Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Alright, Im really full of ideas.  (Read 19597 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Alright, Im really full of ideas.
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 10:32:13 pm »

Maybe add a cathedral location, a religious freedom issue, a priest's robes disguise and a bishop as an important conservative. Maybe a useable location, pulpit, which would be like the microphone or stage but use religion as one of the skills.

All religions, and atheists, are free to follow their beliefs or lack of without persecution.

Some religions considered 'dangerous' are cracked down on.

Offensive religions and heretics are exterminated.

Something along those lines for the religious freedom issue?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2013, 01:33:30 am »

Maybe add a cathedral location, a religious freedom issue, a priest's robes disguise and a bishop as an important conservative. Maybe a useable location, pulpit, which would be like the microphone or stage but use religion as one of the skills.

All religions, and atheists, are free to follow their beliefs or lack of without persecution.

Some religions considered 'dangerous' are cracked down on.

Offensive religions and heretics are exterminated.

Something along those lines for the religious freedom issue?
Hm, I think the one you have for moderate would be good for regular Conservative.

I was thinking something this.
Everyone is allowed to follow whatever they want without persecution.
All types of religion are supported.
Judaism is grudgingly accepted.
Christianity is no longer strictly enforced, but no other religions are allowed in public.
Everyone is FORCED to be Christian, if you are found to follow any other faith you are killed.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2013, 03:13:49 am »

Is religious tollerance even a Conservatism versus Liberalism issue in real life?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 03:22:20 am »

Is religious tollerance even a Conservatism versus Liberalism issue in real life?
Well, a lot of people in politics are just, "Everything is about Christianity fuck you! You can't get married and all religious stuff except for Christian stuff are banned from schools and junk." Which I have seen, one time, a long time ago, my teacher was teaching us about English using a bible, and whenever someone questioned what it said in the bible the teacher grilled to the fuck out of them, even calling one of the atheist students a "dirty, mindless heathen." When I complained about it to the principle using separation of church and state as a back. When the principle did something the state did nothing and the principle was scolded for complaining about, or so he says, nothing defiantly happened to the teacher though.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2013, 03:30:53 am »

Well yeah but if it falls outside "Conservatives versus Liberals" it isn't part of the spectrum no matter how great it would be or how satiristic. Mind you I don't have a say, but I believe it is part of the vision.

Also remember that L+ is supposed to be almost ironically edenistic as in "maybe too good" without it being bad. As well remember that these also represent laws and not just oppinions. So your list should represent changes in law and not changes in "how people think about what".

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2013, 06:39:57 am »

There used to be a "Religious Freedom" issue (though I don't know if it was actually named that) in the game. It only appeared in one release, and was removed after that.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2013, 07:20:30 am »

Cool, but what do ya'll think of my new first fighting ideas? Considering how much off-colour humor the game has I noticed a disturbing lack of nipples.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2013, 08:47:16 am »

Some more Mortal Kombat moves would be nice

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2013, 09:52:15 am »

Needs more nipple and more cow bell. But mortal combat stuff would be cool. Some of the clothes from the people in the game, Hadoken, kicking people's heads off, ripping their hearts out (which was one of my ideas), some groan kicking would be cool to, I noticed a lack of that to.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2013, 10:37:04 am »

I love the heart-ripping idea. Some eye-gouging would be nice as well.
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2013, 03:10:32 pm »

Talking about the "religious freedom" issue, there's already messages for it in SVN's dev/lawrefrence.cpp (the whole dev folder seems to be for stuff for further development):

Code: [Select]
S: Religion is illegal. (S is for Stalinist -- there seemed to be an idea of an additional Stalinist Crime Squad (or something), which was supposed to help liberals at some issues and harm at others).
C++: The world derisively refers to the country as "Jesusland". (An extra-Conservative policy? According to src/basemode/liberalagenda.cpp, C++ policies are those used after the Arch-Conservative Amendment's success.)
C+: Encouraging religious faith is a major goal of public policy.
C: Public schools include organized prayer and study of creation beliefs.
M: Religious charities and private schools may compete for public funding.
L: Government is prohibited from supporting religious organizations.
L+: Purely faith-based viewpoints are irrelevant to public policy.

(I'd probably prefer something in the line of "churches pay taxes like everyone else" for L/L+ or "The law severely limits the rights of non-Christians" for C+.)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 12:56:33 pm »

Well, a lot of people in politics are just, "Everything is about Christianity fuck you! You can't get married and all religious stuff except for Christian stuff are banned from schools and junk." Which I have seen, one time, a long time ago, my teacher was teaching us about English using a bible, and whenever someone questioned what it said in the bible the teacher grilled to the fuck out of them, even calling one of the atheist students a "dirty, mindless heathen." When I complained about it to the principle using separation of church and state as a back. When the principle did something the state did nothing and the principle was scolded for complaining about, or so he says, nothing defiantly happened to the teacher though.
I beg to differ that it is only Christians who do that. At the Florida Atlantic University, students were told to write the name "Jesus" on a piece of paper, throw it on the ground, and step on it. One boy who refused was belittled, kicked fom the class, and threatened with expulsion.  Do you think that the professor would have had them use the name "Muhammed" or "Barack Obama"?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 05:00:27 pm »

That is why I often split Atheism into two categories: Active and Passive Atheism.

But... wow that was... terrible.

So it sort of shows that the largest issue is with the Liberal aspect of religious tolerance and Conservative at the same time.

Since while Conservatism in the cartoonish villain version basically has the church run the state... the Cartoonishly paradise Liberal version however has a split between extreme religious tolerance and eliminating Religion altogether.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 09:44:14 pm »

That is why I often split Atheism into two categories: Active and Passive Atheism.

But... wow that was... terrible.

So it sort of shows that the largest issue is with the Liberal aspect of religious tolerance and Conservative at the same time.

Since while Conservatism in the cartoonish villain version basically has the church run the state... the Cartoonishly paradise Liberal version however has a split between extreme religious tolerance and eliminating Religion altogether.
Though I am Christian, I fully realize that a state religion is just asking for trouble. Since it isn't just Christians, I propose we have an equal probability of each of these four options:
1) Christianity as state religion. Similar, perhaps, to Europe in the middle ages.
2) Islam as a state religion. Most devout Muslims fit the profile of a Conservative.
3) Antitheism. Similar to Stalin's Russia, all religion is banned.
4) Leader Worship. Worshipping the Prez–for-life.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2013, 10:37:04 am »

I had already suggested this...

At L+ it would become the "Non-Denominational Rational Thought Center"...

Also, at C+(+) the president-for-life should become pope of the American Conservative Church.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 10:39:50 am by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11