Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the mod

Prospect gold nuggets from sand.
Steal gems from other civs. (simulated by reaction)
Prospect fuel from peat-clay. (collect clay on a peat surface)
Witchers, magic melee
Hexers, magic ranged/support
Hypnotoad, special pet with crazy fortress-wide interactions
More religion, praying, offerings

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Author Topic: ☼Kobold Camp☼ [v.05] - Release included in MasterworkDF. And a new poll ;)  (Read 39536 times)

Goodwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im trying to build a poison cookery, but where do I get a cauldron and a ladle? Also, where can I get rock to make a thieves tunnel?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Rock = Clay, clay boulders and bricks should do it. Might have to balance it a bit though. Kobold camp is more or less just a BETA atm.

Cauldrons and ladles should be normal tools from the craftsbold. Same menu you use to make hives, pots, jugs...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Goodwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I get clay boulders?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Like normal DF? Never used your kiln to make earthenware goods? :P (I dont blame you, me neither)

Make a Zone:Clay, build a Kiln, run reaction:collect clay. DONE. Its like collecting sand for making glass.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Goodwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok but uhh... How do I build a kiln without stone in the first place?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok but uhh... How do I build a kiln without stone in the first place?
Make bone blocks at the bone carver.
The problem with cauldrons and ladles is that in the raws they have [METAL_MAT] not [HARD_MAT], or at least they did when I tried.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:59:28 pm by Nahere »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Hey little suggestion for Kobolds: the ability to make gumbo.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Gumbo is a dish that originated in southern Louisiana during the 18th century
That doesnt fit at all ^^

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Sorry, thats just how I play them. And in any case, it's more about the ingredients and preparation of gumbo. Name it whatver.

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quick question (well, statement sort of), I thought I read somewhere that you could dig out minerals if they were in dirt layers? I have a cave entrance to the caverns and I can't dig out the gold that is clearly visible from here :( (in the walls leading to the caverns). I'm probably thinking of something else? (Gems maybe?)
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You probably thought you read something about the original Kobold Camp, which has nothing to do with this mod I wrote for Masterwork. Besides the name. A few items are the same, but everything else is different.

Having said that, you can indeed dig a few types of minerals, and all gems in the NEWEST version, which I just uploaded 20mins ago. :)

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You probably thought you read something about the original Kobold Camp, which has nothing to do with this mod I wrote for Masterwork. Besides the name. A few items are the same, but everything else is different.

Having said that, you can indeed dig a few types of minerals, and all gems in the NEWEST version, which I just uploaded 20mins ago. :)
Possibly, or I was remembering reading the change-log before you just posted it? :P (Similar to the way I found Dwarf Fortress :P). In any case, gives me something new to do (since I couldn't get anyone to invade the kobolds when I had ~7 mil worth year 2, due to clay crafts, they only sent out thieves who ran like chickens when found)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Use more civs :P

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use more civs :P
There was max civs allowed in game. 8). They all loved the kobolds though (or acted like it), refused to declare war even after several diplomats were gutted by resident animals. This could be due to my giving them hundreds of thousands dwarfbucks worth of clay crafts as offerings to clean the map up a bit though ::). Also, if you enable kobolds on masterwork settings, does it prevent dwarves from digging as well? Only asking because prior to seeing the update it would not let me dig any deeper than below dirt (would not even highlight it for digging).
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:43:59 pm by Snorunt30 »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14