Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: DwarfMonitor Plugin [Update: shows current date & weather in margin]  (Read 36469 times)

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DwarfMonitor Plugin [Update: Live overlay of happiness levels]
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2013, 07:26:13 pm »

There won't be any conflicts as these screens are independent of base DF screens. However, if you manually remap the "secondary page down" function in DF to something other than asterisk, then it would change for this screen too. I probably don't need it remapping for this screen... in the next version I'll have it hardcoded to a key so it doesn't get remapped.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2013, 07:35:35 pm »

That's probably not a good idea.

Having it mapped to the menu navigation keys makes things easier to remember and navigate. Especially when somebody has the menu navigation keys remapped for laptop use.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 08:01:00 pm »

In this case it's conceptually different though. It's not being used as a navigation key in this screen, it's just a hotkey to change a setting. I shouldn't have picked it... I should use a regular letter, like 'W', which would avoid confusion.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2013, 03:27:33 am »

Just made a small update that aligns the happiness display on the right hand side, because it was interfering with some announcement displays.

sandi Mexicola

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2013, 11:08:56 am »

thanks for that, i'll turn it back on now! :D

CheatingChicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 05:59:07 am »

The Overlay is being overwritten by some announcements from time to time still, even though its on the right side. Could you make it redraw itself every so often?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2013, 05:36:24 am »

The Overlay is being overwritten by some announcements from time to time still, even though its on the right side. Could you make it redraw itself every so often?

Hmm well everything is redrawn every frame and the announcement is written after the plugin rendering is done, so unfortunately I don't think there's anything I can do there. If you go into the (a)nnouncement screen that should clear any announcement along the bottom... does that make the monitor visible again?

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DwarfMonitor Plugin [Update: Dwarf Preferences Summary]
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2013, 04:50:37 am »

I've added a new screen to the plugin that shows a summary of all the preferences of the dwarves in your fort, grouped by the number of dwarves who have each preference. This should help you decide what areas to work on that would please the most dwarves.

Add a keybinding similar to the following to your dfhack.init file to launch the screen:
Code: [Select]
keybinding add Alt-P@dwarfmode/Default "dwarfmonitor prefs"

The number next to each preference is the number of dwarves who have that preference (these dwarves are displayed in the right hand column).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:37:48 am by falconne »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2013, 11:23:13 am »

OMG, that is awesome :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Crioca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2013, 07:40:11 pm »

Nice, going to find it's way into Masterwork?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2013, 10:26:29 pm »

Just verified.  Splinterz did code that into DT v20.4 (Windows, Docks, Preferences) (referencing a Reddit post)

Although, in game is ALWAYS better

Next I would say would be thoughts,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

To be honest, if Dwarf Therapist could be handled by DFHack Plugins (which Splinterz is all for, merging stuff with DFHack), it would be nice if the role calculations could be ported into the internal Dwarf Therapist...

hrmmm, I wonder who dev'd that
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 10:29:13 pm by thistleknot »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2013, 10:53:04 pm »

Thistleknot, what on earth are you talking about?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2013, 11:16:12 pm »

He means you can see the dwarves' preferences in Therapist. But you can't see totals in Therapist though, just individuals. The purpose of my screen is so you can see which preferences affect the most dwarves.

As for putting Therapist into DFHack (and ingame), well there's already the Manipulator plugin, but I think it's very difficult to do everything Therapist does with a text only interface and make it easy to use. Still, it can be approached piecemeal.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2013, 12:34:12 am »

I did mean you can see totals (in DT).

Here's an example:
http://imgur.com/z3zQYbq  I have 10 embark dwarve's, they all like working outside (forget that I'm horribly cheating using vjek's scripts

I was also referencing the Dwarf Therapist UI that exists inside Dfhack, I forget the key combo cuz I never use it, but it's pretty much like the non Splinterz version, based entirely on skills.

Either way, I was just trying to say, good work, albeit someone has already implemented this feature with less thunder apparently, but it's always best to have a UI inside Dwarf Fortress (aka via DFHack) vs an outside tool

The only reason I know about any of this, is because Splinterz was emailing me the info on it while he was dev'ing it up, apparently one of the big debugger guys got the layouts for it (not Q, another guy [edit: AG]), and he pulled the list from him, he did this when he was trying to implement preferences into Dwarf Therapist, apparently he thought it would be useful to see a sum of them as well.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 08:54:44 am by thistleknot »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2013, 12:52:51 am »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/User:Vjek

Are there any more of such user-written scripts that you know? Because I have never seen those, but I think I might use/alter some of them. I usually read through the dfhack thread, but maybe there are more scripts out there, and I just dont know about them.. like the startdwarf.rb script, I stumbled upon it by chance.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5