Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: ROLL TO CREATE A NON-MINIMALIST RTD  (Read 9412 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: ROLL TO CREATE A NON-MINIMALIST RTD
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 07:39:00 am »

The WORLD is THE IMAGINARIUM OF NICHOLAS CAGE, AS IMAGINED BY THE CHESHIRE CAT.
The combat system shall be a PUN-BASED SYSTEM.
Wierd stuff shall include HORRORS BEYOND IMAGINING DESCRIBED IN SICKENING DETAIL.
(1+2) Nick Cage will exist
(1+2) A pun must be made in order for combat to happen
(2+2) So Cthulhu?

There are no Health Points or Magic Points; everything is abstracted.

(3) could you be more specific please?

Addendum, all magic must be channeled through a screaming contest.
Every living thing within the world bears a striking resemblance to both creators.
(3) I like that, but the RNG says it must be changed to magic must be spoken
(5)  So who are the creators?

XP is rewarded based on failures, never on perfect successes or overshoots.
Attempting absurdly awesome actions grants a bonus to the roll.
+1

The setting is the modern-day world after a crystal meteorite gives hundreds of millions of people worldwide superpowers, mostly in Western Asia, Eastern Europe, and Northwest Africa.
(4+1) XP is based on failure.
(4+1) Bonuses for awesomeness
(6) THis is the set in stone setting that cannot be altered. I will use the Metamorphica superpower table for this.

In order to determine the result of an action, a separate d8 roll must be made to determine the intelligence of the action itself, then a d6 roll to determine the success of the action, then a d4 roll to determine how many parallel universes are created by the action.
(1-2) This will never happen

During combat, damage is only inflicted on the left leg. This sounds ineffective, but have you ever tripped or something on your left leg? That shit hurts.
(3-1) Nope, sorry (I liked that one)

Any action ends with a roll of a d1. If you roll a 1 then something on the world explodes. Roll a d6 to see how big of an explosion.
(3-1) Nope

All actions that roll an overshoot must somehow include bacon, cats, wizards, and dwarves.
(1+1) Nope

We. Need. Enemies.
Intelligent phygs go! (flying pigs)
(6) They are from outer space

One of the enemies will a yandere high school girl who will come after GWG' character regardless of distance, dangers or current life signs of both characters.
(6) Also permanent.

Current structure of RTD:
Permanent: setting is the modern-day world after a crystal meteorite gives hundreds of millions of people worldwide superpowers, mostly in Western Asia, Eastern Europe, and Northwest Africa. I will use the Metamorphica superpower table for this. These superpowered people are battling intelligent flying pig aliens. One of the enemies will a yandere high school girl who will come after GWG' character regardless of distance, dangers or current life signs of both characters.

Non-Permament:
XP:
XP is rewarded based on failures, never on perfect successes or overshoots.

Setting:
Magic must be spoken
Every living thing within the world bears a striking resemblance to both creators.

NPCs:
Nick Cage will exist

Rolls:

Combat:
A pun must be made in order for combat to happen

Description:
Wierd stuff shall include HORRORS BEYOND IMAGINING DESCRIBED IN SICKENING DETAIL.

Banned List:
In order to determine the result of an action, 3 or more complex die rolls must be rolled.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 07:46:50 am »

The gods are NPC versions of bay12, Derm will be the god of overpowered explosions.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 09:16:50 am »

When the crystal meteorite caused a mass emergence of superpowers, a worldwide war was started. This war devastated the planet. The planet did not like this. It did not like this at all. It realized it needed superheroes of its own to defend itself. It gathered the most fanatical of environmentalists, and it imbued them with powers. Great powers. The powers of CAPTAIN PLANET!

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2013, 09:26:38 am »

Rolls:

IN ORDER TO DETERMINE THE CLASS OF A RANDOMLY GENERATED ENEMY THE GM MUST ROLL A 250-SIDED DIE, SELECT A RANDOM COUNTRY, TAKE THE AMOUNT OF ITS LEGAL UNEMPLOYED POPULATION, DIVIDE IT BY THE SQUARE ROOT OF 14 WHILE BEATING AN ARMY OF ROBOTS WITH A FRYING PAN THEN TAKE THE BROKEN ROBOTS AND PUT THEM IN A RITUAL CIRCLE IN WHICH A PIECE OF PAPER WITH THE NUMBER WILL BE PLACED AS EXACTLY 12 PI SQUIRRELS ARE SACRIFICED IN ORDER TO PLEASE THE MATH GODS WHICH SHALL THEN OVERNIGHT DRAW THE ANSWER FOR YOU IN A COMPLEX RIDDLE THAT UTILIZES CALCULATIONS NOT YET UNDERSTOOD BY MAN

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2013, 10:00:47 am »

health is measured in blood/limbs/functioning organs, not hit points or other abstractions.

taking damage puts a penalty on rolls related to the damage. (for example you don't run well if you get shot in the knee foot.)

mutations/superpowers are normally stable, but become destabilized by additional exposure to crystals. this causes hallucinations if mildly exposed, existing mutations to be re-rolled if moderately exposed, and additional mutations to be added if heavily exposed.

the process of mutations changing is very, very painful. crippling anyone while it is occurring, and knocking out anyone gaining additional mutations. teammates will usually need to help get the player out of the area. to make this possible, effects of being exposed to the crystals are delayed. (also allowing players to be exposed without realizing what is occurring until things get... interesting.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2013, 10:14:21 am »

Mechanics:
Experience is actually the collected crystal power of the enemies beaten.
Special enemies can steal experience.
A character's level is the halved square root of his or her experience. [Lv=(sqrt(xp))/2]
Enemies give level^2 experience.
Levels give more mutations.
On levelup you can choose from 3 randomly chosen mutations.

