrified, as I had a body to drag in there, and couldn't. I was busted, but I tried to blame it on brain rot.  I don't know why I wasn't outed then and there.
I was so surprised when I was cloned! 
Anyway, I got carried away trying to drag people into tunnels and steal their DNA.  It was tough though, with a watchful AI, and two cyborgs roaming the halls and maintenance tunnels.

My target was Axl, but he got drafted into security for some reason, and I just couldn't get to him. What was up with that anyway? We only had two engineers, and one gets pulled into security when we already have security, bots, ai, and HoS?

I think my fellow Lings may have acted a bit rashly, but they probably think I was too slow... I think we could have been secret a while longer though.

I would have been much more effective as a Ling except Brainrot just totally fucked me. You have no idea how frustrating it is to type say ":g [text]" and very carefully go over it twice just to be sure you didn't fuck it up, then hit enter and your character SCREAM OVER THE COMMS ":G [TEXT].!!" Brainrot also screwed me out of eating the clown when I had the chance, but I was far too cautious. I never ate anyone. So, both the times I've been an antag, it's been Ling, and I've utterly failed both times. Although I did make Security chase me around the station for a LOOONG time before they caught me. It helped I had a Hardsuit stashed somewhere, so when the tunnels got sketchy, I could float outside and sneak around that way.
At one point, I dashed into security, stunned a cop IN FULL VIEW OF THE WARDEN, snatched him up, and dashed back into the tunnels with my prize. Unfortunately he got up and I somehow missed him with the energy gun in a 1-wide tunnel.
Also, when they caught me, I silence-stung everyone in the brig because fuck you security. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: March 16, 2013, 04:06:09 pm »

Note to self (and others): When you say 'Eh, it'll be over quick, don't worry.', don't say it when the plan is Alien vs. Wizard vs. (missing) traitor. Apparently that does not have such a short lifespan as we anticiplated. (current round length: 2 hours and counting)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 16, 2013, 04:06:22 pm »

I just had the most fun in a round, a round I only played for 5 minutes, in a long time.

I join the station as Checkers de Honk, the clown. I proceed to walk around the station, HONKing at people I see, try to see if I can get a HONK mech made but research wing seemed to be damaged as there was no atmosphere. So I proceed back near the AI chamber and I see someone in a Security hardsuit. I think it would be a great prank to have him accidently slip on a banana peel I would carelessly discard. But then a wizard comes along. I Honk at him some. The wizard appears to flee, his ears cannot withstand the HONK. I throw the banana peel in front of him, he slips on it, and drops an energy gun and his wizard staff. I decide I would assist him back to his feet by removing the wizard staff from his area, because it was clearly an obstacle. He begins shooting at me with the energy gun after he got back up and I ran. Eventually this pursuit crosses paths with the Captain, and at the same time I would try to use the staff to save myself from this unjust attack on the HONK. The staff fires a spell, but hits the Captain and turns him into a monkey. The wizard then casts some kind of fireball and slays me.

Very fun!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: March 16, 2013, 04:08:23 pm »

So thats why he said he was busy doing that...
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: March 16, 2013, 04:34:09 pm »

Being a janitor is hilariously awesome during an alien infestation. I was riding the janicart with a security hardsuit on, killing aliens with a combat shotgun and energy gun.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: March 16, 2013, 04:35:06 pm »

Being a janitor is hilariously awesome during an alien infestation. I was riding the janicart with a security hardsuit on, killing aliens with a combat shotgun and energy gun.

This is the most badass thing I have ever heard of in my life.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: March 16, 2013, 04:36:27 pm »

This is the most badass thing I have ever heard of in my life.

The true priest of the Karmakarp. Disregard the Chaplain usurping that role.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: March 16, 2013, 04:36:40 pm »

God aliens bore me so much.

I honestly thought we were done with this when everyone seemed to agree that aliens were fundamentally unbalanced.
Well, I guess all I can do is hope that I'm not going to have to sit through many more of these god awful rounds.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: March 16, 2013, 04:39:22 pm »

THey aren't fundamentally unbalanced (otherwise everything except the crew is, to various degrees), they're unbalanced in bulk and in plasma. Especially in both at once. Otherwise you jsut need to have good doge and a couple people.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 1654