Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1651 1652 [1653] 1654

Author Topic: Space Station 13: Urist McStation  (Read 1986427 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13: Urist McStation
« Reply #24780 on: August 19, 2018, 03:11:55 pm »

Good to hear Urist is still chugging!
Maybe when I have good enough internet to play the game regularly I'll re-download Discord as well.

For now, though, I think I'mma stay up all night watching Boat Bomber videos.

Yeah, we ended up having some fun games this weekend. In a couple weeks we're going to be hosting more regularly, because I'm going to be running tests for a new map I've been working on. It'll be a couple weeks of testing, then a final big event/test that I'll notify in here about, before that map is moved to a consistent server.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24781 on: August 19, 2018, 07:08:00 pm »

Wait, like a consistently open server like Vac's was?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24782 on: August 19, 2018, 10:43:27 pm »

That's the plan at least.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24783 on: August 20, 2018, 02:07:01 am »

Urist employs the tricksy minefield known as "Baymed", right? All depending on how restrictive the RP demands are, I might like to have a go at this, although that would mean learning a third medical system.

TG is pretty depressing as far as medbay goes, honestly...

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24784 on: August 20, 2018, 12:30:37 pm »

Yeah, we use Baymed. RP demands aren't too strict, nowhere near as strict as Bay. The most important thing is that you RP a relatively sane character, with reasonable knowledge levels.

If you want to learn more and talk to others in the community/find out times that the server will be up or tests will be held, pop on the discord, it's where we all hang out nowadays: https://discord.gg/vBEuV6a 

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24785 on: March 17, 2019, 09:23:14 pm »

hate to necro this thread, but I was wondering if someone noticed an uptick in player count lately? I want to play real bad but I'm unable until I get my desktop set up

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24786 on: March 18, 2019, 12:47:29 am »

It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24787 on: March 18, 2019, 09:19:33 am »

Colonial marines has 300 players.

I repeat. Colonial marines has 300 players.

This is not a drill.

Repeat. This is not a drill.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24788 on: March 18, 2019, 09:26:14 am »

They still have players? Wow. I thought things crashed and burned after the latest leak + copyright issues.

Man, I went through an SS13 binge on TGstation a while back, even got a bit involved with the git community. Not really sure what happened, I just started losing interest and then a bunch of weird changes came out and made things even more unbalanced than before... I think I had effectively stopped playing by the time goof economy got fully realized/merged.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24789 on: March 18, 2019, 12:39:43 pm »

Maybe this review brought an uptick.
I recommend it.

I had just watched it, and I was wondering if the boys/gals/etc. on B12 noticed anything. Idk how many people around here play anymore though!

@kagus I'm not quite sure what the goof economy is? i did notice a few QOL changes in the linked review, like the fact that actions that take time have a progress bar now, but it doesn't look all that different. Matter replicators are new, I think, but I only ever worked in medical as a roboticist. Those war mechs would be new as well, cause all I ever did was make cyborgs and butt robots.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24790 on: March 18, 2019, 12:51:51 pm »

Goof economy was when iamgoofball did a complete overhaul of the money system and then made everything (like department tool vendors, medical equipment etc.) cost money. The idea was to make cash and salaries actually mean something. The result was that everything broke.

It got fully merged a teensy bit early, broke EVEN MORE everything, and goof eventually nuked the whole project and covered his shame.

This was only on TGstation though. And Seth wasn't playing on straight TG for most of that review.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24791 on: March 18, 2019, 09:49:29 pm »

Yeah, even Urist McStation's been bumping lately. We had 51 on earlier, hovering at around 40 most of the day and right now.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24792 on: March 19, 2019, 10:41:14 am »

Makes me happy to see this is still going strong, keep it up!  :)

Munchkin93

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24793 on: October 25, 2019, 09:37:38 am »

Urist was around 40 a few months ago?! What happened? I recently heard about it and I am very interested in playing a less demanding server running Baycode (mostly). But there is NO ONE on EVER...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24794 on: October 25, 2019, 07:28:13 pm »

Can't speak for anyone else, but the main reason I stopped playing on UMcS a couple years ago now were a combination of one person who shouldn't have had mod powers using them to threaten me after I killed him in a traitor round (despite having given him every possible warning to FUCK OFF I'M DOING TATOR STUFF short of telling him) and also frequently playing shitcurity/Cap-as-shitcurity on lowpop (including things like being HoS on a round with like 6 people, beating me down and 10min brigging me because I was breaking into medical supply as chemist while being literally the only person in medical to ensure people would have stuff to heal themselves while I was prepping pills, since I'd naturally used all of my initial energy on making drugs). That and a certain other person occasionally using admeme powers to force-antag themselves and grief.

Haven't played since pop picked back up so I don't know if that sort of thing is still an issue, but there's also that my spare time is sufficiently limited that I'd rather play CM instead of spending 4 hours doing nothing on extended or an antag round with so little antagging that it's functionally extended anyways. You can only play slime rancher or whatever so many times before the process itself becomes boring.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 1651 1652 [1653] 1654