Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Alright, Im really full of ideas.  (Read 19613 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: Alright, Im really full of ideas.
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2013, 12:53:40 am »

Maybe it could be something like,
"Green Warrior went into into and alley with someone today and came out 25$"

<Jboy Equips GIMP Suit>
Shit wrong key.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Inico

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2013, 04:26:29 am »

There was also "X gives it up for 17$!"

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2013, 05:41:48 am »

1. I think it would be a cool idea if every once in a while there was a "Health" roll to see if someone gets sick or an "Agility" check to see if someone gets hurt while doing stuff. Meaning at random times a prompt that says something like-
"Green Warrior hasn't been taking care of himself and has a heart attack!"
-that. And if they pass the "Health" roll, a prompt shouldn't pop up, and failing an "Agility" roll would look like-
"Green Warrior fell down so stairs and broke some bones!"
-this, with some more prompts of course, and some comical ones of course, it IS LCS.

2. I always though fighting in LCS was a little cut and dry, so the idea of guns being able to jam came into my mind, a few updates ago actually, I just never brought it up. I think that it would be cool if swords could get dull after a while, and they would need to go have the blade sharpened.

3. Something I never liked is that bodies just stay in your safehouses forever, I think that after a while that bodies should decompose, making it so when cops raid a safehouse and find the bodies, they can't tell who, so the liberal above them doesn't lose juice. But so its not so OP they should only decompose very slowly.

4. I always found that healing liberals in the safehouse with no special room was a little unrealistic. If you removed a bullet from someone's body in just any old room, theres a very big chance that the wound would get infected, so I though of an option to buy a special room under the safehouse menu, but since safehouse upgrades can seem expensive at the beginning, where fighters are most likely to get hurt while trying skills, I think it should only make healing faster in that safehouse.

5. I know Im not the first person to suggest this and I probably won't be the last, but I like the idea of gambling in LCS. I had two ideas for this though, two different ways to do it. One way being an active via the action menu, the other being a special location on the edge of town. I also think there should be a skill for it, as well as an option in the begining of the game to help get a skill boost at the start of the game.

6. One thing Ive been thinking, but seemed WAY to over-powered, are ways for you to train your special skills like strength, agility, etc. I can't remember all the special skills at the moment, so I can't really give ideas on what would make them improve, but Ill try to remember to get back to this.

7. I think it would be a cool idea if female liberals could get pregnant during prostitution, and based on juice they weould either stay or leave the LCS. And if abortion laws are Liberal enough, they could get an abortion as well, but they have to have a certain amount of heart to actually go through with an abortion for the LCS. But, if they don't get an abortion, after 9 months where the liberal could do pretty much nothing but sit around, you would gain a 0 y/o liberal with no skills, and no actions until they get old enough to do stuff.

8. Kind of similar to that, I think there should be a way to adopt animals, like dogs and cats, and if polution and nuclear laws are at C+ you should be able to adopt, expensive, genetic monsters. But I also think that at C+ animal rights, it should be a place where people go to torture and beat animals for fun, and you can rescue animals from there. I think to do that, it should be a map where you could buy into an area behind a locked door, where cages are, and free them from there. But after at least C laws, you should be able to go back there for free and choose what animals you want to adopt.

9. Another cool thing I think that could be done, is that at C+ gun laws, you could be able to buy REALLY expensive tanks from the car dealership.
So, this is a list of ideas I had in the past, some of which were discussed and some of which that were actually left in the dust. Since I fear it will pop up again, I still don't see what the pregnancy thing has to do with feminism, and Id rather keep that discussion down, not only that but Fox said he couldn't see himself using it, I just wanted to bring this list back as a whole.

I had the idea for legal money making.
You could have someone go out and teach a political science class, and you gain money based on Teaching and Persuation. While also gaining money, it would also help with liberal mood if done well enough.
So, looking back I also had another idea, I think it wasn't discussed enough, and I still think it could be a good thing to put into LCS.
I had an idea. When you go to the prison, theres three floors, representing the level of security they were in. On the top floor is supposed to be Death Row, I was thinking there could be a tile where you go into death row and smash it up, the equipment used is based on the laws.

The Liberal breaking into death row and smash all the gallows and guillotine they can find.
The Liberals break into death row and destroys the electric chairs inside.
The Liberals break into death row and breaks the poison injector.
The Liberals break into death row and gets rid of anything they may have used on the rare occasions they killed someone.
The Liberals break into what used to be death row and get rid of any evidence they can find that there even used to be a death row.
Maybe something like this?
The Liberal Crime Squad breaks into what used to be death row and executes a criminal and records it, then spreads the videos all over.
And then people would like the LCS less like when you drop toxic waste in the water.
Just bringing these back to be discussed.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 05:43:33 am by Jboy2000000 »

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2013, 09:53:50 am »

I thought some of those were dealt with already.  Anyway:

1) Random, practically-unavoidable damage only frustrates the player.  Oppose.
2) Maintenance sounds fun but adds more micromanagement.  Not sure whether people would like it.  Marginal Oppose.
3) Decomposing bodies would probably raise Heat if there wasn't some facility to handle them, such as a Woodchipper.  Indifferent.
4) Was discussed in detail early on in this thread.  Indifferent.
5) No opinion.
6) It is overpowered and defeats the Mutants' niche.  Strongly Oppose.
7) No.  We already covered that and all it does is make female Liberals require more micromanagement, thereby devaluing them as LCS members.  Strongly Oppose.
8) Already discussed.  Support.
9) C+ covers heavy weapons, not mobile artillery.  Oppose.

