Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Alright, Im really full of ideas.  (Read 19620 times)

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
Re: Alright, Im really full of ideas.
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2013, 06:47:43 am »

Alright, I have a few more now that Ive been away.

1. In places it shows how your liberals are going around, either on foot or in a wheelchair. I think it would be cool if there were more "vehicles" you can use on location. Like roller skates, bikes and thinks, and if you had one it'd give you another roll for dodging attacks when you run away from a group based on agility, and boosts in the roll like cars give.
2. Similarly, with the wheelchair, Id like to see more disabilities, like liberals going blind and having the need a service dog, and in a fight the dog attacks for them. For an added funny maybe they can get "Chick head" and the chicken will sometimes attack others (Either the infected person, another liberal, or someone on the same square.).
3. When you go to the police station, there could be an evidence locker, which you can break into similar to the safes on the outskirts. Except when you break in, it does something different, one of two things. Either take a few random charges off a random liberal, or remove some heat off the safe house the liberals came from. However, this would get the liberal a charge of "Tampering with evidence."
4. When in court there is a chance of your liberal having an outburst on the judge and the court, gaining the liberal an automatic guilty verdict, but an extra month in the court house, for simplicity, while being held for contempt.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2013, 07:46:41 am »

That rhymes.

1. In places it shows how your liberals are going around, either on foot or in a wheelchair. I think it would be cool if there were more "vehicles" you can use on location. Like roller skates, bikes and thinks, and if you had one it'd give you another roll for dodging attacks when you run away from a group based on agility, and boosts in the roll like cars give.

I'm not sure how site vehicles would work. Don't most buildings have policies against riding bikes and roller skates? Also, this may be because I'm super clumsy in real life, but I can't picture any attempt at bullet dodging on roller blades ending in anything other than falling on one's ass.

I do like the idea of using bicycles to travel between sites, though. If fact having bicycles equipped as the squad vehicle should give them a bonus when escaping from a safehouse siege. Currently, the LCS has to escape from a siege on foot, implying access to their cars was blocked off. Bicycles, however, could be stored inside the safehouse, allowing the squad to just grab them on the way out.

2. Similarly, with the wheelchair, Id like to see more disabilities, like liberals going blind and having the need a service dog, and in a fight the dog attacks for them. For an added funny maybe they can get "Chick head" and the chicken will sometimes attack others (Either the infected person, another liberal, or someone on the same square.).

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Chick Head", but I like the seeing eye dog idea. Not sure how it would work, but the game can always use more dogs.

3. When you go to the police station, there could be an evidence locker, which you can break into similar to the safes on the outskirts. Except when you break in, it does something different, one of two things. Either take a few random charges off a random liberal, or remove some heat off the safe house the liberals came from. However, this would get the liberal a charge of "Tampering with evidence."

Yes. I have nothing to add, except to say that this idea is awesome.

4. When in court there is a chance of your liberal having an outburst on the judge and the court, gaining the liberal an automatic guilty verdict, but an extra month in the court house, for simplicity, while being held for contempt.

I'm not sure if there would be a benefit to this. Perhaps it's something that could only affect Liberals with low Juice? Surely proper Liberals would be too well bred for this sort of thing.

EDIT: Apparently that doesn't rhyme after all.  :(
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:56:37 pm by Capital Fish »
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2013, 10:41:05 am »

Its a really old reference no one will probably ever get. Its an "illness" that a character got in a show call "Invader Zim."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Ihlosi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2013, 11:39:05 am »

I'm not sure how site vehicles would work. Don't most buildings have policies against riding bikes and roller skates?

Most buildings also have policies against vandalism, theft, burglary, breaking and entering, assault, kidnapping, arson, murder and other Liberal activities.

2. Similarly, with the wheelchair, Id like to see more disabilities, like liberals going blind and having the need a service dog, and in a fight the dog attacks for them.

Actually, there is at least one task that requires vision, and the game will issue appropriate remarks if you bring a blind person instead.

However, I believe blindness is rare because it requires hits to the head, which have a fairly good chance of killing the victim outright.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2013, 11:59:33 am »

Or maybe a hit from a, newly implemented, flashbang? If one were to be added. Or maybe an exploding battery?

