Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Future of the mod

Prospect gold nuggets from sand.
Steal gems from other civs. (simulated by reaction)
Prospect fuel from peat-clay. (collect clay on a peat surface)
Witchers, magic melee
Hexers, magic ranged/support
Hypnotoad, special pet with crazy fortress-wide interactions
More religion, praying, offerings

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: ☼Kobold Camp☼ [v.05] - Release included in MasterworkDF. And a new poll ;)  (Read 39002 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Its impossible to play dwarves and kobolds on the same world... if you change your race, GEN A NEW WORLD.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Snorunt30

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its impossible to play dwarves and kobolds on the same world... if you change your race, GEN A NEW WORLD.
Oh, ok, only asking since previously I could do it with orcs and dwarves with no issues (several versions ago though, before this was added)
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Kobolds and others are incompatable because in Kobold worlds, stone is undiggable.  Orc and Dwarf worlds are compatable if you know how to choose entities on embark.  (but you have to do a little tweaking yourself to raws to give both civ controllable, and choose what domestic animals you want, maybe a few other small things)

ed.

Meph's point still stands -- if you CHANGE your race settings, you must regen, if you made an Orc-only world you can't add Dwarves after the fact.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:04:39 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Its because of plants and pets, civ-tradepartners and in case of kobolds the stone is different.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ahrimans Library Card

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ignore this, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 02:35:05 pm by Ahrimans Library Card »

vyznev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Post deleted; sorry, wrong thread here too.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:40:04 pm by vyznev »
Climbing is a strength-based skill. Elephants are very strong. Why are you surprised?

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just wondering meph if you plan to focus on updating this or other areas of MW.

Either way loving your and Smake's work and I'll continue following!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I fixed a couple of bugs and balanced some things better for the bolds. Smake is focusing on the Orcs, and I try out more dfhack things. Forceevent and truetransform atm. So I am all into dwarf mode.

But if you have solid ideas for the kobolds, let me know and I'll add them. :)

mavj96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noted.
Great work, just downloaded the new patch.
I think I'm going to start a dwarf fort but when I delve more into my kobold camp I'll let you know what I find.

No but seriously awesome job :).

xxsputzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream

Meph can we get the concubines race specific.  Cause i bought one from a caravan and it was a breaded female milker dwarf.  Also have been watching a twitch caster that brings 100+ concubines on embark and want to try a similar embark as Orc or Kobold.

http://www.twitch.tv/mahraja1

Hasse

• Bay Watcher
  • Mining Dwarf, always mines, nothing else!
    • View Profile

How can we Mac users run this mod :(

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've done a couple searches in here on the issue with no luck, but I've found that, in my game, both the ogre's cave and the thieves' tunnel collapse/deconstruct upon completing a transaction (heal ogre, and steal from elves respectively).  I have way too many kobolds and would love to thin out their numbers a bit, but I cannot get it to work.  I'm going to try fiddling in the raws, but thought you should know.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

In Orc Fortress I discovered that some combination of the way we do boiling stone reactions (both heal ogre and the dead kobold vapor in thieves tunnel are probably this) with something in DFHack r3 causes wood and bone components of building to distruct. 

For a quick work around you might try making the building out of something temperature safe.

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would explain it! :-)

Unfortunately, while I believe fire-cast bricks would work in some cases, part of the Thieves' Tunnel is 10 logs which are decidedly impossible to fire-proof.  I added the Tunnel's reactions to the "patch of grass" one can build and, perhaps due to its lack of flammable building materials (given that it has no building materials), the reactions took place just fine.

jonveck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Further testing observations:

Stockpile issues.  I have found a variety of quivers, cheeses, and thieves' pouches/cloaks do not find their way into the piles.  Not sure if some of this (the thieves' tools in particular) are a hard-coded problem since I know blueprints in Masterwork are the same way.  I'd love to be able to feed the thieves' tools into a stockpile along with junk weapons so I can tell a tunnel to exclusively draw from that pile only so I could set it up and not have to micromanage it (or worry about a kid running off with my masterwork welded-mithral machete -- as realistic as that technically would be!).

Fishingbolds.  This is a tricky one.  I found it necessary to cheat via Dwarf Therapist to turn off the fishing job for children who are born with it defaulting on (due to a caste bonus).  Unless I want to forbid all water sources and wells, there was no way to keep them from going fish-crazy.  My legendary cook was creating luxury meals non-stop and I was already sitting on a stockpile of over 8,500 prepared meals when, during one extended break of his, my camp's kids managed to fish up another 1,400 fish.  Thus, it might be better to change their natural skill into an increased skill growth... if that would prevent fishing from defaulting on.

Workshops.  There's definitely the issue with flammable building materials being set off by boiling boulder reactions, but it's easily solved with a few alterations to the building requirements and a note about the issue.

Balancing.  Upon being able to actually create flame-resistant tables, I discovered the diagnostic reaction on corpses in the doctor's suite to be invaluable (and perhaps too good) at producing heat-resistant bonemeal boulders.  I dunno if this was the intent, but it sure was a useful way to get a legendary diagnostician and loads of replacement-stone.

Thief Skill.  An awful lot of my kobolds have become downright epic in their ambush/sneak skill -- without me actually doing anything about it.  It occurred to me now that the reason could be related to me having noticed a lot of my bolds moving about the camp slowly, in stalker mode I presume.  Might have something to do with castes.  It isn't really an issue, but it does mean stolen loot can easily be made masterwork and the camp won't all be buzzing about at the same speed.

Question.  Food stockpiles.  Given my monstrously large stores of meals, I decided to try out a system of food quantum piles (with mine carts/lorries) to make it more manageable.  I then questioned why I had never done such before... when I realized that it was because un-containered food usually attracts flies and other uncatchable vermin.  But here it didn't.  Am I not seeing it?  Is the icon for their presence somehow missing (and my kobolds are simply too happy with their masterwork meals and sunshine booze to care)?  Or were they removed from the raws in some way?... because, cheating or not, I love it and would love to remove flies from other incarnations of the game.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14