Death row: I'd really rather the LCS not Murder someone just to prove a point.  Staging a mock execution of one of the Squad members (who knows it's fake, to be clear) ought to work as well and not require hauling in a Prisoner to die for political points.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2013, 12:47:44 pm »

I know, I just said that I thought most of them were discussed enough, if at all. When they release nuclear waste into the water that can endanger and kill thousands, I don't see why killing why person could be considered bad, and you can kill thousands on your own to.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2013, 02:46:04 pm »

Regarding that list:

1. No. That would be incredibly annoying.
2. " "
3. Maybe, but there should also be some detriment to keeping the bodies around. Maybe it would affect the morale of liberals stationed there.
4. Indifferent.
5. Could be interesting, and you could potentially make an issue out of it, but it could also wind up being a useless dumb-luck test if done poorly.
6. I agree. It doesn't have to be overpowered. Strength and agility, in particular, should go up slowly just by using theoretically related skills - swinging a sword or shooting a heavy gun would boost strength, successfully dodging should boost agility a little as well as specifically dodge. There could also be a gym or something where you could go, similar to the university or proposed shooting range. But there should be a proportional maximum on skill increases. There should also be a way to lose base skills like those, similarly with a proportional minimum.
7. By that logic you would also have to add that heterosexual romantic endeavors, and add the whole child-raising dimension, which would just be too complicated and doesn't really fit with the game.
8. Would be interesting, particularly considering what you could do with the animals, like train your own happy well-treated liberal guard dogs to rival the conservative ones.
9. No. But you should be able to steal a tank from the army base and ride out with it. I suggested that before.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2013, 03:22:05 pm »

I think internal hits ($ORGAN hit) can reduce permanent Health, and losing both Eyes does tend to crimp stats.  Actually being any more than Lightly Wounded severely crimps your stats.  Losing stats from inactivity seems an annoying maintenance requirement.

Riding an M1 Abrams out implies a hella lot of Heat.

Re nuclear waste v. extrajudicial execution: Noted, though I'm at a loss for who would ever actually release the nuclear waste.  About the only reason I can think of for doing so would be "player not realizing what they were doing".  Grabbing a Prisoner and executing xyr just for a demo seems similarly self-defeating.  Would certainly involve losing Juice/gaining Wisdom (as happens when executing a Conservative Automaton).

As for killing thousands in site actions, fine, if you're that sort of LCS.  Even those sorts of Rampages tend to be hot-blooded kills so Juice/Wisdom stays intact.  I'm a middling sort of LCS myself, and my killing piles of CCS & Firemen happens because they're going to kill civilians, LCS personnel, and/or LCS peaceful political advocacy (no, you can't burn our Printing Press & evidence).

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2013, 09:46:56 pm »

I don't remember where, but there was a forum post asking if it was a glitch he found a mutant with "1" in all stats, well I found something better.
Code: [Select]
Meeting with Billy Brooks, Mutant, Downtown                        Money: $5510
--Billy Brooks, Civilian-------------------------Liberal------------------------
Hrt:    1  Agi:    1           Top Skills:
Int:    1  Str:    1           Knife: 1
Wis:    1  Char:   1           Security: 1
Hlth:   1  Trans: On Foot      Writing: 1
Weapon: None                   Street Sense: 1
Clothes: Clothes               First Aid: 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One in all stats and skills.

BoxOfAids

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2013, 10:26:45 pm »

I don't remember where, but there was a forum post asking if it was a glitch he found a mutant with "1" in all stats, well I found something better.
--Billy Brooks, Civilian-------------------------Liberal------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is... quite impressive. Ultra-hard mode playthrough: only 1-stat mutants allowed.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2013, 10:51:48 pm »

That is... quite impressive. Ultra-hard mode playthrough: only 1-stat mutants allowed.
You must, of course, get him 1 point in every skill there is.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2013, 08:27:51 pm »

Suggestion: allow a single liberal to reload, or have liberals autoreload when they're out of ammo.  At the moment you have to reorder your squad constantly to avoid wasting tonnes of ammo.

Related ammo management stuff: have a button to fully load up all liberals in the squad, allow ammo pooling

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2013, 08:46:12 pm »

Id also like if when people ran out of clips they'd automatically take nine new clips from the supply you have.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2013, 06:26:48 pm »

I came up with a rather general idea: what if you could try, with varying success, to blame other groups or individuals for certain crimes? Or dress the liberals up in CCS uniforms to trick people into thinking the CCS was responsible? I'd imagine it might be a hit to their heart, having to pretend to be conservatives, and obviously it couldn't be too easy.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 21, 2013, 06:39:10 pm »

I came up with a rather general idea: what if you could try, with varying success, to blame other groups or individuals for certain crimes? Or dress the liberals up in CCS uniforms to trick people into thinking the CCS was responsible? I'd imagine it might be a hit to their heart, having to pretend to be conservatives, and obviously it couldn't be too easy.
I was just thinking that while raiding the Park with a squad wearing Heavy Ceramic and carrying AA-12 Shotguns (the standard equip for a CCS leader.)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2013, 06:48:22 pm »

That would be a little OP considering you could make the CCS do suicide runs which further hurts their reputation.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11