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 06, 2013, 12:03:28 pm »

I'm not sure how site vehicles would work. Don't most buildings have policies against riding bikes and roller skates?

Most buildings also have policies against vandalism, theft, burglary, breaking and entering, assault, kidnapping, arson, murder and other Liberal activities.

And those activities set off the alarm. Or at least make area Conservatives "suspicious". Though I suppose zipping around the courthouse on a skateboard could make Conservatives suspicious in the same way that Liberal nudity does.   

Ihlosi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 06, 2013, 01:40:32 pm »

And those activities set off the alarm. Or at least make area Conservatives "suspicious". Though I suppose zipping around the courthouse on a skateboard could make Conservatives suspicious in the same way that Liberal nudity does.

Same thing could go for skateboarding in certain buildings. Isn't "Skateboarding is a crime!" a very Conservative slogan?  ;D

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 06, 2013, 01:59:12 pm »

New Skateboarding Issue!

C+  Owning a skateboard is punishable by death.
C    Skateboarding is illegal
M    Skateboarding is prohibited in most public spaces
L     Skateboarding is encouraged as a healthy mode of transportation
L+   Skateboards are given right-of-way over all other modes of transport

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 06, 2013, 11:01:41 pm »

You know, L+ is supposed to be ironically good.

Not, terrible.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 06, 2013, 11:14:08 pm »

Ironically terrible is part of it, too.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Ihlosi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 07, 2013, 12:57:19 am »

Not, terrible.

You're not thinking Liberal enough.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 07, 2013, 01:37:39 am »

Not, terrible.

You're not thinking Liberal enough.

How about Skateboard ramps are required by law in all buildings.

It is ironically good without the "No more cars" which doesn't work at all and is logically backwards especially since LCS takes place in a city that has been decentralized.

It is too silly in other words.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 02:37:56 am by Neonivek »

FugitiveUnknown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 09, 2013, 05:58:38 pm »

I'm not sure if I like this idea, but I could see Public versus Private transportation being a cool issue.
C+ = Cars are limited to a maximum of 10mpg by law. Public transportation is an oxymoron. Bikes/Skateboards are outlawed. (At this level ,Traffic is so bad, driving checks are penalized in cities for both persuers and persuees, with crashes being far more likely)

C = Cars have no emission standards. Bikes/Skateboards are extremely unpopular. Publc transport exists only in major cities and is almost universally privatized (and very expensive).

N = Vehicles have nominal emission standards. Public transportation is somewhat subsidized. Some people ride their bikes to work, but its mostly couriers.

L = Car and road taxes are common in major cities. Public transport is heavily subsidized, as is buying bikes/skateboards. Bike sharing programs in major cities.  (At this level, escaping city locations by car spawns additional chasing units due to decreased response times and reduced traffic, but crashes are less likely for all involved)

L+ = By law, public transportation goes nearly everywhere and it is free. Private vehicles are banned downtown, require monthly emission checks and and are so heavily taxed no one owns one.  (At this level, police/government responses are faster, and escaping spawns twice as many persuers. Also, you can go to "outside the city" locations without a car)

I really like this idea, but I'd say if you break in you can either
A - Screw with the evidence, which decreases public opinion on the police and law and order in general. This should give you significant bonuses to courtroom defenses.

B - Steal stuff, which raises heat a TON. Randomly acquire money, drugs (count as valuable good you can pawn), stolen property (random, but usually valuables) or weapons (random, could be anything).

Maybe not an outburst, but I like the idea this as a possible critical fail for a  "Defend Yourself" if you don't have enough law. It should probably give some Juice as well, since this is the sort of thing that tends to get picked up by news.

KoboldSmasher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 12, 2013, 06:42:59 am »

I think it would be cool if low heart members of the squad could succumb to the conservative dollars and then sell out your hideout and possibly tip off the police about your next target so they could ambush the squad

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 12, 2013, 02:20:52 pm »

That rhymes.
Wait, how does that rhyme?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11