Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: ROLL TO CREATE A NON-MINIMALIST RTD  (Read 9405 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
ROLL TO CREATE A NON-MINIMALIST RTD
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:03:15 pm »

Basically this is a you are god type RTD, so help me make a world, a combat system, and summon weird stuff. What ever the result is, will be turned into a Non-minimalist RTD.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CREATE A NON-MINIMALIST RTD
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:06:46 pm »

The WORLD is THE IMAGINARIUM OF NICHOLAS CAGE, AS IMAGINED BY THE CHESHIRE CAT.
The combat system shall be a PUN-BASED SYSTEM.
Wierd stuff shall include HORRORS BEYOND IMAGINING DESCRIBED IN SICKENING DETAIL.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:12:32 pm »

There are no Health Points or Magic Points; everything is abstracted.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 08:14:54 pm »

Wierd stuff shall include HORRORS BEYOND IMAGINING DESCRIBED IN SICKENING DETAIL.
+1

Addendum, all magic must be channeled through a screaming contest.
Every living thing within the world bears a striking resemblance to both creators.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:26:47 pm »

XP is rewarded based on failures, never on perfect successes or overshoots.
Attempting absurdly awesome actions grants a bonus to the roll.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 08:37:45 pm »

+1
Addendum, all magic must be channeled through a screaming contest.
Every living thing within the world bears a striking resemblance to both creators.

XP is rewarded based on failures, never on perfect successes or overshoots.
Attempting absurdly awesome actions grants a bonus to the roll.
+1

The setting is the modern-day world after a crystal meteorite gives hundreds of millions of people worldwide superpowers, mostly in Western Asia, Eastern Europe, and Northwest Africa.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 08:50:08 pm »

In order to determine the result of an action, a separate d8 roll must be made to determine the intelligence of the action itself, then a d6 roll to determine the success of the action, then a d4 roll to determine how many parallel universes are created by the action.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 08:51:12 pm »

During combat, damage is only inflicted on the left leg. This sounds ineffective, but have you ever tripped or something on your left leg? That shit hurts.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 09:08:28 pm »

Any action ends with a roll of a d1. If you roll a 1 then something on the world explodes. Roll a d6 to see how big of an explosion.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 10:02:11 pm »

In order to determine the result of an action, a separate d8 roll must be made to determine the intelligence of the action itself, then a d6 roll to determine the success of the action, then a d4 roll to determine how many parallel universes are created by the action.

GM burnout, folks, GM burnout.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 10:09:18 pm »

During combat, damage is only inflicted on the left leg. This sounds ineffective, but have you ever tripped or something on your left leg? That shit hurts.

Any action ends with a roll of a d1. If you roll a 1 then something on the world explodes. Roll a d6 to see how big of an explosion.

GM burnout, folks, GM burnout.
+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 11:27:24 pm »

All actions that roll an overshoot must somehow include bacon, cats, wizards, and dwarves.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 11:41:31 pm »

All actions that roll an overshoot must somehow include bacon, cats, wizards, and dwarves.
+1 to my modified version
Sig

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 02:54:43 am »

We. Need. Enemies.
Intelligent phygs go! (flying pigs)
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 04:27:15 am »

One of the enemies will a yandere high school girl who will come after GWG' character regardless of distance, dangers or current life signs of both characters.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: [1] 2 3 4