Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the mod

Prospect gold nuggets from sand.
Steal gems from other civs. (simulated by reaction)
Prospect fuel from peat-clay. (collect clay on a peat surface)
Witchers, magic melee
Hexers, magic ranged/support
Hypnotoad, special pet with crazy fortress-wide interactions
More religion, praying, offerings

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: ☼Kobold Camp☼ [v.05] - Release included in MasterworkDF. And a new poll ;)  (Read 39534 times)

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That reminds me, the tutorial thread shows cauldrons and ladles being made from wood in the craftsbold shop, but I couldn't find the reaction and the checking the raws shows that both have [METAL_MAT], not [HARD_MAT]. Did I miss something?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

That reminds me, the tutorial thread shows cauldrons and ladles being made from wood in the craftsbold shop, but I couldn't find the reaction and the checking the raws shows that both have [METAL_MAT], not [HARD_MAT]. Did I miss something?
Have the exact same issue!

jcpalerm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I've yet to successfully fight a battle, haha. I recently got late into a game by just burrowing in clay and building a billion traps and putting a ton of Trap Spiders on them. No one attacked me, possibly because of my embark location, but no one besides some errant creatures wandered into the traps. I am still curious if anyone has some insight on exactly how the trap spiders web the traps. Is it something I have to do manually? Since, the end of my fort was an ambush of 20 Pandashi that killed 9 of my Ogres armed with tree trunks (I think). They danced over the traps and didn't seem to be ensnared at all and killed close to 15 Trap Spiders.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Ok, I have to balance a lot more it seems. Ogres should be better, after all they are semimegabeasts...

Trap spiders work like any other webbing spide... never caught a Giant Cave Spider and build a silkfarm? You need to put them near an enemy, and they will shoot webs. Every trap with a web above it works against trapavoid enemies. But the spiders themselves are super weak, they shouldnt be in a melee at all.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

never caught a Giant Cave Spider and build a silkfarm?

Kids grow up so fast these days :)

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are kobolds as weak as they are supposed to be? Or do I just have exceptional ones?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's the second kobold that has ripped off the enemies head ???
Edit: make that three kobolds that have done so
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:35:58 pm by Snorunt30 »
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look at how tiny their heads are!
That's it? I sorta imagined them as at least the height of a person...
How large is a common kestrel then? Like a parakeet?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 02:38:06 pm by Snorunt30 »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Kestrels are small falcons, small enough to hover, and to not mind eating large insects sometimes.

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, well don't mind me then, imagined them a lot larger ::). Suppose that's what I get for not looking them up instead of just guessing it's as large as a person (as in, several times a kobolds' size)

jcpalerm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm impressed that your kobolds were able to hold them off. I've had several come back from engagements with seemingly harmless creatures like kestrels and tiny cave beetles with no limbs and no ability to stand.

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm impressed that your kobolds were able to hold them off. I've had several come back from engagements with seemingly harmless creatures like kestrels and tiny cave beetles with no limbs and no ability to stand.
It's only those two kobolds though, the rest vanish into thin air. I should probably see if they are related given that this is a three year old world. Maybe I'll test their strength on some of those wild raptors running through town :P (or the things rising from the cave that leads to the caverns that I've not explored yet).

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile

Kobolds using melee are piss-weak, even in the military. My only melee 'bold has an ironbone machete and rigid scale armor, and all his bones are broken. I have no idea how he's still alive.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

It is possible as Bolds to get Mithril gear from elves. Needless to say, if you can get it the light weight and good quality is just plain excellent.

Also, is it now common practice to call military kobolds Bolds?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Do you melt it down first? Kobolds shouldnt be able to use armors from invaders.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14