Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: .∙• [44.12] Deeper Dwarven Domestication (DDD) – themed animals (UPDATED) •∙.  (Read 42890 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, I fixed it, I even went to far as copying out the raws and wanting to post them here, but then I noticed that the fix would only work within Masterwork, so I stopped.

You make a second reaction that accepts NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE with a reaction class, and add the reaction class to a copy of the skin template, and make the leatherwing bats use this new skin instead of the old skin to make leather.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Bihlbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm familiar enough with that to know the concept behind what you just said. But I'm as likely to pull that off as I am to sheer a goat. And I don't have a goat.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

Just wanted to say thanks for this mod, and that I'm looking forward to any new creatures you add.  Really enjoying the variety of features and functions in these animals - my current fort doesn't farm at all, but gets by on other sources of food and a truly staggering quantity of mead.

Having a lot of fun with DDD!
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Ombragon

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLEEQUICK][CRAZED]
    • View Profile

your mod is just awesome, and I want to know if there are any thing planned (other than kobold specifics creatures)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:01:31 am by Ombragon »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Hey, any progress on the Kobold pets? Or did you abandon the idea, in which case I'd still like to see the unfinished raws you did write so far. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Noobshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is nice but do these creatures have any noticeable drawbacks or are they just flat out better than the normal ones and generally reduce the difficulty of achieving self sufficiency?

Would be nice if you could just add them on to the normal list for more "variety" but if they're just generally better really it reduces the variety more than anything.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:04:13 am by Noobshock »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

They are somewhat better. They have more ways to utilitize them then the normal animals.

Noobshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, srs complaint time: the names on many of these are so long they are very obnoxious when it comes to in-game display, especially with truetype fonts enabled, some still have "male/female" in the name strings instead of just going by the m/f "icons", which further adds to name length issue. Should try and see if anything can be done about that.

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile

Idea for dog replacement for kobolds: chiuauas, or whatever it's written.
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Idea for dog replacement for kobolds: chiuauas, or whatever it's written.

Insert "h before each "u". Chihuahua.

Apani

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Architect, Novice Modder
    • View Profile

I'm Italian, I'm deaf to most "h"s. :-[
Some of my old Stonesense albums, check them out!

https://imgur.com/a/BjQZnOg

https://imgur.com/a/FmNzHhh

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I fixed it, I even went to far as copying out the raws and wanting to post them here, but then I noticed that the fix would only work within Masterwork, so I stopped.

You make a second reaction that accepts NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE with a reaction class, and add the reaction class to a copy of the skin template, and make the leatherwing bats use this new skin instead of the old skin to make leather.

This got me thinking whether replacing
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:3:GLOB:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]
with
Code: [Select]
[REAGENT:A:3:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SKIN][UNROTTEN]
[HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT]
would work (I use 3 globs of skin per leather, should probably up it to 4 or 5 to stop fully-grown chickens from giving more than one)? Is the :GLOB: required for the basic sackhead modifications to work, for some reason? Since from your comment, I gather that the crucial part, in the end, is [REACTION_CLAS:SKIN] and [HAS_MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT], stated in the reaction definition and the skin material template.

Also got me thinking about making a 2nd reaction (and a different material template that would probably mostly duplicate leather, for now) for tanning lizard/croc/dragon scales, currently I just set the scale material template with the same modifications as for skin, plus [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:TAN_MAT:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SCALE]

But yea, tl;dr: why is a 2nd reaction needed to tan leatherwing wing leather, instead of just removing the GLOB requirement from the sackhead modification?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Because you only get 1 item from shearing, so you shear, get 1 glob, cant tan it because tanning requires 4 globs. So I made the 1 glob to be "REACTION_CLASS:IS_SHEARED" and it in a specific reaction only for sheared skins.

If I change the tanning reaction to make 1 leather from 1 glob, creatures would give way too much leather, 4 times more then I currently think is balanced.

Flypaste

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm trying to use DDD with Ironhand graphics, but the creatures still show up as ASCII icons.
I checked in (raw/graphics/graphics_wbh_DDD_18px.txt)
and all the directories look fine, so I'm very confused.

I can't remember for certain, but I think the crabs show up correctly, as crabs.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting Flypaste.  I checked through it too and I didn't see any problems either at first glance.  Are you using the enhancement or replacement version?  Only crabs are working, and none of the others?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8