Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Opening Doors  (Read 3824 times)

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
Opening Doors
« on: February 20, 2013, 09:13:08 pm »

I thought it would be pretty funny for doors taking up a space for the .25 second it is opened, allowing your Urist McPeasant to smack a wandering Mayor dwarf in the face just by walking out of the Meeting Hall.
I just hope this doesn't bust the mayors skull through his brain......
Just a funny thought, it occurred to me in a dream last night (Yes I dream about Dwarf Fortress.).

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
Re: Opening Doors
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 09:26:40 pm »

Just a funny thought, it occurred to me in a dream last night (Yes I dream about Dwarf Fortress.).
You say that like dreaming in ASCII is unusual. I'm pretty sure it's a prerequisite for posting on Bay12.
It would be funny, yes, but tantrum spirals would be significantly more common with this this occurring in high traffic doorways.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Laserhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 09:29:15 pm »

That does kind of happen with floor hatches. If you've got people milling around on a hatch and someone opens it, they'll fall.

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:37:24 pm »

It would be funny, yes, but tantrum spirals would be significantly more common with this this occurring in high traffic doorways.
Yeah, it was just an interesting thought, it would probably get people in the hospital and jail a lot.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 10:02:15 pm »

Now I've had doors fall down flights of stairs and lodge in the head of the unlucky one at the bottom, and doors thrown by tantruming dwarves.

Was said dream in ASCII our your favorite tile set? Mine are usually ASCII.

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 10:17:51 pm »

I usually play with Pheobus, but I've had dreams in ASCII and the tileset as well.
One dream involved 10 FBs attacking my fort at once.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 03:21:46 pm »

I have dreams about Dwarf Fortress in both ASCII and reality, at the same time. I'm not sure how my brain melds (or for that matter, comprehends) the two pictures.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 06:09:34 pm »

I have dreams about Dwarf Fortress in both ASCII and reality, at the same time. I'm not sure how my brain melds (or for that matter, comprehends) the two pictures.
yes, mostly that reality one is hard to comprehend ... all those overtuned graphics, too high FPS ... not even belivable, i say you reality is a lie ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime