Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 1986571 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #11985 on: November 21, 2013, 02:15:34 pm »

I was simply cruising through the forums and saw this thread and I must say, playing a game where I'M the dwarf sounds like a hoot, so I'm joining up. And I was wondering, is it a SS13 faux pas if i keep the /tg/station wiki open? I mean, I am new at it, but am willing to learn a role first hand.
With that out of the way, greet Jack Fasnum!
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11986 on: November 21, 2013, 02:19:17 pm »

Dude, I think almost everyone has had the wiki open at least once throughout their time playing SS13. Go ahead, have it open all you want.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11987 on: November 21, 2013, 02:20:04 pm »

I was simply cruising through the forums and saw this thread and I must say, playing a game where I'M the dwarf sounds like a hoot, so I'm joining up. And I was wondering, is it a SS13 faux pas if i keep the /tg/station wiki open? I mean, I am new at it, but am willing to learn a role first hand.
With that out of the way, greet Jack Fasnum!
Only if you use it to become suddenly proficient in every task on the station, at all times. Try to RP your role a bit, engineers generally don't know how to operate genetics ( >_> ), but they would have a basic understand of the ships power and air systems, as well as construction. If you're an assistant, ask to be assigned to a department with people in it, and follow them around learning. While reading the wiki too, yes.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11988 on: November 21, 2013, 02:49:47 pm »

Dude, I think almost everyone has had the wiki open at least once throughout their time playing SS13. Go ahead, have it open all you want.

I have never met a successful cultist that did not have the wiki open at all times, the entire round. Cult is just that complicated.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11989 on: November 21, 2013, 03:05:01 pm »

I have never met a successful cultist that did not have the wiki open at all times, the entire round. Cult is just that complicated.

It's less complicated and more impractical to take the book out each time you need to check the words for a rune.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11990 on: November 21, 2013, 03:35:58 pm »

Its fun trying to teach newbies who start as security on baycode. more so when he gateway acts fun.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11991 on: November 21, 2013, 04:01:17 pm »

/tg/ is having a map rumble. Seems cool, and they can finally get rid of box. Metastation & Efficiencystation for main maps 2014.

Miauw, you're the best, hahaha.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11992 on: November 21, 2013, 05:02:40 pm »

Snip
You mean... From TES4?
Oh god. I need to learn to be security so I can hear that.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11993 on: November 21, 2013, 05:05:08 pm »

No real need. Just ask any officer. They arent that good, and the masks are kinda nasty looking.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

b_knight286

• Bay Watcher
  • ....huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11994 on: November 21, 2013, 05:27:41 pm »

Four people are on. Join us!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11995 on: November 21, 2013, 05:57:33 pm »

Honestly, I really like Efficiencystations' maintenance tunnels, but that's about it. I like that sprawling insanity of forgotten, unused rooms and illicit wings everywhere.

Oh, no doubt about that. I'm sure that the first time you have a big manhunt in the tunnels will be awesome. Just maybe not the tenth or twentieth time.

Around the fifth time the security team will wise up and deploy bombs. :P "Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

"Sir... Did you really just say that?"

"I have ALWAYS wanted to say that, don't ruin my moment."

Looking over the map, I will never ever in my life play sec on any server running efficiencystation.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11996 on: November 21, 2013, 06:08:37 pm »

Looking over the map, I will never ever in my life play sec on any server running efficiencystation.

Ayep. You could hide an entire legion of cultists in there if you wanted to.

Though thinking about it, one other thing about efficiencystation bothers me... Isn't it backwards? All of the ruined/abandoned sections are on the outside of the station, when logically they should be in/near the center since the parts on the outside would have been built later.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11997 on: November 21, 2013, 06:17:54 pm »

There aren't many places to hide in maintenance on the other stations. It's all straight tunnels and small rooms. Efficiency station gives the maintenance crawler a chance, and even then you can still dig him out if you have a couple officers.

Nienhaus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11998 on: November 21, 2013, 06:25:58 pm »

There aren't many places to hide in maintenance on the other stations. It's all straight tunnels and small rooms. Efficiency station gives the maintenance crawler a chance, and even then you can still dig him out if you have a couple officers.
You'd need well coordinated officers to search each sector.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11999 on: November 21, 2013, 06:34:17 pm »

Efficiency also has a fully functioning chemistry. Just a few wires and you have a fully working chem dispenser. And a surgery. And cryo. And loaded storage.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute
Pages: 1 ... 798 799 [800] 801 802 ... 1654