Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 1986204 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #1530 on: March 16, 2013, 04:40:50 pm »

Well, traitor round.

Bye!
Can't delay it if Its not connectin.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: March 16, 2013, 04:41:59 pm »

they're unbalanced in bulk and in plasma. Especially in both at once.
Half of that is the fundamental unbalancing. As the crew members die, the aliens grow.
Either the crew wins in the first 5 minutes and it's no fun for that one alien who died, or the aliens win. There's no fight to it.
Unless you have a wizard apparently. But that still doesn't fix the problem.
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: March 16, 2013, 04:42:18 pm »

God aliens bore me so much.

I honestly thought we were done with this when everyone seemed to agree that aliens were fundamentally unbalanced.
Well, I guess all I can do is hope that I'm not going to have to sit through many more of these god awful rounds.

Use your brain when fighting the aliens. Just shooting at them is a TERRIBLE, DOOMED plan unless there's exactly ONE of them. You need to come up with another plan if you want to win an aliens round. :P It's only not-fun when you let it be not fun.

For example, an Engineering borg can totally screw aliens over in every possible way without ever killing a single one. Robusting is not everything.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: March 16, 2013, 04:46:34 pm »

Also, a note on robusting:

Despite what common sense and Gordon Freeman tell you, crowbar is awful robust-wise. If you have to use it, break a window with it and grab a piece of glass to turn into a makeshift shuriken, they deal three times the damage of normal crowbar hit. If you have a toolbox, better grab a screwdriver and go for the eyes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: March 16, 2013, 04:51:35 pm »

Also, a note on robusting:

Despite what common sense and Gordon Freeman tell you, crowbar is awful robust-wise. If you have to use it, break a window with it and grab a piece of glass to turn into a makeshift shuriken, they deal three times the damage of normal crowbar hit. If you have a toolbox, better grab a screwdriver and go for the eyes.

Indeed, and remember people: Disarm intent. I disarmed a Death Squad member and took his gun, and despite whatever bullshittery went on, I had him at my mercy for a LONG FRAKKING TIME because of one lucky swing. If someone falls down in combat, they are DEAD. Unless there's more than one, then you just bought yourself a reprieve and evened the playing field. Stun function on energy guns is FAR more dangerous than the lethal setting, except against hulks/aliens/spiders/carp/borgs.

Also, the RCD is one of the most awesome devices on station. With a single RCD clip, a welding tool, and an emag, I can screw over all the pods.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: March 16, 2013, 04:55:00 pm »

Indeed, and remember people: Disarm intent. I disarmed a Death Squad member and took his gun, and despite whatever bullshittery went on, I had him at my mercy for a LONG FRAKKING TIME because of one lucky swing. If someone falls down in combat, they are DEAD. Unless there's more than one, then you just bought yourself a reprieve and evened the playing field. Stun function on energy guns is FAR more dangerous than the lethal setting, except against hulks/aliens/spiders/carp/borgs.

Yeah, I wrote a rant about Stun and Tasers a bit earlier today. Yet another robustness tip, you can counter Disarm by simply switching to the other hand until you actually want to use the weapon (think there's a hotkey for that, even), and they will disarm your free hand.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: March 16, 2013, 05:14:42 pm »

Use your brain when fighting the aliens. Just shooting at them is a TERRIBLE, DOOMED plan unless there's exactly ONE of them.
So, getting behind one and shooting it still won't work because they're immune to any projectile weapon, even if there is EXACTLY ONE of them?

C'mon, you're telling me to use common sense. You can't disarm an alien. That's some common sense right there.
I mean heck, the one that killed me last round was busy doing something else when I attacked it.
It didn't even flinch from that shotgun shell to the chest.
And, of course I couldn't shoot it twice, because by the time I'd reloaded he'd already disarmed me.

Yeah, I wrote a rant about Stun and Tasers a bit earlier today. Yet another robustness tip, you can counter Disarm by simply switching to the other hand until you actually want to use the weapon (think there's a hotkey for that, even), and they will disarm your free hand.
I'd noticed that trick out of combat at one point. It's entirely useless in combat however, as you're actually trying to use the weapon you're holding.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: March 16, 2013, 06:38:51 pm »

Fukken Carp.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: March 16, 2013, 07:23:08 pm »

I just showed Lilan Hawkins how to win at the arcade.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: March 16, 2013, 07:25:04 pm »

Alas, I am a terrible traitor.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: March 16, 2013, 07:41:23 pm »

Being a janitor is hilariously awesome during an alien infestation. I was riding the janicart with a security hardsuit on, killing aliens with a combat shotgun and energy gun.

How did you even get a hold of those things? Some security officer went down or captain/acting captain decided "fuck it. guns for everyone."?

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: March 16, 2013, 07:47:19 pm »

I just showed Lilan Hawkins how to win at the arcade.
And then Lilian won at all the arcade machines.

It happens, I guess.
I'm pretty awful at being a traitor too.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: March 16, 2013, 07:57:13 pm »

Man, epilepsy sucks.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: March 16, 2013, 08:17:19 pm »

It happens, I guess.
I'm pretty awful at being a traitor too.

The upside is I had a long time to reflect on how I went wrong.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: March 16, 2013, 08:53:57 pm »

Man, epilepsy sucks.
It's not that bad. Really.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 1654