Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 1986471 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11445 on: November 04, 2013, 02:50:48 pm »

Nightscar you could just look up the times in the Space Law book, of course you really shouldn't do it in front of the prisoners, makes you look unprofessional and newish.  :P

You can also make something up, as long as it's sort of reasonable, such as a crime IRL that isn't a crime in game. Such as Criminal Conspiracy. :P

And the best part is, they can't argue with you, because you're the police. All arguing with you does is make you more corrupt and less likely to be fair with their punishments.
*cough*totallyrandomandnotatallrelatedtothatCultround*cough*

Why are you quoting my post without adding anything yourself? :P
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #11446 on: November 04, 2013, 04:03:37 pm »

server is back up
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11447 on: November 04, 2013, 04:11:00 pm »

Woo!

Also, semi random question, how do you set up a server to use a different map?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11448 on: November 04, 2013, 04:20:16 pm »

You have to compile it that way with dream. Main map is a tick mark.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11449 on: November 04, 2013, 05:04:00 pm »

Ah, hanks.

O THE SHI MAPS

AND MY T KEY IS ODD TODAY.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11450 on: November 04, 2013, 05:32:55 pm »

Maybe if we added micro-objectives, we could have it so there's a small chance of getting them and have them promote teamwork?

I'm rarely NOT doing something that would get me arrested if caught. Sure, sometimes it's just "chute myself then break back out of Cargo", but again, things are always happening.

---

I've considered adding a few traitor items, and the random-kits as well. I've considered:
Purchasable:
D20 of Discomfort (DD20): Looks like a D20, unless examined. Examining shows that the "20" has a small hole in it.
To prime it, roll it in your hand, then throw. It's basically a tear gas grenade.
Death Deck: A deck of cards. They can only be drawn by the hand (7 cards), and a hand can be thrown for heavy damage against someone without armor on. (Possibly only give a hand, and have each individual card semideadly. Should take about 4 to crit someone.
DDPAT Cloak: Wearing this makes you invisible to the AI, but players will see you in a stupid, colorful getup.
Shade Cloak: Wearing this makes you almost transparent- useful in darker areas, but in bright lights, it's almost useless.
Screecher: Injectible, making a certain gesture activates it. It gives off an EMP wave as well as a loud, disorienting screech. Using it rapidly may cause it to burn out (about once every two minutes is ok?)
Blackout: Injectable device, gesture activated. Using it produces a very low frequency pulse that breaks nearby lights, and can short out electronics very close by. Same cooldown as the screecher.
---
Kits- Contains some non-purchasable items.
Modern Hunter:
Contains DDPAT Cloak, Screecher, and "M8 Pirate" rifle. ((Overall about worth twelve points: the rifle is 7 (four three-round-bursts, about that of a pistol), Screecher at 3, and Cloak at 2))
Silent Stalker:
Contains Shade Cloak, Blackout, and "MAC-S" submachinegun. (Overall, 12~13. The submachinegun is quiet, and contains 16 rounds (weaker than the pistol) might be worth 6, Blackout is easily 4~5, Shade Cloak is 2~3.)
Gambler:
Contains DD20, Death Deck, an e-mag, and some space bucks.
Prankster:
Contains two spraybottles of lube, two toner packs, a box of snap-pops, and a Super Pop (explosive, though nonlethal- like the chemgrenade explosive)
Doppelganger:
Contains a voice changer, a chameleon jumpsuit, A PDA Encoder (allows changing the name of your PDA, the sending name and who it says it is for on examination), and a Face Mask (Mask that you can change the name of, wearing it gives you the name you input, can change multiple times? Maybe only once?)
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11451 on: November 04, 2013, 05:35:45 pm »

I'd rather see job objectives like HoP. Detective-have a lit cigarette in your mouth at round end.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11452 on: November 04, 2013, 05:40:31 pm »

Maybe if we added micro-objectives, we could have it so there's a small chance of getting them and have them promote teamwork?

I'm rarely NOT doing something that would get me arrested if caught. Sure, sometimes it's just "chute myself then break back out of Cargo", but again, things are always happening.

---

I've considered adding a few traitor items, and the random-kits as well. I've considered:
Purchasable:
D20 of Discomfort (DD20): Looks like a D20, unless examined. Examining shows that the "20" has a small hole in it.
To prime it, roll it in your hand, then throw. It's basically a tear gas grenade.
Death Deck: A deck of cards. They can only be drawn by the hand (7 cards), and a hand can be thrown for heavy damage against someone without armor on. (Possibly only give a hand, and have each individual card semideadly. Should take about 4 to crit someone.
DDPAT Cloak: Wearing this makes you invisible to the AI, but players will see you in a stupid, colorful getup.
Shade Cloak: Wearing this makes you almost transparent- useful in darker areas, but in bright lights, it's almost useless.
Screecher: Injectible, making a certain gesture activates it. It gives off an EMP wave as well as a loud, disorienting screech. Using it rapidly may cause it to burn out (about once every two minutes is ok?)
Blackout: Injectable device, gesture activated. Using it produces a very low frequency pulse that breaks nearby lights, and can short out electronics very close by. Same cooldown as the screecher.
---
Kits- Contains some non-purchasable items.
Modern Hunter:
Contains DDPAT Cloak, Screecher, and "M8 Pirate" rifle. ((Overall about worth twelve points: the rifle is 7 (four three-round-bursts, about that of a pistol), Screecher at 3, and Cloak at 2))
Silent Stalker:
Contains Shade Cloak, Blackout, and "MAC-S" submachinegun. (Overall, 12~13. The submachinegun is quiet, and contains 16 rounds (weaker than the pistol) might be worth 6, Blackout is easily 4~5, Shade Cloak is 2~3.)
Gambler:
Contains DD20, Death Deck, an e-mag, and some space bucks.
Prankster:
Contains two spraybottles of lube, two toner packs, a box of snap-pops, and a Super Pop (explosive, though nonlethal- like the chemgrenade explosive)
Doppelganger:
Contains a voice changer, a chameleon jumpsuit, A PDA Encoder (allows changing the name of your PDA, the sending name and who it says it is for on examination), and a Face Mask (Mask that you can change the name of, wearing it gives you the name you input, can change multiple times? Maybe only once?)

Doppelganger is redundant and rather overpowered. There's already a set like that, agent ID, voice mask, shoes and Chameleon Jumpsuit.

Blackout is redundant, there's already an injectable EMP kit.

Screecher is basically a traitorized newling ability

Shadecloak and DDPAT won't be used, since you can always use a Chameleon Projector that hides your from everyone, including AI, works both in darkness and light, although is a bit more effective in the former, and with a cigarette butt is virtual invisibility anyways.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11453 on: November 04, 2013, 06:21:03 pm »

Nightscar you could just look up the times in the Space Law book, of course you really shouldn't do it in front of the prisoners, makes you look unprofessional and newish.  :P

You can also make something up, as long as it's sort of reasonable, such as a crime IRL that isn't a crime in game. Such as Criminal Conspiracy. :P

And the best part is, they can't argue with you, because you're the police. All arguing with you does is make you more corrupt and less likely to be fair with their punishments. -QUOTE FAIL, ALSO STOP PUTTING SUCH LARGE SPACES AFTER YOU QUOTE SOMEONE. :P IT CONFUSES ME, I AM SLOW AND EASILY BEWILDERED.

Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11454 on: November 04, 2013, 06:23:19 pm »

I AM SLOW AND EASILY BEWILDERED.

Well, you ARE a panda.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11455 on: November 04, 2013, 06:27:26 pm »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11456 on: November 04, 2013, 06:29:29 pm »

Sounds good for medics after that one corpse in space...
Highly Opinionated Fool

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11457 on: November 04, 2013, 06:31:52 pm »

Sounds good for medics after that one corpse in space...
And terrorists wishing to level the station from the comforts of their own lab.

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11458 on: November 04, 2013, 06:32:41 pm »

To sum it up you use math to teleport with precision accuracy. Looks like you're never getting away from mathematics and equations. They're watching and waiting...
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11459 on: November 04, 2013, 06:34:48 pm »

I'm in the process of unfucking MULE's and the mail system. It'll be fixed the next time the server is updated. Any other issues with the map that have come up?
Pages: 1 ... 762 763 [764] 765 766 ... 1654