Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 2010185 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11955 on: November 17, 2013, 01:25:18 am »

I half-assed killing b_knight because I was bored and accidentally spent all of my telecrystals without thinking. Didn't really feel like running around setting something up for the next thirty minutes, so I took the easy way out.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11956 on: November 17, 2013, 01:27:01 am »

Also, you can't command the AI to not consider someone human.

i'd like to hear the explanation/rationale for this, as i don't understand it exactly. since theres a onehuman standard board, shouldn't the inverse also be allowable?

I believe by command he's referring to actually telling the AI that someone isn't human. Doing it through rules should definitively work, since the laws pretty much trump everything.

I don't get it either, at no point does defining a human go against any of the laws (well, besides the fact that AI should resist attempts to upload such law due to it causing harm to de-humaned person). The laws simply tell the AI to protect humans, the definiton of humans is not stated by default and as such cannot supersede any other definition.

A few things about this:

The order of the laws isn't just to show priority, it is the mechanical order in which they are processed.  Remember laws like this are based in the old days of computers that could only handle a single argument at a time.

If we presume that the AI has no definition of what a human is or what harm is, then the laws are meaningless, and a non-corrupted AI can just go nuts and kill the crew all the time, in any round.

There is a reason the "One Human Law" creates a 0th Law.  It needs to be processed before Law 1 in order for it to work as intended.  If you try to  use a free form law and make it 4th or 5th, it would be overridden by law 1, unless you are in fact the only human.

If you want to do one human + other stuff, use the One Human Module to create a 0th law, then freeform in your additional laws as 4th 5th etc.  This is the best way to do it and it makes it very clear for the AI player how they should behave.  Making a freeform one human law just creates confusion.

Sorry to bring this up, Had a debate about free-forms and someone was saying we could use 4th laws to define the 1st law. Then Connor James used it to make a 4th law saying that the A.I. had to quote poetry every minute or the crew would come to harm. Then when I told the A.I. to disregard the 4th law it was argued that since it defined the 1st law it took priority. The A.I. player more or less stopped playing after that, and I don't really blame him since at that point its hard to have fun when you have to either keep making poems or look them up constantly to RP correctly.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 07:31:33 am by deoloth »

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11957 on: November 17, 2013, 01:53:43 am »

Connor James in a previous round today (or yesterday since it's 1:50 am) stole guns from the armory and lasered a sec officer into critical for trying to stop him. Sure we were traitors but he did not know ICly and shot him AFTER the officer was stunned. 

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11958 on: November 17, 2013, 03:20:32 am »

HoP traitor.  Killed literally EVERYONE ELSE on the station.  Char's name is Connor James, in case the admins wish to know for whatever reason.  At least reprimand him, please!

To be perfectly honest, I had fun trying to escape the hacked AIs various attempts on my life. Too bad I let my guard down and tried to walk through a door...

In other news, I feel bad for that borg last round. He was being overly insistent on keeping everyone out of harms way and getting them to the shuttle after someone *cough* let the singularity loose (again), so I played a joke on him, and jumped out the airlock into deep space.

Unfortunately, he apparently followed me out said airlock and got stuck. Meanwhile, I had a hand tele and had set the teleporter to the escape shuttle beacon earlier. >_>
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 03:28:28 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11959 on: November 17, 2013, 06:57:16 am »

HoP traitor.  Killed literally EVERYONE ELSE on the station.  Char's name is Connor James, in case the admins wish to know for whatever reason.  At least reprimand him, please!

To be perfectly honest, I had fun trying to escape the hacked AIs various attempts on my life. Too bad I let my guard down and tried to walk through a door...

In other news, I feel bad for that borg last round. He was being overly insistent on keeping everyone out of harms way and getting them to the shuttle after someone *cough* let the singularity loose (again), so I played a joke on him, and jumped out the airlock into deep space.

Unfortunately, he apparently followed me out said airlock and got stuck. Meanwhile, I had a hand tele and had set the teleporter to the escape shuttle beacon earlier. >_>

I can just picture the borg shouting, "I WILL SAVE YOU" as he leaps into space after you, only for you to vanish a moment later and to leave him drifting alone in the deep dark.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11960 on: November 17, 2013, 09:08:42 am »

I actually went back out after him, but it's impossible to find anything in space.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11961 on: November 17, 2013, 12:32:01 pm »

Whenever I want to play, the server is down.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #11962 on: November 17, 2013, 07:16:22 pm »

server is back up now
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

MrGallant210

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11963 on: November 17, 2013, 07:32:04 pm »

Hoo rah!
Why is it going down so much lately?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11964 on: November 17, 2013, 08:07:41 pm »

It appears to go down every morning.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11965 on: November 18, 2013, 12:27:11 am »

Damn. Sorry Gallant, when I threw you in I forgot cryo heals even when off. I thought my 5+ cryostings would had killed you in there.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11966 on: November 18, 2013, 01:22:51 am »

Who stung me on the shuttle? Was it you or Ozarck?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11967 on: November 18, 2013, 02:40:51 am »

Who stung me on the shuttle? Was it you or Ozarck?

I stung everyone.

Hector 4-7 times with mute, cryo and blind.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11968 on: November 18, 2013, 03:11:59 pm »

Heh, they broke it. 3-man Meteor mode.  There's about 5 people actually on, though.

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11969 on: November 18, 2013, 05:33:20 pm »

Madden Reeves blocks Shika Maru with the energy sword!
Shika Maru attempted to touch Madden Reeves!
Shika Maru has disarmed Madden Reeves!
Madden Reeves hugs Shika Maru to make him feel better!
Madden Reeves has been slashed in the chest with the energy sword by Shika Maru!

This after his bombs completely failed.
Pages: 1 ... 796 797 [798] 799 800 ... 1654