Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Naruto: Way of the Fortress [0.02A]  (Read 8292 times)

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Naruto: Way of the Fortress [0.01A]
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 05:06:50 pm »

Ninja civs seem sort of vulnerable, but in one modded world, they took over an elf civ and maybe part of a dwarf one also that a human civ took a chunk of as well.

I mean, it seems like their cities can die easily.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2013, 08:58:58 pm »

Ninja civs seem sort of vulnerable, but in one modded world, they took over an elf civ and maybe part of a dwarf one also that a human civ took a chunk of as well.

I mean, it seems like their cities can die easily.
Not sure I'm interpreting this correctly, are you saying that the ninja city took over an entire elf civ, part of a dwarf city and part of a human civ? Or are you saying they all took out the ninjas?
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 10:30:48 pm »

sorry. I mean in most worlds, their cities die easily. and in worlds they flourish in, they tend to have low populations. although it may be me setting things too low.

but in that one world, they took over an elf civ and half of a dwarven civ that was partitioned with humans like poland was it looks like.

then again, it was me making every civ use cities. so probably disregard my stuff, sorry for spamming. good luck with future stuff, I will download the next upadted version also. :3

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 01:35:25 am »

sorry. I mean in most worlds, their cities die easily. and in worlds they flourish in, they tend to have low populations. although it may be me setting things too low.

but in that one world, they took over an elf civ and half of a dwarven civ that was partitioned with humans like poland was it looks like.

then again, it was me making every civ use cities. so probably disregard my stuff, sorry for spamming. good luck with future stuff, I will download the next upadted version also. :3
:D I appreciate the support! And yeah, they probably don't survive because of their gear. They currently have no armor above ARMOR_LEVEL:2 (Chain, but it's actually made of leather), and their weapons are pretty strange for the AI (Both ranged and melee in the same weapon). I'm working out interactions for ninjutsu for the next release. Already have the Chakra material done.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 09:05:59 am »

ooh :3

and also, adventurers can melee with kunai and shuriken very good. like I jsut get the object using skill up and can one-hit wolves and dingoes more than with other weapons with a kunai. and senpon are very deadly when thrown :3

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2013, 05:38:44 pm »

and also, adventurers can melee with kunai and shuriken very good. like I jsut get the object using skill up and can one-hit wolves and dingoes more than with other weapons with a kunai. and senpon are very deadly when thrown :3
Are they? I wasn't sure if making them go that deep was going to be too OP or not, I wanted them to be useless at melee, but deadly at range because they go deep.  Also, are the Kunai OP at melee? I really have no idea about the current values .-.;;

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2013, 05:53:20 pm »

How about just make a "projectile glove" weapon that uses kunai and shuriken as ammo?

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2013, 05:58:15 pm »

How about just make a "projectile glove" weapon that uses kunai and shuriken as ammo?
Eh, yeah, but then Kunai and Shuriken would be the same ammo class, and I personally like being able to choose what to throw, rather than just a grabbag of whatever you pull from your quiver. (Why the hell are they hardcoded QQ)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2013, 06:03:36 pm »

That's what I said last night to him.

Eh, yeah, but then Kunai and Shuriken would be the same ammo class, and I personally like being able to choose what to throw, rather than just a grabbag of whatever you pull from your quiver. (Why the hell are they hardcoded QQ)

Remember I suggested them to be combat items? like the Kunai can be a knife/dagger. but shuriken can be a glove, dagger, tanto, katana, etc that allows the "firing" of it.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2013, 12:01:18 pm »

Currently working on Castes for the Ninjas; so, there are 4 main castes (Fire/Wind/Water/Ground(Physical?)), which every ninja should get born into, after that they'll do an interaction to study a certain chakra-release (Ex: A fire ninja is born who later goes to study explosion-release).  I think I'm going to aim for release today, assuming something doesn't come up today.  I get out of school in 4 weeks, so I've been a bit busy recently, sorry about that. ^^;

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: Naruto: Way of the Fortress [0.02A]
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2013, 01:41:52 am »

Updated, did a *bit* of arena mode testing.  Also did a bit of Adv. Mode testing, got killed by a Water Buffalo.  This is why I don't play Adv. Mode xD
Nevertheless, should be playable~

Let me tell you, arena mode battles are epic, when you see, say, 3 ninjas all running around throwing Kunai; I'm so excited for the new combat system, this mod is going to be absolutely sick.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 10:08:49 pm »

yo where the ninjas at?

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 01:00:05 pm »

how long does the log thing last?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 01:14:23 pm »

well looking at his interaction it starts around 2 1/2 hours in ticks and ends in 12 game hours (so half a day)

EDIT:
correction the transformation lasts 2 hours roughly the speed boost lasts for 12 hours
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:16:03 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 03:45:56 pm »

Pages: 1 [2]