Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: .∙• [44.12] Deeper Dwarven Domestication (DDD) – themed animals (UPDATED) •∙.  (Read 42643 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I would love to see what you can come up with for Kobold-specific pets ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This looks really cool, would it work if directly stuck into your Accelerated Mod Meph? it's prolly choose the overwrite option.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would love to see what you can come up with for Kobold-specific pets ;)

Shameless self-promotion time.

Here is a teaser for a kobold-pet-inspired themed expansion: Savage Subterranean Species [SSS]

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile

That snail is just adorable. I want one.  :D
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hehe, hate to break your alliteration, but Kobolds are not subterranean. They cant dig :P (then again, they live in caves officially, so I guess its ok)

They look very nice though, I wonder what you came up with for them :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hehe, hate to break your alliteration, but Kobolds are not subterranean. They cant dig :P (then again, they live in caves officially, so I guess its ok)

How about "Kampy Kobold Kritters" then?   :D

I've been pretty stupid busy of late, and thusly have not finished the Raws.  Maybe sometime soon, plus I still need to draw up some child sprites.

In the mean time, how about a few more spoilers

And here is a cute little fella that didn't make the cut as a pet creature.  Maybe I'll make a playable civ out him.

Quote from: InsanityPrelude
That snail is just adorable. I want one.  :D

Thanks Insanity!  I was very happy with how the snail turned out.  Also I feel the saber-toothed toad and the centipede-thing came out better than I expected.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile

Is that a walrus-bat, spider-squid and a giant grasshopper?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hehe, didn't even think about the bat looking like a walrus  :)

Supposed to be a spiderbat, stalagsquid (darkmantle if you are a D&D fan), and a giant cave locust.

The bonus creature is based on two different critters, the Meeps from Quest for Glory, and Fizgig from Dark Crystal
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 08:01:13 pm by Wannabehero »

Extreme Boyheat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Definitely a walrus-bat. :D
Those are some massive fangs either way.

Loving this so far, I was overwhelmed by turtles when I embarked with 5 female caveturtles and forgot to let my dwarves collect eggs, there must've been a male somewhere in the caverns.

Mead is delicious as well, bringing a couple dewbeetles is great when building a fortress that doesn't support bees.

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about "Kampy Kobold Kritters" then?   :D

You want to make a mod called KKK for short....
i am a bit woried people may confuse it for the Klu klux klan mod i am workinig on

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile

Actually I would be more worried that you are working on a Ku Klux Klan mod

Bihlbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod looks great, I can't wait to try it out tonight!

Also, I vote for "Kampy Kobold Kritters". Don't let an irrelevant group of withered hundred year-old terrorists keep you from using the alphabet as you like. If you let them stop you from using the letter K it just gives them power.

Bihlbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay I've tried out DDD, and this mod is awesome! I especially love those swift little moleweasels.

I ran into a problem, however. I'm using sackhead's skin alteration to produce more leather, and so the skin clipped from the bats cannot be tanned. I'm guessing it's because that skin is not a glob. But, I don't know what to change to make it work. Any suggestions?

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeah that will be the cause
check the masterwork change log, it includes both mods i remember meph talking about fixing it somehow

Bihlbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, I found this: "Fixed tanning for sheared materials, like leatherwing bat skin or drakescales. The sheared amounts now always give 1 leather/scaleplate."

Before I download this massive thing and go diving through the raws, does anyone have a hint to give me as far as what I'm looking for or how to know I've found it?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8