Story:
The Crystal Meteor was the phygs's experiment.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 02:54:01 pm »

There are no roll modifiers. Instead, potential roll modifiers fill the RNG Power Bar. When the bar is full, the player may unleash a randomly generated special attack.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 03:58:07 pm »

The people with superpowers are helped by the Mole People from the center of the earth, who are sworn enemies of the Flying Pigs.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 05:23:04 pm »

The gods are NPC versions of bay12, Derm will be the god of overpowered explosions.
(6) This is permanent. Any other god submissions? king of the gods?

When the crystal meteorite caused a mass emergence of superpowers, a worldwide war was started. This war devastated the planet. The planet did not like this. It did not like this at all. It realized it needed superheroes of its own to defend itself. It gathered the most fanatical of environmentalists, and it imbued them with powers. Great powers. The powers of CAPTAIN PLANET!
(4) okay. What are his powers?

Rolls:

IN ORDER TO DETERMINE THE CLASS OF A RANDOMLY GENERATED ENEMY THE GM MUST ROLL A 250-SIDED DIE, SELECT A RANDOM COUNTRY, TAKE THE AMOUNT OF ITS LEGAL UNEMPLOYED POPULATION, DIVIDE IT BY THE SQUARE ROOT OF 14 WHILE BEATING AN ARMY OF ROBOTS WITH A FRYING PAN THEN TAKE THE BROKEN ROBOTS AND PUT THEM IN A RITUAL CIRCLE IN WHICH A PIECE OF PAPER WITH THE NUMBER WILL BE PLACED AS EXACTLY 12 PI SQUIRRELS ARE SACRIFICED IN ORDER TO PLEASE THE MATH GODS WHICH SHALL THEN OVERNIGHT DRAW THE ANSWER FOR YOU IN A COMPLEX RIDDLE THAT UTILIZES CALCULATIONS NOT YET UNDERSTOOD BY MAN
(2) nope.

health is measured in blood/limbs/functioning organs, not hit points or other abstractions.

taking damage puts a penalty on rolls related to the damage. (for example you don't run well if you get shot in the knee foot.)

mutations/superpowers are normally stable, but become destabilized by additional exposure to crystals. this causes hallucinations if mildly exposed, existing mutations to be re-rolled if moderately exposed, and additional mutations to be added if heavily exposed.

the process of mutations changing is very, very painful. crippling anyone while it is occurring, and knocking out anyone gaining additional mutations. teammates will usually need to help get the player out of the area. to make this possible, effects of being exposed to the crystals are delayed. (also allowing players to be exposed without realizing what is occurring until things get... interesting.
(4) health uses the chunky salsa system.
(6) permanent to the roll system.
(4) I like the idea of destabilization after extra exposure.
(4) okay I'll do that, but it won't permanently cripple them.

Mechanics:
Experience is actually the collected crystal power of the enemies beaten.
Special enemies can steal experience.
A character's level is the halved square root of his or her experience. [Lv=(sqrt(xp))/2]
Enemies give level^2 experience.
Levels give more mutations.
On levelup you can choose from 3 randomly chosen mutations.

Story:
The Crystal Meteor was the phygs's experiment.
(1) sorry, but it has been banned.
(5) it's in there.
(3) okay, this will fit into the crystal meteor exposure thing.
(5) okay, so defeating enemies levels up 2 XP?
(3) done already.
(2) no choosing. mutations are randomly chosen.
(4) added to the story.

There are no roll modifiers. Instead, potential roll modifiers fill the RNG Power Bar. When the bar is full, the player may unleash a randomly generated special attack.
(1) this idea is banned

The people with superpowers are helped by the Mole People from the center of the earth, who are sworn enemies of the Flying Pigs.
(4) sure.

Current structure of RTD:
Permanent:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Non-Permament:

Banned List:
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 05:27:17 pm »

Why do I get so unlucky on your RtDs?
I am now the God of Fail

If a player rolls a 6, roll a d100. If an even number is shown, prepare for unforseen consequences. If an odd number is shown, the roll is treated as a 5, and something really weird and improbable happens somewhere.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 05:28:54 pm »

There is a enemy group that are death dealer(attack with cards)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 05:31:07 pm »

In turn one, I mentioned both creators. I was talking about Cheshire Cat and Nick Cage.

Technology is set in the Dark Ages. But with lasers.
Nyan Cat is a boss fight.
Zombies and other undead exist, and are predominant on a specific continent where they are kept by force of a special necromancer division tasked with their containment.
Elves appear only in the form of mutated half-alive beings of eternal torment. They are nigh-unkillable except with magma, cheese, and undead elephants.
Tin is a super-metal.
In the center of the continent there is a six mile wide lake of pure mercury.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 05:31:19 pm »

Why do I get so unlucky on your RtDs?
I am now the God of Fail

If a player rolls a 6, roll a d100. If an even number is shown, prepare for unforseen consequences. If an odd number is shown, the roll is treated as a 5, and something really weird and improbable happens somewhere.
Well in Over the Top your guy can't roll higher then a 3 right now. If you die you will be fine.
Sigtext

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 05:56:49 pm »

(4) okay. What are his powers?
Captain Planet's powers are...

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 07:57:23 pm »

not: all things made in images of two creators (fun and funny for a day, dull and annoying after a week, it stifles variety)

players can upon death choose to respawn as the same character in a safe location, but take permanent stat penalties for doing so.

sentient AIs can be made, but making them requires murder.

OH GOD THE SNIPERS WHY?!?!?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4