Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1650 1651 [1652] 1653 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 1986239 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24765 on: April 18, 2018, 01:16:03 pm »

Tomorrow... err, today, I wouldn't mind binging some SS13 once I get a thing or two sorted out. Plan on writing myself a guide as I re-learn things, so as to (hopefully) not forget everything again.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24766 on: April 18, 2018, 06:18:50 pm »

Ey, why was I banned from the Discord? If it was for that argument a month ago, I'll have you know I apologized shortly after and didn't do anything afterward.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24767 on: April 24, 2018, 05:53:20 am »

So, I was Eats-The-Food the lizardperson assistant on /tg/station. I was going around, collecting things, tools, et cetera. The AI was rogue, but things were further complicated by the random station-wide EMPs. A new event, probably. As I had a prosthetic limb, the EMPs stunned me and damaged the limb, so I had to use wire to fix it. The EMPs destroyed everything electronic on the station except the AI, which just started to be aggressive. The captain used an RCD to get into the EVA storage to get spacesuits for us all because the air was leaking out. A small party banded up to card the AI, while I used an intercom to announce to everyone that the AI was rogue, the intercom was screwed by another EMP soon after. Then the captain and a few others were building a new communications console to call the shuttle. I was fetching tools and materials. The party returned with the carded AI, then spaced it. Then we found the HoP, suffocating, with a pet carrier in his hands, we saved both Ian and the HoP, the shuttle arrived, happy ending. Nice round, but there were only 6-ish people left at the end.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24768 on: April 24, 2018, 06:57:05 am »

6 people? Damn, my time on Goonstation has hardened me to the mass, senseless slaughter of every living and non-living thing on the station. 6 people alive at round's end is rather impressively high.

I have to say that I quite liked Goonstation's lax RP rules, even with people making the worst of it and the station's population generally imploding by the five-minute mark. It made running support jobs feel that much more important and satisfying, because you were working your buns off trying to save a station that is actively trying to tear itself apart, rather than just doing the minimum requirements expected of you.

I also deeply enjoyed the advanced chemistry system, even if some folks could be dweebs about the recipes sometimes (no, you can't just "learn real chemistry", because that doesn't apply even to the recipes that don't rely on space-magic juice)... I spent a great deal of time working out advanced medical cocktails, and making sure the medbay was stocked with revival pills, stabilizing chems and the like. I even invented a pill that would instantly save you from a changeling sting, allowing you to retain consciousness and get away (if taken quickly enough). I'm quite proud of that.

I also once spent a round as bartender trying to develop a mixed drink that would generate over 100 points of ethanol in a single tick, resulting in instantaneous blackout. Unfortunately, I'd misunderstood the alcohol mechanics, and it ended up being no more potent than a standard long island... Disheartened, I went back to chemically cooling pitchers of beer.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24769 on: April 24, 2018, 07:58:12 am »

I saw 1 person left once, basically a similar scenario, plus a bomb blowing up escape. And it was not a murderboner!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24770 on: April 29, 2018, 06:12:01 am »

I attached VOX circuits that said "honk" to random walls. I got bwoinked, but everyone laughed.

Honk

Honk

Honk

Honk

Honk

Honk

Honk

I even gave a bag of them to the clown. Honk.

One of the best rounds I had in a while. Honk.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24771 on: April 29, 2018, 07:10:51 am »

I once hacked the Goonstation quartermaster manufacturing benches, then set about making a great number of zip guns. I declared a people's revolution against the bourgeoisie heads of staff, and started handing out the guns along with a supply of .22 ammunition.

Things didn't work out all that well, thanks to .22 clips being an absolute bitch to make and quickly draining the resource stockpiles dry... But I like to think I managed to cause at least a little chaos before I was arrested.

Still not as great as the time I rolled traitor janitor and proceeded to annihilate the station without a single traitor item. Turns out, riding the waxer renders you immune to several things, such as the pushing force of loading the tank full of sorium and a trigger (phlogiston, in this case).

I've never before seen such mayhem.

EDIT: So I've been mulling over this recently, and eventually splurged and got a copy of the goon codebase (or at least, the one they leave lying around on github). Ended up having to fix something because the dang code wouldn't compile, and then I got around to sciencing.

I was planning on using magnesium chloride's ammonia absorbtion effect in order to make a chlorine azide bomb. Pooling all the required elements, but with the ammonia safely tucked away inside of the magnesium chloride... The idea was to heat the MgCl2 to the point where it would release the ammonia and trigger the reaction.

As it turns out, this doesn't work. At all. The magnesium chloride just eats an infinite amount of ammonia and never releases it. In the immortal words of a poet; "Something's fucky".

You can, however, make the mix by putting in some copper nitrate instead, and having it heat up to release oxygen upon becoming nitrogen dioxide. This requires heating the whole shebang up to 180C, but it does give a nice bang once it gets there.

Additionally, I confirmed that smoke powder applies the full amount of all reagents in its container when ignited, and applies that full amount to everyone it hits, effectively multiplying the other ingredients. I tended to use this a lot to make a bunch of sandwich ingredients in my "Allahu Snackbar" smokebomb of bread, cheese and salami.

The method I used to confirm this was emptying out the bartender's beer keg, putting some smoke powder in, then filling it up with a few hundred units of sugar. Yep, instant hyperglycaemic shock for everyone who breathes it in. Good fun.

Finally, I was getting tired and decided to whip out some nitroglycerin to fiddle with. Turns out, you can freely and safely fling the beaker across the room without any ill effects. This for a reagent that will spontaneously detonate should you so much as transfer it to another container... Sheesh.

Since it also explodes if you run while holding it, this means that the fastest method of safe travel is to repeatedly hurl it towards your destination, pick it up, and pitch it again.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #24772 on: July 26, 2018, 08:55:01 pm »

I know the server is dead but did parts of the community mainly migrate anywhere? I haven't played SS13 in forever. Read through some of these threads and I'm genuinely surprised some dudes remembered me lol. I don't really go on forums anymore and haven't used the name Bdthemag online in years, but basically I was in highschool throughout most of Urist McStation (even though I kind of remember actively lying about the fact I wasn't an adult yet for whatever reason) and stopped playing in senior year since I was getting busy. Joined the army and became a medic afterwards and haven't touched ss13, but got some serious nostalgia after checking out the thread again after all this time.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #24773 on: July 26, 2018, 10:22:50 pm »

The community (the few there are) still exists, but the server is only booted up when there's people to play it. We do still talk almost every day and play other games as well. Most of the talk happens on the Discord (link in the OP).
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24774 on: July 26, 2018, 10:50:38 pm »

Ah yes, bd. Weren't you involved in the wave survival round with the dozens of goats I (Alex Whittier) exploded with a few grenades crafted by Urist McFisticuffs? Good on you also for becoming a medic. Gotta love telling people to drink more water and suck it up with that ankle sprain.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24775 on: July 27, 2018, 06:22:24 am »

I wanted to create my own server in the absence of one I was comfortable playing, but my host suffered serious problems with their internet and hosting computer so it was never meant to be. Mostly, I play on /vg/station now
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24776 on: July 29, 2018, 01:26:14 pm »

We still host on weekends, and I'm working on a new map and some other content. Here's a link to the discord for those interested in stopping by and saying hi: https://discord.gg/vBEuV6a

oannes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24777 on: August 15, 2018, 10:43:55 am »

This weekend UristMcStation may go live with enough interest. Check out the discord https://discord.gg/SqtD8mJ for more specific time and dates once we get that far. Hope to see some of yall there!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24778 on: August 19, 2018, 09:30:49 am »

Good to hear Urist is still chugging!
Maybe when I have good enough internet to play the game regularly I'll re-download Discord as well.

For now, though, I think I'mma stay up all night watching Boat Bomber videos.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24779 on: August 19, 2018, 12:17:45 pm »

To be fair, you can just run Discord in your browser.
Pages: 1 ... 1650 1651 [1652] 1653 1654